Blackfish

yankee211

I don't think the show will have Jaime go to the riverlands, because what is the point of him going to Dorne. I believe the show runners think that Jaimes arc I the books is not appealing on the TV screen, so they have him team up with Bronn to Dorne to get Marcella.

I don't think he will. Most TV viewers are not going to even remember him after such a long gap so it is pointless unless they do the Riverlands story which I don't think they will.

I'd be surprised if much happens in the show with the Riverlands. The show hasn't really portrayed it as being in contention anymore - it's ruled by the Freys, and that "rule" mainly consists of bandits roaming around. If D&D do much with the Riverlands, it'll be because Lady Stoneheart or the Brotherhood are important for their endgame, and so far there aren't any indications of that.

In both books and show, Benjen and the Blackfish are massive loose ends that may or may not have any meaning. Who knows, perhaps they both tripped and broke their necks the moment after they wandered off-screen/-page, and we'll never hear of them again. I'd guess that the next appearance for both in the show (if there is one) will also be whenever we next see them in the books.

I'd be surprised if much happens in the show with the Riverlands. The show hasn't really portrayed it as being in contention anymore - it's ruled by the Freys, and that "rule" mainly consists of bandits roaming around. If D&D do much with the Riverlands, it'll be because Lady Stoneheart or the Brotherhood are important for their endgame, and so far there aren't any indications of that.

In both books and show, Benjen and the Blackfish are massive loose ends that may or may not have any meaning. Who knows, perhaps they both tripped and broke their necks the moment after they wandered off-screen/-page, and we'll never hear of them again. I'd guess that the next appearance for both in the show (if there is one) will also be whenever we next see them in the books.

Pretty sure George said we're not done with Blackfish. I'm guessing he'll be able to remind LS of some shred of humanity.

And David Bradley who plays Walder Frey said that he wasn't needed for the show this year but that D&D told him that he'd be back for S6. Makes me think IF any Iron Islands or Riverlands stuff does happen it'll be pushed to S6.

Pretty sure George said we're not done with Blackfish. I'm guessing he'll be able to remind LS of some shred of humanity.

And David Bradley who plays Walder Frey said that he wasn't needed for the show this year but that D&D told him that he'd be back for S6. Makes me think IF any Iron Islands or Riverlands stuff does happen it'll be pushed to S6.

Yeah, I agree. *If* the show brings in LS, then I'd guess that's where we'll next see the Blackfish (mind you, that may be too obvious for GRRM); if there's no LSH, then I'd guess we'll probably see him getting some kind of revenge on the Freys. However, I still think Walder Frey is going to die happy in his sleep, grinning to himself over a life well lived, and only after that will the twins come tumbling down.

You know, thinking about it, if LSH's purpose is to destroy House Frey, perhaps what will happen in the show is LSH's role will be given to the Blackfish. I.E. he'll take command of the Brotherhood without Banners and bring an end to House Frey. If they don't have LSH, I'm thinking they're likely to go for that.

You know, thinking about it, if LSH's purpose is to destroy House Frey, perhaps what will happen in the show is LSH's role will be given to the Blackfish. I.E. he'll take command of the Brotherhood without Banners and bring an end to House Frey. If they don't have LSH, I'm thinking they're likely to go for that.

I really like the show, but I do realized that the more deeper they will get in the novels, it is difficult adapting all the storylines with only 10 episodes. I hope they include LS, but they have a pattern of substituting certain characters in the novels with existing ones in the show.

You would think that after the season 4 finale, book readers would go nuts at the show runners for not adding the epilogue. That would separate them from almost every show on TV.

Archived