Awesome new author for George R. R. Martin fans

MaybeMike

Kurt,

As respectfully as possible you should be aware that creating an account simply to attempt to advertise a book is looked on as rude, at best, and as should be obvious by now is unlikely to result in additional sales of the title advertised. Well, unless you cleeve to the "any publicity is good publicity" school of thought.

You guys are a bunch of a-holes that are jaundiced-eyed because I'M AN ACTUAL AUTHOR. You all can just spew your venom in animus envy; I'll sleep fine at night, will you?.

Damn, we're fingered. We are all sooooooooo envious.

To be fair, I am a tad envious, you got to make out with Goldie Hawn in Overboard.

Damn, we're fingered. We are all sooooooooo envious.

To be fair, I am a tad envious, you got to make out with Goldie Hawn in Overboard.

Oh, I'm pretty sure ol' One-Eyed Snake (no, I'm referring to Pliskin, you reprobates!) got to do a little more than that! :pirate:

ETA: had to change ;) to :pirate: - seemed more fitting.

You guys are a bunch of a-holes that are jaundiced-eyed because I'M AN ACTUAL AUTHOR. You all can just spew your venom in animus envy; I'll sleep fine at night, will you?.

You might want to consider whether this is, in fact, 'venom' or just a little mild teasing of someone who is apparently now admitting to being a sock-puppet.

I'm off for an extremely sound sleep. A good laugh will do that. :P

I know self-publishing must be a nightmare of just wishing that somebody, anybody would notice your book and help to start some buzz.

It is. I'm just glad I have a job for my source of income. You end up cherishing every sale that comes your way, while wondering whether they actually like your book (because of the lack of reviews). I'll be giving some free copies out eventually and see if it helps a bit.

I decided not to worry about it too much and plunge right back into the fun of writing. I have two on my plate right now, so that should keep me busy.

Okay, this has got to be performance art of some description.You just outed yourself darling! No one can be this stupid? (Of course they can.What am I thinking?)

I just started reading this guy Mike Miller that is going to be the next big thing. Honestly, I haven't been this excited....

Is this like Richard Rahl's "thing" in that other modern classic (the name of which momentarily escapes me)?

If you are getting excited, maybe your thing will rise too, just like Richard's did.

holy fuck, i forgot all about that thread. i think i owe you some lewd doggerel, mysh.

Yeah you dick, I gave you Poe and you went silent on me!

You guys are a bunch of a-holes that are jaundiced-eyed because HE'S AN ACTUAL AUTHOR. You all can just spew your venom in animus envy; I'll sleep fine at night, will you?.

My boy KurtR's back! Now you a-holes will see what truly intelligent conversation looks like. I would like to point out though that uploading a manuscript to Amazon does not make him (you) an "ACTUAL AUTHOR".

You guys are a bunch of a-holes that are jaundiced-eyed because HE'S AN ACTUAL AUTHOR. You all can just spew your venom in animus envy; I'll sleep fine at night, will you?.

It says he edited this post, but what did he edit? Could have been anything. Truly the man is a ninja.

My boy KurtR's back! Now you a-holes will see what truly intelligent conversation looks like. I would like to point out though that uploading a manuscript to Amazon does not make him (you) an "ACTUAL AUTHOR".

Technically it does. I mean, technically writing this post makes me an 'ACTUAL AUTHOR'. I wrote it. It's been published. QED.

Technically it does. I mean, technically writing this post makes me an 'ACTUAL AUTHOR'. I wrote it. It's been published. QED.

I'll quibble and point out that Myshkin said "uploading a manuscript", not "writing a manuscript". We don't know if Mike acutally wrote it.

I'll quibble and point out that Myshkin said "uploading a manuscript", not "writing a manuscript". We don't know if Mike acutally wrote it.

Yeah, so there! This guy knows how to converse intelligently.

Am I envious because he's an actual author? That's a pretty general thing. I have no idea if the books this guy's authored are something that would make me feel envy for not having written myself. I would tend to have a more generalized sense of envy towards authors as a whole, admittedly, but that's not much. I mean there are surely hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of people who qualify as published authors, so getting one share of my envy - not anywhere close to a controlling interest, see- isn't something to brag about.

Poor bastard, I almost feel sorry for him. :D

He couldn't have possibly chosen worse board to start such a thread, could he?

I'm active on a music forum filled mostly with guys in their 30s to 50s. Every now and then someone tries to spam a new CD and within minutes someone posts a video of Vikings chanting "spam spam spam". And then the real knives come out. Good times.

Archived