What if Dany isn't supposed to go to Westeros? What if its to revive the Valyrian Freehold

King Jon Targaryen I

Her being mostly in the lands of Essos and trying to build a power base there kinda makes me think that Dany is not meant to conquer westeros or bring this huge amount of destruction. I think her destiny is to revive the Valyrian Freehold if anything. I know we have this hope of Daenerys Targaryen taking her Dragons to westeros and kicking ass and takin names. Now if Dany survives this war with the Others could we end up seeing her go back to Valyria, also is it kinda odd that people for some reason disappear?

I've had a similar feeling too, seing how the war against the Iron Throne is starting once more from the hands of Dorne and Aegon, while Daenerys is nowhere to be found. She have had many oportunities to flee to Westeros and get the throne or go with her allies but she hasn't taken any of them.

I feel Dany is taking too much time and that thanks to this, others will do what she's supposed to do (or better said, but most of us want her to do)... it would be interesting that her end goal would change in something as what you say... I also hope that Victarion finds her soon. He would bring her ships and the Dragonbinder which would open to Dany a world of possibilities, both in power and on moving facilities.

I've been thinking a lot about this theory lately. I remember there was a point in AGOT when Drogo openly declared to his Kahlasar that he would sail across the Narrow Sea and conquer the Iron Throne for Dany.

But after Drogo's death and the dragons hatched she crossed the Red Waste and then went from Qarth to Slaver's Bay, close enough to the ruined Valyrian peninsula... but there is one thing that gets me about the theory. She's been in Mereen since ASOS and hasn't even touched the Free Cities yet. Let's hope she will do something about them soon.

Recent events got me thinking. Consider Quaithe's prophesy, "to go west you must go east." She conquered Slaver's Bay in ASOS but Aegon didn't land in westeros till ADWD. Is it possible that the prophesy didn't refer to Dany alone but was more generalized to mean all living Targs? And if that proves true, then with Aegon in the west and Dany in the east the Targaryens would be in control of the known civilized world.

As for Valyria, I have a feeling that the peninsula still being "radioactive (if that's the right word for it)" just might be tied to the former absence and now presence of dragons and Others (and Direwolves? Hmmm...). Maybe just the renewed presence of dragons in Essos.

No one has ventured to Valyria and lived to tell about it. How could she possibly re-found the Valyrian Freehold when she knows virtually nothing about it, can't go there, nor her followers follow her there? Simply preposterous!

...Also, GRRM has said we will not see any of Valyria. :)

No one has ventured to Valyria and lived to tell about it. How could she possibly re-found the Valyrian Freehold when she knows virtually nothing about it, can't go there, nor her followers follow her there? Simply preposterous!

Doesn't have to be in Valyria

Yes, I believe her destiny will be as queen somewhere in Essos. She will play a part in the war with the Others, but head back to "her people". I also don't think her dragons will make it out alive in the series.

I think the phrase, "dragons don't grow trees" is a foreshadowing of a choice Dany will have to make - either embrace the power of her dragons and use it on Westeros, or be a more nurturing mother to her new "children".

Yes, I believe her destiny will be as queen somewhere in Essos. She will play a part in the war with the Others, but head back to "her people". I also don't think her dragons will make it out alive in the series.

I think the phrase, "dragons don't grow trees" is a foreshadowing of a choice Dany will have to make - either embrace the power of her dragons and use it on Westeros, or be a more nurturing mother to her new "children".

I just imagined a dragon taking up gardening as a hobby. How cool would that be?

No one has ventured to Valyria and lived to tell about it.

Euron?

And who has specifically denied that anyone has ventured to Valyria and lived to tell about it?

Further from Doom, Demon Road has a bad reputation, and half the people who brave it don´t survive... but the other half do. Mantarys has a bad reputation as a city of monsters... but enough people survive in Mantarys to bear these monsters. And Daenerys´ ambassadors survive to be beheaded at Mantarys, as do the caravan who return the heads.

Exactly what is the problem with Demon Road? Do we hear accounts of people who survived Demon Road, saw Mantarys and witnessed the fate of their companions who did not survive?

And from Mantarys along the Valyrian road through Lands of Long Summer to Oros? Mantarys is at the North end and a live city. So what do the Mantarysi tell who have gone that road as far as anyone has come back from, and again witnessed the fate of their companions?

I didn't know this, that makes me sad x.x

No he didn't

Is there any chance we'll see Valyria?

Well.... there may be. Not a great chance, mind you. The question is, is it going to be a look at Valyria now, or Valyria in the past?

Euron?

And who has specifically denied that anyone has ventured to Valyria and lived to tell about it?

Euron claims to have been there, but he also tore out the tongues of all his crew so they could not dispute this.

No he didn't

Is there any chance we'll see Valyria?
Well.... there may be. Not a great chance, mind you. The question is, is it going to be a look at Valyria now, or Valyria in the past?

I stand corrected. Highly unlikely we see Valyria, not absolutely not. :)

Archived