LittleFinger's fate?

Seaworth'sShipmate

I hope he's lawfully executed by Bronze Yohn for the murder of Jon Arryn based on Sansa's confession.

Nah. Bronze Yohn may be noble and tough, but Littlefinger is too clever to be done in by him. I think it will have to be some sort of fascination with Sansa (his one identifiable weakness.) Im almost positive he will make more of a move on her sooner rather than later.

The "kiss" I think was just calculated for Lysa to see and freak out about, so LF could throw her out the Moondoor

I think that both Petyr and Varys would be the "hard to be seen dead soon" characters that are alive at the moment.

Both are extremely intelligent, manipulative, have contacts in the darkest corners and know pretty well what they're doing and how to play the game.

/I'm also a Petyr fan and he's a very interesting chacter so I hope I'm right /

Nah. Bronze Yohn may be noble and tough, but Littlefinger is too clever to be done in by him. I think it will have to be some sort of fascination with Sansa (his one identifiable weakness.) Im almost positive he will make more of a move on her sooner rather than later.

The "kiss" I think was just calculated for Lysa to see and freak out about, so LF could throw her out the Moondoor

Which is exactly why I want it to happen. LF being executed by Bronze Yohn (or anyone, really, as long as it's not just a power play) means that his schemes have been unravelled and that his cleverness or manipulation failed to extricate him. It means that he wasn't as clever as he though after all.

I find this unlikely as I doubt he wanted to risk Sansa's death, and also because it forces him to improvise re: Vale lords.

I find this unlikely as I doubt he wanted to risk Sansa's death, and also because it forces him to improvise re: Vale lords.

Personally, I think this is one of the few moments ( re Vale Lords) where the show did a superior job to the books. Lysa's death as a suicide seemed much more believable and compelling, than just some nobody singer shoved her down..

Personally, I think this is one of the few moments ( re Vale Lords) where the show did a superior job to the books. Lysa's death as a suicide seemed much more believable and compelling, than just some nobody singer shoved her down..

I quite liked that explanation as well. :cheers:

I'm still hoping for the strangler necklace so that Sansa can do it all herself and not need anyone to "save her" yet again.

It's not anyone saving her if she orchestrates the whole thing by revealing LF's secrets to the right person on purpose or manipulating other people into killing him. Poisoning him, on the other hand, requires little skill on her part, and while it'd be great to see him killed, its more satisfactory if he looses everything first.

Either he'll die trying to escape after his plans are shattered... or suicide after losing everything... or survive but lose everything... or simply escape to Essos...

I am 99% sure he won't be just traditionally executed, though.

As I've said in other threads like this, the best ending I see for him (if he is to die):

- Sansa uses what he taught her to unravel his plans and build loyalty around her.

- They are at some castle when she comes into the main hall, flanked by a group of lords and guards, ready to arrest him.

- Littlefinger realizes it is all over, turns and flees, running flat out through the corridors of the castle, knowing he has assets hidden in Essos if he can just get there.

- More guards appear in the corridors, forcing him to run up stairs and onto the battlements.

- Rushing along the wall, some guards appear in front of him, blocking the path.

- He turns around quickly, intending to backtrack, but slips off the edge... while Sansa and her guards rush up behind him.

- Realizing he was surrounded and out-played anyways, he fires off one last smile at Sansa before disappearing off the edge (this could also be a good moment for him to finally truly smile, as Sansa's first impression of him is that "He had grey-green eyes that did not smile when his mouth did.")

I personally suspect that eventually he'll just slip up somehow. The cloud of chaos he's generated, and so carefully stayed one step ahead of, will get too big and engulf him. He's going to be hit by something he'd forgotten about. Or Sansa will do him in somehow.

Or maybe GRRM will be a real douche and have him survive.

I personally suspect that eventually he'll just slip up somehow. The cloud of chaos he's generated, and so carefully stayed one step ahead of, will get too big and engulf him. He's going to be hit by something he'd forgotten about. Or Sansa will do him in somehow.

Or maybe GRRM will be a real douche and have him survive.

:agree:

I always thought he would just end up juggling too many plates and dropping some, or find that he can't handle the visibility that comes from being a Lord Paramount. Sansa's likely to play a major role in it, but I don't think she's going to do it by herself.

The reader should be rooting for LF shouldn't they? He started out with nothing and worked his way up to being the Lord of the Eyrie. 95% of the high lords care nothing for the small folk.

Neither does Littlefinger.

The reader should be rooting for LF shouldn't they? He started out with nothing and worked his way up to being the Lord of the Eyrie. 95% of the high lords care nothing for the small folk.

Respect /=/ Liking i think.

I think pretty much every reader can respect him to a certain degree just for how smart and cunning he is and how he got to the top. Certainly don't like him though.

He wants to sit the Iron Throne?

That's the issue. I don't he does, he knows he'd attract too much unwanted attention. And if he hadn't put that much of an effort in destroying the realm, he had a serious chance of becoming Hand of the King, which is the actual power position and one where his birth doesn't really matter.

Kind of. Being responsible for the deaths of thousands, if not more, tends to offset that, though.

As for the OP, he will die at the age of eighty, in the luxury bed that fits a man of his high ranking and position, with a glass of expensive wine on one hand and a woman's mouth around his cock. Bonus points if the woman is a redhead.

How will Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish die? By Sansa trying to seduce him near the moondoor and shoving him out it?

By stepping on one too many toes?

I have a very hard time visualizing just how he will die, or what his character arc will look like from here on out. Any ideas?

I think your first guess actually isnt a bad one, but i hope his arc will take him outside the vale...

Archived