Michael Brown shooting six

Summah

And THAT is racist how? He was fired in the past for racism related reasons, his language describing Brown in the transcript from the Grand Jury read as racist to me. I formed an opinion of him that he is racist but that is on the basis of his actions and statements not because he is white. And if you think you weren't saying anything about race you are fucking high as a kite.

ETA: Replying to TPTWP, trying to avoid quoting for Relics sake

There is no way to divorce this case from institutionalized racism of the criminal justice system, from the hundreds of extrajudicial killings of black men each year, most of which have no legal consequences, because "scary black man" is considered a valid reason to kill someone. Extrajudicial killings of black men are 21st century lynching and the criminal injustice system is the new Jim Crow.

And THAT is racist how? He was fired in the past for racism related reasons, his language describing Brown in the transcript from the Grand Jury read as racist to me. I formed an opinion of him that he is racist but that is on the basis of his actions and statements not because he is white. And if you think you weren't saying anything about race you are fucking high as a kite.

OK, it's on.... I didn't say it was racist, I said you were race baiting while calling others race baiters. Quote my post that you consider race baiting!

ETA: Replying to TPTWP, trying to avoid quoting for Relics sake

So if we form an opinion that Michael Brown wasn't an angel based on toxicology results and such we must be racist. I get it now.

It's funny how the people who have been engaging in race baiting either think there is no racial dynamic to this, or if there is one it is an anti-white one.

I have been looking at this case in the laws eyes only. Race shouldn't have anything to do with it. The ones bringing up race are the ones using race, emotions and their personal opinions instead of the facts of this case.

You both know you were race baiting, I know you were race baiting, Nestor fucking knows you were race baiting. I'm not wasting my time digging back through the disgusting shit that has been said over the 5 prior versions of this thread just to pander to your song and dance routine where you try hide it behind the thinnest veneer of deniability.

.... Yes, if there's racism involved, then race is a factor. You know, by definition.

Can I be frank? Republicans and fox news viewers LOVE being the victim. Theyre the victim in all this. They are always the victim, with Zimmerman, now with this, even during the birther debates they were the one being persecuted against. They are always the victim -_-.

Honestly I still can't get over that people think it okay for cops to shoot an unarmed person. If your cops can't handle one unarmed teenager than your cops are pathetic.

I can't get over that people think it's acceptable to attack and assault a police officer. Then call other people "racist" when they point that out.

You both know you were race baiting, I know you were race baiting, Nestor fucking knows you were race baiting. I'm not wasting my time digging back through the disgusting shit that has been said over the 5 prior versions of this thread just to pander to your song and dance routine where you try hide it behind the thinnest veneer of deniability.

No, you don't. You are just assuming that because others are making that claim. If you can prove I'm wrong then I will admit it. It shouldn't be that hard to do. I have less than 400 posts to check.

I just hope you know more about the judicial system than tptwp does, because he thinks the lack of an indictment means that no crime was committed.

That's exactly what it means. If he were suspected of a crime it would go to a criminal trial. You can try to spin that, I'll wait for that criminal trial

SYC - No you won't, because you won't acknowledge the race baiting as actually being race baiting. I'm not playing that game.

TPTWP - Perhaps some people think "arrested and charged with an appropriate crime" rather than "executed on the spot" is the appropriate outcome for that. The former still doesn't indicate that assaulting a police officer is acceptable.

I just hope you know more about the judicial system than tptwp does, because he thinks the lack of an indictment means that no crime was committed.

Just because a homicide has been committed doesn't mean a murder has been committed.

All murders are homicides but not all homicides are murders. In this case Brown's death was a homicide and not a murder and a Grand Jury said that this homicide was justified because as a sworn police officer he was justified to defend himself. Hence no charges against Wilson.

Honestly I still can't get over that people think it okay for cops to shoot an unarmed person. If your cops can't handle one unarmed teenager than your cops are pathetic.

so much this.

Tptwp and syc - regardless of what the law actually is, regardless of whether you believe that what Wilson did was legal - how do you feel about unarmed people being shot and killed by police?

I don't think anyone in any iteration of this thread has said that.

Your right because no one wants to talk about Michael Browns involvement. They'd rather push their hatred for the legal system or the police. Michael Brown could have changed this whole situation. But no one wants to admit or even contemplate that. Just so we're clear, I would say the same about a white kid who made the same decisions.

SYC and tptwp:

Direct yes or no answers please.

In your opinion, does a person deserve to be shot dead for being intoxicated?

In your opinion, does a person deserve to be shot dead for robbing a store?

In your opinion, does a person deserve to be shot dead for attacking a police officer, with no weapon?

For the record, my answer is no to each question.

Archived