Metal Thread Vol. VIII -- The Angry Red Planet

Xray the Enforcer

gwar may not be everybody's cup of tea. however, slipknot is awful. what do they have like 9 guys in the band? one of them just beats trashcans with a bat. i saw them live once and i just kept asking myself how does it take so many guys to sound that bad? if i were in slipknot i too would hide my identity by a mask. 

We shall agree to disagree. Slipknot put on one of the best live acts in the world in my opinion.
I've already accepted my musical opinion is far different to most in this thread though.

I'm a big fan of speed metal, but in small doses. My number one band is Tool but they aren't really metal. Check out Wizard Burial Ground by Umphreys McGee. Killer band and they are VERY diverse.

The Sword is awesome (check their album: Warp Riders) and of course Mastodon.

i love me some music fellas \mm/\mm/

Been collecting CDs for about a year and a half now and just thought "fuck it." So now I'm going to collect records too. Picked up Burzum's self-titled debut combined with the Aske EP, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, and Lost Horizons of Wisdom by Evilfeast. Damn, this stuff is expensive.

Yes. Only one track out so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fyhg0PZ87k

http://www.no-solace.com/mgla_eif_02.mp3

Youtube easier to use; mp3 has better sound quality.

Album will be out early fall.

Holy f*cking shit! (I'm sorry for the swear words.)

That's a blast.

Yes. Only one track out so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fyhg0PZ87k
http://www.no-solace.com/mgla_eif_02.mp3

Youtube easier to use; mp3 has better sound quality.

Album will be out early fall.

Yaaasss. That's gnarly

Holy fucking shit! (I'm sorry for the swear words.)

That's a blast.

If there is one thread where you should not apologize for foul language, it's the Metal Thread. Not just encouraged, actually required. (Edited your quote to meet standards)

If there is one thread where you should not apologize for foul language, it's the Metal Thread. Not just encouraged, actually required. (Edited your quote to meet standards)

Fuck Yeah !

<snip>

Thank you! <laughs>

:cheers:

As you are all not my FB friends I thought I would share my metal musings...

I have been becoming reacquainted with the work of early megadeth after not listening for a couple years. Mustaine's guitar work has a cynical and aggressive shout out for approval and recognition. . He knows he is truly gifted and hardworking but worries that only he will ever know it. Each riff is calling for attention and acknowledgment from whomever it was he was so hellbent on showing his prowess to. It was important to sneer into their faces and shred like a not-yet-man possessed. Each song has enough elements to make up easily triple the number of tracks. Every overwhelming solo is a seething 'fuck you' or a 'please love me'. Only he knew for certain when he was making the music. His vocal stylings are absolute anger, self doubt and desperation. Songs are sang from a place of one backed into a very dark corner but eager to come out fists flailing wildly and teeth gnashing to show everything and everyone he has ever believed to be against him that he is done taking shit. These early songs are the passion and alienation that so makes up the experience of a great many disenfranchised, confused, terrified, rebellious and marginalized youth of that day and the current.

I miss that Dave Mustaine.

I have been becoming reacquainted with the work of early megadeth after not listening for a couple years. Mustaine's guitar work has a cynical and aggressive shout out for approval and recognition. . He knows he is truly gifted and hardworking but worries that only he will ever know it. Each riff is calling for attention and acknowledgment from whomever it was he was so hellbent on showing his prowess to. It was important to sneer into their faces and shred like a not-yet-man possessed. Each song has enough elements to make up easily triple the number of tracks. Every overwhelming solo is a seething 'fuck you' or a 'please love me'. Only he knew for certain when he was making the music. His vocal stylings are absolute anger, self doubt and desperation. Songs are sang from a place of one backed into a very dark corner but eager to come out fists flailing wildly and teeth gnashing to show everything and everyone he has ever believed to be against him that he is done taking shit. These early songs are the passion and alienation that so makes up the experience of a great many disenfranchised, confused, terrified, rebellious and marginalized youth of that day and the current.

Love it.

I don't know. It seems no matter how much I try, I just can't get into Megadeth. Something's just not clicking.

Archived