The Boltons, ancient gods and Others?

OmnomnomPomelo

I don't know if anybody wrote this before or not (probably yes), but this just came in my mind.

If I remember well there were parts in TWOIAF about the North and Skagos which said that they killed their enemies by hanging them to the weirwoods through their entrails etc. so these were bloody executions. So probably this type of execution (blood) was a "gift" to the ancient gods. Also it seems that the Northmen don't hang their enemies, but make them bleed, e.g. Starks behead them, Skagosi eat them(?), Boltons flay them alive, which can be more bloody, also the Boltons' sigil is a flayed man with a background full of blood drops. Also they weren't named "Red Kings" for nothing.

After The Long Night the Others/wights didn't appear for thousands of years, also during that time there were less and less wars in the North and Westeros. But the wildling tribes were fighting each other until Mance united all of them and the Others appeared.

So what if blood (sacrifices) needed to the ancient gods and the Others themselves are the ancient gods?

They didn't get enough blood/death so they came for it. Also if I remember well Melisandre (or another red priest) said that the black goat of Qohor is the Great Other and the qohoric make blood sacrifices.

So can be that the Boltons are the most religious motherfuckers in the North and they just want to satisfy the ancient gods?

This is good, but the Old Gods are just greenseer consciences within weirwood trees.

So if there is a strong connection between White Walkers and Children, then I'd say almost certianly.

However, blood sacrifice was even done by Starks.

And there is a heap of death going on... wildlings continually fight each other, and you know, the giant War of Five Kings? I'd say it is something else tbh.

From the world book we also have a Royce "Redarm" Bolton and a Roger the Hunter.

Yes, wars like the 5 kings' are the things what make me doubt it too. In the past there were the Firstmen vs Children, Firstmen vs Andals, and then wars between the nations for thousands of years. And after Aegon's arrival there were so less wars and deaths. During that 300 years the biggest wars were:

-Aegon's conquer

-Maegor vs Faith Militant (maybe)

-Dance of dragons

-First Blackfyre rebellion

-War of Ninepenny Kings (maybe)

-Robert's rebellion

-War of the 5 kings

-and ofc the wildling tribes against each other

But I think these aren't so much comparing to the previous thousands of years.

Anyway, we'll see it in some years :D

Yes, wars like the 5 kings' are the things what make me doubt it too. In the past there were the Firstmen vs Children, Firstmen vs Andals, and then wars between the nations for thousands of years. And after Aegon's arrival there were so less wars and deaths. During that 300 years the biggest wars were:

-Aegon's conquer

-Maegor vs Faith Militant (maybe)

-Dance of dragons

-First Blackfyre rebellion

-War of Ninepenny Kings (maybe)

-Robert's rebellion

-War of the 5 kings

-and ofc the wildling tribes against each other

But I think these aren't so much comparing to the previous thousands of years.

Anyway, we'll see it in some years :D

Yup, sorry, but wars have pretty much been going on the second after the Others were defeatted.

I gladly await :D

Archived