Where the hell will Dany&co. land in Westeros?

OmnomnomPomelo

Casterly Rock. Its ludicrous to think she will sit in Dragonstone and wait for people to come to her when no one could turn up

Except circumnavigating the world is extremely risky, with no knowledge of the seas, stops to resupply, etc

and even Visenya knew the Lannisters would be protected from dragonflame in the bowles of CR

1. She will take Dragonstone.

2. Vale is the next target but Stannis is also in the game. The Vale Lords will be undecided between these two and even fAegon in the South.

3. Dany and Stannis will fight a naval combat. Dany will win (though Davos will probably kill Viserion during the battle).

4. Dany will land on the Vale.

5. Then, she will quickly expand into Riverlands by offering to bring dragon's justice to the Freys.

Sorry, I normally don't like to disagree with you regarding things, but I doubt #3 will happen before the second Dance. GRRM would likely save the best for last, a kind of building up with us rooting for the POV characters before we see them fight each other, and Stannis would likely not be anywhere near the Bite, but traveling by land to through the Neck.

I think the Freys will come after the second Dance as well.

Dragonstone: in addition to propangda purposes, it is a reasonably short distance from Cracklaw Point region, (historically Targ loyalists), Duskendale, (posessed by the Rykkers) who would most likely favor Targaryens over the current regime. Dany could easily make a few friends in the Crownlands, if Aegon doesn't get there first.

I think that Dany's followers will walk to Westeros across the once broken arm of Dorne...

In MMD's prophesy::

"When the Sun rises in the West & Sets in the East,

When the Sea goes dry and Mountains Blow in the wind like leaves,

When your womb quickens and you birth a living child.

Then he [Khal Drogo] will return to you and not before"

Dany & most reader interpret this to mean "Never", just like GRRM wants readers to think at this point... But this will all be fulfilled before the series concludes, because that is how GRRM Works...

Its a good question.

I had always thought it would be Dorne, but after what happened to Quentyn & the fact they may declare for Aegon, might not be the best place to go.

She could still go the Westerlands without sailing round the world, but she would probably have to side with Euron to do so.

The Vale could be a possibility. It has a intact army though, but if Littlefinger or Sansa (I'm hoping she will have taken over by that time) declares for her, could happen.

The other obvious one I suppose would be Dragonstone, would be poetic if her invasion started from there.

Quentyn got himself killed violated her guest right by trespassing. There are two sworn sword still in Dany's custody that can explain what happened there.

Sir Barristan already know they Greyjoys do not sow. He will be the first to protest an alliance, only way Euron will get pass him is if he kills him and those around him.

The Vale maybe but remember Sansa is the daughter of a "usurping dog." If declare herself a Stark to Dany, she might become a "hot dog"

Maybe she will land in the Iron Irons... chained up in the hull of Victarion's ship?

Or maybe the winter will come on so strong that she will steer a northwards course so the Dothraki can ride across the frozen water?

Otherwise, Dragonstone.

Landing anywhere North will be bad idea for her. It too cold for her, hell it's too for northerners and they live there. Her desert forged army will drop like flies if she goes north now.

1. She will take Dragonstone.

2. Vale is the next target but Stannis is also in the game. The Vale Lords will be undecided between these two and even fAegon in the South.

3. Dany and Stannis will fight a naval combat. Dany will win (though Davos will probably kill Viserion during the battle).

4. Dany will land on the Vale.

5. Then, she will quickly expand into Riverlands by offering to bring dragon's justice to the Freys.

3&5 i have a problem with.

3 I have serious doubt that Davos has any skills capable of slaying a dragon on the water unless he has harpoon gun and great aim.

5 Justice for what? I mean yeah they participate RR but you make it seem justice will done for the Red Wedding, Everyone Slaughtering each makes Dany's job easier.

If I were her I would land in King’s Landing. Conquer or sack the place. That will bring the 7 kingdoms out of balance and in chaos. That will make the conquering easier.

Aegon is less than a day's ride from to KL from where they from where they are at. Aegon will have probably took the castle by then.

There is no real claim. Anyone decended from a king has a real claim - how strong it is depends on how much support you get.

As for Dany landing, I think the wall at this point, but an outside chance it's dragon stone. I don't think there's enough time for a campaign to take westeros to happen so she will probably go straight north as soon as she finds out what's going on up there.

True, That is why Aegon came to the realm to conquer.

Casterly Rock. Its ludicrous to think she will sit in Dragonstone and wait for people to come to her when no one could turn up

That might a good idea. In one fell swoop she could crush the back bone and heart of the Lannisters forever.

The secret is she never does :devil:

Seriously though, the three most likely locations are:

-Dragonstone, her ancestral seat & the key to king's landing. Would be the perfect spot for a small, but elite force of 5-20k. Bonus points for proper dragon cages, and potentially putting her at odds(in contact) with Jon/Stannis's forces over dragon glass.

-The North/Wall: The true threat is the others, which she will be informed of thanks to a certain eccentric maister. Whether she lands at Eastwatch or White Harbor is mostly dependent on how bad ***** gets before she arrives.

-Maidenpool/Saltpans/Entrance to the trident: The trident appears to be (via Dany's visions) once more the spot for a massive battle. Dany might land there to cut straight into Westeros's center. This will likely lead to her arriving just in time to turn the tables on a battle(posibly thee battle if the others cut straight through the north).

Honorable mention: Casterly Rock. I absolutely love the sail east to go west theory, but I recall GRRM saying characters won't go any more East. Not to mention the more updated maps seem to make that journey, possibly, but very difficult(as in easier to go west). :(

Why is everyone so convinced it will be Dragonstone? What is the political advantage? I know it's her 'home', but why would she be so sentimental? This is war. I will be gravely dissapointed in Dany if her only reason to land first on Dragonstone is because it was her home. I expect more from Dany.

Of course if she has a good reason to land on dragonstone I will support it.

As I've mentioned before, I think she will land in KL. If she conquers or sacks the place, the 7 kingdoms will break apart, be enswayed in chaos and it will be easier to conquer them.

Or perhaps Dorne, to get support from the Dornish.

Except circumnavigating the world is extremely risky, with no knowledge of the seas, stops to resupply, etc

and even Visenya knew the Lannisters would be protected from dragonflame in the bowles of CR

All that said, still Casterly Rock. No allies and she is trapped on Dragonstone. And if Tyrion takes Casterley Rock by using the sewers Dany can lay waste to Lannisport.

I think that Dany's followers will walk to Westeros across the once broken arm of Dorne...

In MMD's prophesy::

"When the Sun rises in the West & Sets in the East,

When the Sea goes dry and Mountains Blow in the wind like leaves,

When your womb quickens and you birth a living child.

Then he [Khal Drogo] will return to you and not before"

Dany & most reader interpret this to mean "Never", just like GRRM wants readers to think at this point... But this will all be fulfilled before the series concludes, because that is how GRRM Works...

I think we don't have to take this prophecy literally, Martin likes to use hidden things, some kinds of metaphors.

I can imagine that prophecy is:

-the Sun: Quentyn. Came from West, died at East.

-the Sea: Dothraki Sea.Drogon burns it and the Dothraki has to find new home so they'll follow Dany.

-the Mountains: Pyramids of Slavers-bay. Dany will destroy the pyramids before she goes away, thus destroying one of the symbols of slavery. Or if not the pyramids then either the 3 forts like Kayakayanaya (IMO this would be a shame) or the Wall collapses.

-the rest: Dany will be pregnant by either Daario or Victarion (she loves Daario and Victarion is a barbarian guy like Drogo was). And then Dany dies during childbirth and can be with Drogo in the afterlife.

Why is everyone so convinced it will be Dragonstone? What is the political advantage? I know it's her 'home', but why would she be so sentimental? This is war. I will be gravely dissapointed in Dany if her only reason to land first on Dragonstone is because it was her home. I expect more from Dany.

Of course if she has a good reason to land on dragonstone I will support it.

As I've mentioned before, I think she will land in KL. If she conquers or sacks the place, the 7 kingdoms will break apart, be enswayed in chaos and it will be easier to conquer them.

Or perhaps Dorne, to get support from the Dornish.

Except this ignores the fact that by the time she gets to Westeros, the Kingdoms will already BE broken apart by civil war, with Aegon in the South, Stannis in the North, Euron wherever he is by then, and Cersei clinging to some form of power no matter what path it leads her down. Littlefinger will also have made some kind of Sansa move by then.

Conquering KL in such circumstances accomplishes pretty much nothing, and is very costly to do in terms of lives that would be lost. It would, frankly be very stupid, strategically.

If she has any more than one opponent left by the time she gets there, she will have to take them out one at a time or win friendships.

Sorry, I normally don't like to disagree with you regarding things, but I doubt #3 will happen before the second Dance. GRRM would likely save the best for last, a kind of building up with us rooting for the POV characters before we see them fight each other, and Stannis would likely not be anywhere near the Bite, but traveling by land to through the Neck.

I think the Freys will come after the second Dance as well.

I think a longer foreplay and a shorter Second Dance might be a real possibility. Both fAegon and Dany might need more time to consolidate their support before engaging with each other. fAegon might have to fight some defiant Dornish/Stormlander and Reach Lords in the process. Similarly, Dany might be forced to fight some wars in the Vale and Riverlands before she gets their support decisively.

Boltons and Freys in the North are not for long in this world. After them, Stannis will have the North completely. At this point, I don't think he will look North instead of South. Yes, he says that his enemy is in the North but still we see him taking out the Boltons first instead of waiting at the Wall. Mel preaches that the Realm must unite behind the true king before the final battle comes. Considering the turmoil in the South, Stannis might think that he has a much higher chance to get the support of the Vale and Riverlands. In this, a clash between him and Dany is unavoidable.

All that said, still Casterly Rock. No allies and she is trapped on Dragonstone. And if Tyrion takes Casterley Rock by using the sewers Dany can lay waste to Lannisport.

Trapped on Dragonstone? She has no allies in the Westerlands either, and neither does Tyrion. It is smarter to start near the Crownlands filled with former Targaryen supporters like the clans of Cracklaw Point and the Rygers of Duskendale who owe their seat to her family. There is also the Vale.

I think a longer foreplay and a shorter Second Dance might be a real possibility. Both fAegon and Dany might need more time to consolidate their support before engaging with each other. fAegon might have to fight some defiant Dornish/Stormlander and Reach Lords in the process. Similarly, Dany might be forced to fight some wars in the Vale and Riverlands before she gets their support decisively.

Boltons and Freys in the North are not for long in this world. After them, Stannis will have the North completely. At this point, I don't think he will look North instead of South. Yes, he says that his enemy is in the North but still we see him taking out the Boltons first instead of waiting at the Wall. Mel preaches that the Realm must unite behind the true king before the final battle comes. Considering the turmoil in the South, Stannis might think that he has a much higher chance to get the support of the Vale and Riverlands. In this, a clash between him and Dany is unavoidable.

Stannis needed to go south to get rid of the Boltons as you dont want an enemy to come from the back, when you are trying to focus on the WW. Plus reuniting the North helps give the Wall a much bigger boost. It does seem a bit rushed to have DoD 2.0 and then Battle of Dawn. But that is GRRM intention. But kinda agree what is Stannis going to do supposedly for the whole of WOW just twindle his thumbs waiting for the WW, so he may venture a little more South perhaps but who knows

Trapped on Dragonstone? She has no allies in the Westerlands either, and neither does Tyrion. It is smarter to start near the Crownlands filled with former Targaryen supporters like the clans of Cracklaw Point and the Rygers of Duskendale who owe their seat to her family. There is also the Vale.

The so called former Targ supporters have hardly any strength if you can even call it that, those who have not submitted to the Crown, are still supporting Stannis with the very few men they have available. Plus they dont really owe her. DS is a possibility where is may land to have a good springboard to assault KL. However Dany is not going to have suddenly lords flocking over to her just because they are 'former' Targ supporters, the only ones that would have done that were the Dornish, other than that she has got to conquer to win allies

Dragonstone. Aegon will come to her and that will be the end of it. There will be no large scale war involving multiple regions. If that was the case, then we would be looking at a ten book series.

The so called former Targ supporters have hardly any strength if you can even call it that, those who have not submitted to the Crown, are still supporting Stannis with the very few men they have available. Plus they dont really owe her. DS is a possibility where is may land to have a good springboard to assault KL. However Dany is not going to have suddenly lords flocking over to her just because they are 'former' Targ supporters, the only ones that would have done that were the Dornish, other than that she has got to conquer to win allies

You got to start somewhere, and starting where you would get the best reception is a good place to start. The Rygers owe her family for their seat much like the Manderlys are to the Starks for theirs. The Vale is also close by, and they haven't declared for anyone. You think the former Targaryen supporters wouldn't be paying any attention whatsoever to her dragons?

If she takes Casterly Rock she makes allies by force and she isn't trapped by possible hostile armies on all sides. Aegon had no allies when he turned up either, he had sellswords and a banished knight but I don't think anyone believes he wont use the Stormlands forces. The Crownlands are tiny in comparison to other parts of Westeros, they are basically Stormlands leftovers and Stannis has already been using the Dragonstone allied forces so they aren't at full power. The Vale is not a guarantee, in fact I think its very unlikely. Sansa is about to come to power in some way in the Vale, why would she ally with the daughter of the Mad King who killed her grandfather and uncle, and the sister of Rhaegar who kidnapped and raped her aunt? And how does Dany plan on winning over the 'Usurper's dogs'? The Vale Lords kicked out her family, remember?

If she takes Casterly Rock she makes allies by force and she isn't trapped by possible hostile armies on all sides. Aegon had no allies when he turned up either, he had sellswords and a banished knight but I don't think anyone believes he wont use the Stormlands forces. The Crownlands are tiny in comparison to other parts of Westeros, they are basically Stormlands leftovers and Stannis has already been using the Dragonstone allied forces so they aren't at full power. The Vale is not a guarantee, in fact I think its very unlikely. Sansa is about to come to power in some way in the Vale, why would she ally with the daughter of the Mad King who killed her grandfather and uncle, and the sister of Rhaegar who kidnapped and raped her aunt? And how does Dany plan on winning over the 'Usurper's dogs'? The Vale Lords kicked out her family, remember?

Except she would have to take CR in the first place, and the dragonflames wouldn't be able to penetrate into the bowels. Aegon had a number of things Dany didn't have: he had a few lords such as the Masseys, who allied with him, his dragons were trained and older, bigger, more experienced veterans than Dany's, and he had a plan that he had been working on for years.

I don't see anything pointing to Sansa taking power in the Vale. How would she do that given she would have to kill LF, and there is the can of worms from that such as her supposed ties to Joffrey's death and some would suspect she had Lysa killed given she was there when it happened. Do you really think anyone would say no with dragons to their faces? Also, all you just described about Aerys killing Rickard and Brandon happened before Sansa was even born, and by the time she was her family had already been avenged. She doesn't spend time on it at all. Also, Dany clearly isn't mad, and both her and Sansa are victims of abuse.

Dragons are good recruiting tools. The Vale lords were loyal to Robert not House Baratheon, and Dany can offer Bronze Yohn, who would like more powerful backing to deal with LF, Robert to be fostered at Runestone and justice for Robar's death. Even Dunk in TMK thinks the lords and smallfolk would flock to whoever had the dragon. The lords of the Vale were loyal to House Targaryen only until recently, and even that was a generation ago, and the lords have little love for the Lannisters, especially with the RW.

Archived