[Book Spoilers] What S5 scene are you most looking forward to?

EddardsHead

Huh, if you mean a scene with all of them appearing and interacting with each other, why do you think it's 'likely not happening'? They're now all at the same place and meet/met/will meet each other, and it's interactions like these, I'm really looking forward to!

(E.g. a la this: http://cj-ludd18.deviantart.com/art/snow-v-baratheon-ROUND-1-spoilers-for-adwd-308640001)

I try to keep my expectations low. People feel loss twice as much as they feel gain, so if I tell myself 'I want to see this' and it doesn't happen, I'll be unhappier than I'll be happy if I don't have strong expectations and I get something in the vein of what I want. There will be likely some interaction, sure, but what specifically...?

The ship insurance man will be in too.

You know , having a bank in an epic fantasy really amused me, since I had never seen one before, but people here noted there it had happened.

But an insurance man! If someone knows a fantasy , like George's , with an insurance agent, I will be cow kicked!

Sword and Sorcery fantasy is not my long suit, but I do like LTOR and George's epic, the show got me to read it. Adult and off center, that's good!

I am a science fiction reader, but I do like the 'Unknown' kind of fiction made famous by the magazine of the 1940's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_(magazine)

I think this would be known as Twilight Zone fantasy these days.

Loved L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt's style of fantasy, but also Theodore Sturgeon,Fritz Leiber, Robert Bloch , well a raft of SF writers wrote for Campbell's Unknown.

The form has survived , but I sure see a lot of 'pedestrian' fantasy on bookshelves these days , even if there are some gems in there.

The dragons!

Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion are nobodies sweethearts!

Their appearance keeps changing some, they kind of 'fill out' some more each year.

Man! Going into season 5 and still only Drogon is named, what's with that?

One thing I wonder, is Rhaegal and Viserion have to get Loose this next season... and I wonder,

if we don't have Quentyn how does that happen?

Son's of the Harpy think they can take advantage?

Some slaver Mucky Muck who's name has a lot of z's and q's in it tries to steal them?

Someone is gonna get cauterized next season trying to make off with zaldrīzes.

Zaldrīzes buzdari iksos daor."

@boojam: Terry Pratchett's Discworld, obviously. Max Gladstone for demonic lawyers, if you prefer them.

Also, IRL, insurance was developed in Ancient Rome, and banks as we know them in Renaissance Italy. Believe it or not, but they were actually charitable institutions, called 'mounts of piety'. That's why the oldest bank still in continued existence is the Monte dei Paschi di Siena (est. 1472). So, why not go for historical fiction?

@boojam: Terry Pratchett's Discworld, obviously. Max Gladstone for demonic lawyers, if you prefer them.

Also, IRL, insurance was developed in Ancient Rome, and banks as we know them in Renaissance Italy. Believe it or not, but they were actually charitable institutions, called 'mounts of piety'. That's why the oldest bank still in continued existence is the Monte dei Paschi di Siena (est. 1472). So, why not go for historical fiction?

Yeah I knew about ancient Rome, figures.

Moments from the book:

1. Daznak's. Any day with dragons is a good day.

2. The Walk. One of the most satisfying and yet unsettling things I've ever read.

3. For the Watch, if only to see the internet explode afterwards.

4. Anything with Arya.

5. Theon finally 're-growing a pair', so to speak, and deciding to ditch Ramsay.

6. Melisandre looking into the fires, asking to see Azor Ahai, but only seeing snow.

Moments that we know will be show only:

1. Arya vs. Trant. Yes, today!

2. Jaime in Dorne. Should be awesome and definitely more interesting than Jaime in the Riverlands.

3. The return of Tom Wlaschiha :bowdown:

1. Cersei Lannisters walk of shame- I know Lena Headey is going to slaughter this scene...#Emmys2015

2. Daznaks Pit- I love Dragons and I love Daenerys. This scene is going to be so badass.

3. Jon getting stabbed. I fucking hate Jon.

Balon Greyjoy falling off the bridge. So frustrated that they omitted that in season 4. Not even a reference.

Lady Stoneheart (if she will make an appearance but I'm 99% sure she is not).

Jon Snow elected Lord Commander of the Nights' Watch.

With these events, book 3 content can finally be complete. I tried to make a thread discussing how Book 3 material is in 4 seasons! A little bit in Season 2, half of it in Season 3, the other half in Season 4 and a tiny bit for Season 5.

I'm looking forward to lots of scenes where I don't know what the heck is about to happen. It's going to be fun to be in the dark for a lot of it - OK, yes, I've read the source material, but just how they're going to handle it is very much up in the air. I'm not even convinced that the battles of fire and ice are necessarily going to happen in the books, let alone what the show will do.

I'm really curious about how self-aware and/or sympathetic they're going to make Cersei.

Seeing Sam grow, although the show is already doing this much faster than the book did. But I have absolutely no idea just what they're going to do with Sam.

Watching Jon and Stannis interact.

Edd fetching a block, of course.

Getting inside Melisandre's head more, although maybe her scene last year with Selyse has already served that purpose.

Getting some hints from Tyrion, Varys, and Ilyrio of whatever their game is. Actually, just what is the deal with Illyrio this season? Is Roger Allam coming back?

Oh, and also I'm looking forward to whether or not the Dorne scenes will give me a "No, seriously, what? This is a joke, right?!" moment to possibly match the book stuff about that guy who's of the night. Darksparkle, right?

I hope that, once the season is over, some enterprising fan or two makes a short where there is a Darkstar, in full goth regalia, added to a Dorne scene, he says 'I am of the night', everyone just sort of looks at him, and Doran, slightly sheepishly, explains to Jaime, "We... don't talk much about him." And then, everyone tries to pretend to forget what just happened.

I'm interested to see how they pace all of the Wall stuff. We have Jon being elected to LC, sending Sam, Aemon, and Gilly off, baby swapping, letting Wildlings in, "burning" fake Mance, Stannis stuff, Hardhome/Tormund, Alys, and stabbing. I wonder if the stabbing will be in season 6? There is a lot going on up there, when you combine Jon and Sam's POV. I enjoyed Sam's story, so I have a feeling that will be explored, and he will definately get to Oldtown. I think being a Dorne heavy season, they have to introduce Alleras/Sarella. I think it would be a good time to introduce more info about TPTWP through Aemon, which would cut in nicely with Dany's stuff, from an editing standpoint.

Oh, there's so much I wan't to see in season 5...

Kings moot

Tyrion travel with the Griffs

Jons stabbing

Val getting Toramund and befriends Ghost, or just anything with Val

Melisandre burns Mance

The walk of shame

Quentin tries to tame the dragons + Missandeis care for him after

Tyrion and Jorah as slaves

Victarions battle in the Reach and the "party" afterwards at the Glovers

Fake Arya and Theon

Arya in the room with all the faces, when she hides needle and wargs Nymeria

Mercy

Arianne and Doran "communicate"

Randyll Tarly and Brienne

Sam in old town and the death of Aemon

I know the show probably won't even show a quarter of the scenes above...

- Jon and Mel interractions.

- Theon's confession and escape.

- The Walk.

- Daznak !

- Lord Commander of the NW election.

- Battle of Ice.

- For the Watch.

- Tyrion meets Jorah.

- "Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood."

- The Silence turning up in episode 4, as a huge surprise to us all and Euron portrayed by, at the general astonishment of the crowds, by Mads !

- Stannis meets Yara.

- Wildlings crossing the Wall.

- Val.

Archived