Michael Brown Shooting: The Aftermath of the Grand Jury Decision

Tywin Manderly

Wilson supporters distinguishing themselves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYFWmXw7EHs

Here's the Darren Wilson video. A little aggressive and he's lying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wAkbovfTeA&index=1&list=PLleuMlv8gA7SgvDUGS9h3vcxuF92-Wdu0

I've seen a bunch of posts about this video of Wilson but tonight is the first time I really had time to watch it. Tough to tell anything from a 16 second video. I've seen much more aggressive behavior by police in episodes of Cops :)

I've seen a bunch of posts about this video if Wilson but tonight is the first time I really had time to watch it. Tough to tell anything from a 16 second video. I've seen much more aggressive behavior by police in episodes of Cops :)

Fair enough. It serves to show him in action as opposed to the P.R. of an interview.

Interesting tidbit about Wilson in this Larry O'Donnell piece...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYOYpWMakZ8

At about 40 seconds into the video O'Donnell states that Wilson's first job as a police officer was in Jennings Missouri. He held that job for two years before the department was disbanded. The Washington Post reported that this was "a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it...New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch."

So this is where Wilson received his formative training.

Interesting tidbit about Wilson in this Larry O'Donnell piece on Wilson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYOYpWMakZ8

At about 40 seconds into the video O'Donnell states that Wilson's first job as a police officer was in Jennings Missouri. He held that job for two years before the department was disbanded. The Washington Post reported that this was "a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it...New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch."

So this is where Wilson received his formative training.

I brought up that specific point, as well as the video above, when one of the troll brigade was rattling on about how Wilson had previously had a sterling record. As with everything else, the troll in question just ignored anything that ruptures his view of events.

That is the way to do it!!

At the time, I was responding to a few people. I'll be more hasty next time to address you sir. It's Ezra Klein BTW. And I cited that to show he's a joke.

@tptwp

See this is one of the reasons why people can't take you seriously. Klein is an award winning journalist and your "citation" was a collection of Twitter posts. Additionally your "citations" are usually tinfoil conspiracy sites, Infowars, etc. Thats what's an absolute joke.

If wilson's actions were justified:
-why didn't he file an incident report right away?
-why did they leave Mike Brown's body in the street for four hours?
-why was wilson then provided with a swift escape by the media and the police dept?
-why did the police dept wait for so long before releasing his name?
-why did it take him 3 months to come up with a story?

I've read the transcripts and everything about this case would be cartoonish if it wasn't so tragic.. From the medical examiner not taking pictures because his camera was "out of battery" to wilson's description of Brown turning into some kind of weredemon.

As for the alleged looting and burning, we all know by now that most of it is caused by outsiders or white anarchists but even if it wasn't and it's a direct action from Black rioters, I hope they burn their way down to washington.

Burn the whole god forsaken place down and rebuild this piece of shit of a country from the ground up.

There is one piece of forensics that has been barely discussed that's rather interesting:

Wilson claims that his gun was holstered, and that Brown reached for it. He specifically said he reached with his right arm towards the gun. But the gun was on Wilson's right hip. This is not logical, nor is it physically easy to do. I mean, try for yourself. It's a really awkward motion.

Which makes me think Wilson drew his gun earlier then he indicated. This is a small detail of course, but it may shed some light on the nature of the encounter.

It is very logical - Michael Brown was right handed, a person would be more likely to take action with his dominant hand than trying to use his weak hand.

It is very logical - Michael Brown was right handed, a person would be more likely to take action with his dominant hand than trying to use his weak hand.

So Brown's leaning into the window, right hand struggling with Wilson and the gun, and his left hand... swings through or over the scuffle and hits Wilson on the jaw?

So Brown's leaning into the window, right hand struggling with Wilson and the gun, and his left hand... swings through or over the scuffle and hits Wilson on the jaw?

Looks kind of hard to actually really hurt someone by punching into a car. Not sure a big guy is going to be able to get enough room to move for good leverage.

Re: Ned Snow

Can't speak for everyone commenting, but the fact that the Grand Jury can only consider the facts brought before them was indeed one of the reasons why I think due process was not followed, in that I am fairly convinced the prosecutor sandbagged the indictment on purpose. Since there is no cross examination, when the prosecutor acted like an advocate for Wilson, of course there would be no indictment. The Grand Jury isn't necessarily racist, although it is possible a few of the members are, but the larger impact is an unethical prosecutor presenting a biased case.

Interesting story of how experts think the situation could have been de-escalated.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/us/ferguson-experts-weigh-darren-wilsons-decisions-leading-to-fatal-shooting-of-michael-brown.html

"Its a whole different ballgame, said Fred Bealefeld, who was a Baltimore police officer for 31 years and police commissioner from 2007 to 2012. If someone is trying to disarm a police officer or grab their weapon, thats a felony. If someone grabs your weapon, as a cop youre not thinking they are going to scare you with it. In my mind, every time someone tried to grab my gun in the street, they were going to try to kill me. That encounter changes everything."

A good follow up would have been to ask him how many times he discharged his weapon in those situations?

Most cops don't shoot their weapons. There are times when shooting someone is necessary. Those are few and far between. People like Wilson are just incompetent.

If Wilson had shot and killed Brown while the struggle was taking place at the vehicle, I would have a lot more sympathy for Wilson's actions. But by the time Wilson was actively shooting at Brown, Brown was already over 35 feet away from Wilson.

Which reminds me:

Does anyone recall what the forensics reports say about Brown being shot at from the back? The fatal shot was fired to his face, but what about the other shots? Were some of them fired while Brown was facing away?

Wilson may or may not have shot at Brown as he was running away, but if he did none of those hit him. All the 6-7 shots enter in the front, except the final (or penultimate, although it doesn't make much sense that way) and fatal one which entered through the top of his head. The last two shots were both in the head, one in the face and the other through the top of the head, so. Brown was falling when the last shot hit him or he could have been charging as Wilson claims, however I have difficulty believing someone shot so many times would be physically capable of charging, except in the racist world of bulletproof, hulk-like, big, scary, black, demon men.

If Wilson had shot and killed Brown while the struggle was taking place at the vehicle, I would have a lot more sympathy for Wilson's actions. But by the time Wilson was actively shooting at Brown, Brown was already over 35 feet away from Wilson.

Which reminds me:

Does anyone recall what the forensics reports say about Brown being shot at from the back? The fatal shot was fired to his face, but what about the other shots? Were some of them fired while Brown was facing away?

Brown was never shot in the back per forensic evidence. NPR has compiled and analyzed the most crucial bits of evidences, both testimonials and physicals, link from last thread.

Which reminds me:

The autopsy shows all the shots entered from the front.

however I have difficulty believing someone shot so many times would be physically capable of charging, except in the racist world of bulletproof, hulk-like, big, scary, black, demon men.

I don't. The first is anecdote since I can't provide proof via links. I used to work out with a man who had been shot 7 times across the neck and right shoulder with 7.62mm rounds and returned fire with the same arm. He retains use of his arm - he's strong as an ox - yet has effectively no trapezius muscle remaining.

Quickly found examples from the news:

Springfield, MA

New Orleans - drove home.

So the " racist world of bulletproof, hulk-like, big, scary, black, demon men" being able to charge or retain use of their facilities has a lot more to do with where someone is shot than the color of the skin. The ability to - supposedly - do what is reported would be less Superman and more specific to where he was hit.

Archived