Most Despicable Act in the Series

SeanF

TWOIAF (and the series generally) depicts some truly disgusting acts. If you had to single out the one most despicable of them all, which would you choose?

For me, I think it would be throwing 10 year old Jaehyra onto iron spikes, leaving her to die in agony. That thirty minutes must have felt like an eternity,

I haven' read twoiaf yet, could you please explain the fire and cheese incident?

"Fire and cheese" :lol:

Blood and cheese was an incident during the Dance of Dragons. After Rhaenyra Targaryen's (one of the claimants of the Iron Throne) son Prince Lucerys was killed by supporters of Aegon II Targaryen (the rival claimant), her husband Daemon (Lucery's stepfather) swore revenge - "a son for a son" .

So he hired two criminals called "Blood and Cheese" to infiltrate the Red Keep, where they ambushed Aegon's wife and two young sons. They told her they were there to "collect a debt," and asked which son she wanted to lose. Forced to choose, the poor woman chose to keep the eldest one. But then they killed him and left her with the younger son instead, just to fuck with her more. This all happened with Aegon's mother Queen Alicent tied up on the bed as well

Could you explain this? I'm out of town without my book and I'm morbidly curious

the whole part about her death from TWOIAF

The last living offspring of Aegon II, Jaehaera Targaryen was eight when she wed her cousin Aegon III, and ten when she threw herself from Maegor’s Holdfast to the spikes of the dry moat below. She lived on for half an hour, in agony, before she died.

Yet some question the manner of her death. Was it truly by her own hand? Some whispered that she was murdered, and many suspects were named. Among them was Ser Mervyn Flowers of the Kingsguard, the bastard brother of Lord Unwin Peake, who had been at her door when she died. Yet even Mushroom thinks it unlikely that Flowers was the kind of man to push his charge—a child—to such an ugly death. He suggests a different possibility: that Flowers did not kill her but stepped aside to let someone else do the deed—someone like the unscrupulous Free Cities sellsword Tessario the Tiger, whom Lord Unwin had brought into his service.

Though we will never know the truth of the events that day, it now seems likely that Jaehaera’s death was somehow instigated by Lord Peake.

Archived