Most Despicable Act in the Series

SeanF

"Fire and cheese" :lol:

Blood and cheese was an incident during the Dance of Dragons. After Rhaenyra Targaryen's (one of the claimants of the Iron Throne) son Prince Lucerys was killed by supporters of Aegon II Targaryen (the rival claimant), her husband Daemon (Lucery's stepfather) swore revenge - "a son for a son" .

So he hired two criminals called "Blood and Cheese" to infiltrate the Red Keep, where they ambushed Aegon's wife and two young sons. They told her they were there to "collect a debt," and asked which son she wanted to lose. Forced to choose, the poor woman chose to keep the eldest one. But then they killed him and left her with the younger son instead, just to fuck with her more. This all happened with Aegon's mother Queen Alicent tied up on the bed as well

Blood and cheese than it is. From time to time I think Martin gives ideas for a wicked thriller or even worse...

The following seemed to be more an act of revenge than actual “punishment.” However, it was still disturbing nonetheless. King Aerys II had Lady Serala’s tongue and reproductive system ripped out before burning her alive. I can see wanting to remove someone’s tongue (see Ilyn Payne), although I have reservations about it. But forcefully discarding a woman’s genitals? That’s just cold.

The following seemed to be more an act of revenge than actual “punishment.” However, it was still disturbing nonetheless. King Aerys II had Lady Serala’s tongue and reproductive system ripped out before burning her alive. I can see wanting to remove someone’s tongue (see Ilyn Payne), although I have reservations about it. But forcefully discarding a woman’s genitals? That’s just cold.

Is it as cold as castrating? Just asking :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Valyrian attack on the Rhoynar with 300 dragons.

How is that worse than anything else? It was war and Prince Garin's army may very well have sacked Volantis. It was a sound tactical strategy from the Freehold. The despicable part wasn't attacking the Rhoynar with 300 dragons, it was destroying their civilization and enslaving any Rhoynar they could find.

By a wiiiiiide margin the most despicable act is slavery. Yes all of it.

My personal second is Tysha's rape and all that went with it, I sometimes almost feel sympathy for Tywin knowing what he did go through and then I remember this and yeah fuck you you got of easy. May your legacy to be known as Lord Shittypants and live in memory as everyone laughs at you. Forever.

Honorable mention to Aerys' trial by fire.

How is that worse than anything else? It was war and Prince Garin's army may very well have sacked Volantis. It was a sound tactical strategy from the Freehold. The despicable part wasn't attacking the Rhoynar with 300 dragons, it was destroying their civilization and enslaving any Rhoynar they could find.

May very well have sacked? That was an equivalent of using A bombs on an entire nation. And yes, I am talking about the whole war, aftermath included. Just didn't think I had to explain it in detail since we all know how it progressed and ended. And, as a bonus, the world got Garin's curse - greyscale.

May very well have sacked? That was an equivalent of using A bombs on an entire nation. And yes, I am talking about the whole war, aftermath included. Just didn't think I had to explain it in detail since we all know how it progressed and ended. And, as a bonus, the world got Garin's curse - greyscale.

As opposed to all regular war and conquest? The difference to me seems to be more in scale then anything else. Come right down to it if you think in "total war" terms even a civilian is a military target because they are the economy that supplies your enemy and beating one solider is no good if you must beat his brother tomorrow. And the Rhoynar were essentially the most credible challenged faced by Valyria what with having magic of their own.

Sure Valyria could have changed their policies and ceased expanding, but so could every other such nation ever. I'm not saying I agree with wars of conquest and expansion versus getting along, but I don't know they deserve extra chastisement for being better at it then everyone else.

Haven't gone through the whole thread, but any mentions for the Rains of Castamere? I mean from what I remember Tywin drowned a whole load of innocents along with the Reynes. Sure, plenty more people died, say, in the sack of King's Landing, but the single-minded and cold logical malice of Tywin's decision and the method of carrying it out certainly stands out.

Archived