Safest Position in Westeros

donpacino

So ive read all the books to date from the main series and ive just finished reading the World of Ice and Fire and the Princess and the Queen I plan to read the Rogue Prince next and then The Egg and Dunk series (dunno if i have missed any).

While reading these books it has made me realise thay there is no person truly safe from harm or even death in Westeros wether it be a young poor child or an elderley noble or a lord or a commoner, wether it be in battle or murder or rape or some wicked plot everyone is vulnerable.

So it made me think who are the safest people in Westeros? My money goes in the Maesters they seem to be the ones who come to less harm. What do you guys think would love to here yoir thoughts.

Tarth? I don't think anyone has any use to occupy Tarth, and there's not much to plunder. It's also an island which makes the inhabitants safe from roaming broken men à la Rorge, Biter etc...

It might be in trouble now with Aurane Waters' fleet supposedly turning pirate, but noone really knows where his allegiance lies or what his plans are.

I belive the Silent Sisters are more likely to suffer no harm, since they are not liked to anyone and they help everyone equally, they are people that all need.

True. They seem to be viewed with a mixture of respect and (superstitious) fear, due to their reputation of being "the Stranger's brides". I remember somewhere in the series someone mentioned that septas had been raped during the War of the Five Kings (maybe the Elder Brother), but I can't recall if any Silent Sisters were raped.

True. They seem to be viewed with a mixture of respect and (superstitious) fear, due to their reputation of being "the Stranger's brides". I remember somewhere in the series someone mentioned that septas had been raped during the War of the Five Kings.

And Cersei thought they probably appreciated it, after a life of celibacy :shocked: .

I think HighGarden is pretty safe, as Ive mentioned previously. The White Walkers probably won't get too far, due to the temperate climate, and it has quite a bit of foodstuffs. Also, the whole oasis of happiness which permeates it..

The safest region in Westeros at the moment is probably the Vale. The Vale stayed neutral during the War of the Five Kings, and caution seems to be a common attribute of those who live in the Vale. That caution kept the region peaceful during the war, but I'm not sure that it will protect them indefinitely in the future, especially if the Others invade Westeros. For the time being, however, anyone in the Vale besides Robert Arryn is in a safer position that most other Westerosi.

Tarth? I don't think anyone has any use to occupy Tarth, and there's not much to plunder. It's also an island which makes the inhabitants safe from roaming broken men à la Rorge, Biter etc...

It might be in trouble now with Aurane Waters' fleet supposedly turning pirate, but noone really knows where his allegiance lies or what his plans are.

Didn't Tarth fall to the Golden Company by late ADWD? Or am I remembering the wrong island?

The Neck seems safe, at least from other people - no idea how the cragnnonmen suffer (or not) the environment in their daily life, though.

Skagos is isolated, but I don't think it qualifies. Winters there are likely to very tough (and deadly)

Lonely Light seemes to me to be a relatively calm place.

Agreed. None is going to bother going there.

Missionary ?

Doggy style might be easier to pull out in time

True. They seem to be viewed with a mixture of respect and (superstitious) fear, due to their reputation of being "the Stranger's brides". I remember somewhere in the series someone mentioned that septas had been raped during the War of the Five Kings (maybe the Elder Brother), but I can't recall if any Silent Sisters were raped.

Well, they weren't spared much:

Septs have been despoiled, maidens and mothers raped by godless men and demon worshipers. Even silent sisters have been molested.

I agree that it's safer than most positions, but I don't think it's worth it (the never talking part).

I propose positions that involve hermitage, temples (faceless men, red priests, moonsingers, graces) or dragon riding. Or all of them... imagine a former FM with the ability of clairvoyance and some knowledge about songs (possibly magical) and the art of pleasuring oneself (possibly magical as well) living on a high mountain with a dragon. That fellow is safe. And happy.

Archived