Jamie and Brienne want to do right by helping Sansa. Will they ever reach her though?

Robb_Warged

Jamie feels like he owes Cat for what she did for him. He sent Brienne to go find Sansa, and Brienne spends essentially a whole book journeying to find her. Jamie's cliffhanger at the moment involves a lie that Brienne has found Sansa (and out of all the other characters in the story, the lie involves The Hound as well, more and more instances of Sansa/Sandor involvement).

Brienne and Jaime are so far removed from Sansa's current situation though. Do you think they will ever be pulled towards Sansa in the remainder of the story? I'd hate if after all of this time they never make good on their intentions to aid her. Anyone coming to rescue her at this point almost feels unlikely to me since it seems like we've reached a point in the story where Sansa is going to rescue herself.

I suppose Jamie and Brienne could find and aid Sansa without rescuing her or taking away from what ever GRRM is building her up for.

I don't feel that Sansa is in danger anymore or in need of someone to recue her, and now after all the Lady Stoneheart thing is happening around Brienne and we don't know where she took Jaime, chances of them trying to find Sansa seem harder than before since Brienne seems that has lead Jaime to a trap.

I belive Sansa is starting to take her of her own, and with the lead of Petyr, she might become very strong.

Not directly. But maybe they will hear something indirectly. But those Webbers, along with others, look like they are certainly meeting up, have been, and I am looking more at sharing info, and some people maybe, it looks like they are set to do one thing, and then encounter someone/or others and what we think is going to happen, well, it doesn't. Something else does, and they end up not taking the path they would think or we thought they would exactly.

Hope that makes sense. It is hard to describe because too much is up in the air.

If Jaime and/or Brienne get any updates or info about Alayne/Sansa, it could be due to a run-in with Sandor. There are a bunch of possibilities with that. Or they may be going where BWB/LS is and they have info or Blackfish does if he got there somehow.

Something can also happen because there are people that know who she is in the Vale (there is evidence for that) and either someone else does something to let the cat out of the bag, or it could be that through some action/initiative of Sansa's own, stuff happens.

She has descended the Eyrie already, so she is certainly in closer range, and out of that impregnable fortress that the Eyrie is.

Now I mean info through hearing stuff, contacts, or a bunch of us have debated on Riverlands Web, who could maybe deduce Alayne is Sansa, and someone decides that it is worth looking into.

So many options, so much speculation.

I can't see LS letting Jaime go, again. I'm trying to imagine him knelt before her with a noose around his neck talking his way out of it but I cannot think of what he could say to a deeply wounded and most aggravated un-dead mother that would convince her he was legit.

Unless she has something very specific in mind, something only Jaime minus his right hand could achieve, she'll take great pleasure at watching him kick, feebly, in the air as he's pulled up and left to dangle until dead. Which is sad as he'd be responding to information that Sansa was in peril. He'd prove his innocence by turning up to his own execution!

Or (and this is what I'd like to happen) Brienne has zero intention of honoring the deal with an un-dead monster but will still honor Catelynn Stark and once again, Brienne has to escape the Riverlands with Jaime in toe. Only this time, KL isn't safe so they opt for the next best place, The Vale....
...And Sansa is all like, "oh hai!" LF & Jaime having a catch-up would be interesting too. Two shrewd, well informed, intelligent nobles with sharp tongues. I like to think JL has the wit to suss LF, and anyone who's hoping for him to pay for his machiavellianism could count on Jaime to call him out, I reckon.

I can't see LS letting Jaime go, again. I'm trying to imagine him knelt before her with a noose around his neck talking his way out of it but I cannot think of what he could say to a deeply wounded and most aggravated un-dead mother that would convince her he was legit.

Unless she has something very specific in mind, something only Jaime minus his right hand could achieve, she'll take great pleasure at watching him kick, feebly, in the air as he's pulled up and left to dangle until dead. Which is sad as he'd be responding to information that Sansa was in peril. He'd prove his innocence by turning up to his own execution!

Or (and this is what I'd like to happen) Brienne has zero intention of honoring the deal with an un-dead monster but will still honor Catelynn Stark and once again, Brienne has to escape the Riverlands with Jaime in toe. Only this time, KL isn't safe so they opt for the next best place, The Vale....

...And Sansa is all like, "oh hai!" LF & Jaime having a catch-up would be interesting too. Two shrewd, well informed, intelligent nobles with sharp tongues. I like to think JL has the wit to suss LF, and anyone who's hoping for him to pay for his machiavellianism could count on Jaime to call him out, I reckon.

I like this stuff. Especially the bolded parts

We already had one cliffhanger of Catelyn killing Jaime and it turned out she had released him. Me thinks she'll exchange him for her brother and Jeyne.

In any case, assuming Brienne and Jaime can leave the BWB, Brienne wouldn't recognize Sansa. Would Jaime? He spent a lot of time near her during AGOT, but he's Cerseisexual so he might not have paid too much attention to her and Sansa has changed both physically and mentally. Even if he does, how is Jaime getting anywhere near Sansa?

If either of them do, I think we'll have a similar situation to the show's encounter between Arya and Brienne. Sansa has no reason to trust either of them and she might just order the assassination of Jaime Lannister just in case.

If Jame's weirwood dream comes to pass, Brienne and Jaime will fight to the death and Jamie's light will go dark.

Fear not. Sansa will be rescued/kidnapped by Ser Shadrich, the Mad Mouse, currently under employ by Littlefinger (Lady Aynwood? (Varys??)) and he'll play some sort of part. He's easy to miss, he's the guy that talks to Brienne about searching for Sansa because Varys is offering a reward.

Archived