What would be your ideal location for the next GTA game?

BaseBornBastard

I know that GTA V still hasn't been out all that long, and that we'll be waiting a long time before we see the next installment in the franchise. Nonetheless, what would be your ideal location for the next game? So far GTA has adapted the cities/regions of New York (Liberty City), Miami (Vice City) the Southwestern U.S. (San Andreas), including the cities of L.A. (Los Santos), San Francisco (San Fierro) and Las Vegas (Las Venturas).

I've been thinking about it, and I think I'd like to see another fictitious state, like San Andreas, as the next location. Perhaps one that is influenced by the Great Lakes region. That way, you could have fictitious versions of cities like Chicago, Detroit and Toronto appear in the game.

Detroit and Chicago, in particular, would be great cities to use as the setting for a GTA game. Chicago being a major city with a history of Italian and Irish organized crime, and Detroit being a city in post-industrial decay and America's most violent city. The city based on Chicago could be called Windy City, and the city based on Detroit called Motown (not very imaginative, I know).

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I definitely think a setting like this could make for an extremely promising GTA title.

So far GTA has adapted the cities/regions of New York (Liberty City), Miami (Vice City) the Southwestern U.S. (San Andreas), including the cities of L.A. (Los Santos), San Francisco (San Fierro) and Las Vegas (Las Venturas).

It's also done London and "Anywhere City" in the future.

I suspect they'll either do something new or will revisit San Fierro. They could get a lot of mileage out of a much bigger version of San Francisco. The only issue is whether the surrounding countryside would be much different from GTA5's. Chicago is certainly possible, although it was used in Watch_Dogs. But given that GTA6 is likely still 4-5 years away from now, that probably won't matter so much by then.

An alternate take would be keeping GTA5's engine and coming up with more modular ways of expanding the game without having to create a whole new title. Given how much effort they spend on the setting and story, however, that might just add up to being the same thing.

Didn't Rockstar say that none of their mainline GTA games would take place outside of America?

Regardless, I think there's a strong possibility the next one will be in Vice City, but with much more developed surrounding areas, and more nature.

The thing is, would a Vice City game be in the modern day? I feel like it would lose a lot of its charm, or at least, the charm would be very different. I do think GTA is done with stuff taking place in the past though.

I think Wert's idea of games being more like expansions is a good possibility.

Washington DC. Bring out the corrupt politicians. Have a senator be the main villain. Also, easy to work in various black ops organizations.

DC would make a pretty great location. I can't believe I hadn't thought of that. You could even expand on the idea by making a fictional state based on the general region and includes cities like Baltimore and Philly.

DC would make a pretty great location. I can't believe I hadn't thought of that. You could even expand on the idea by making a fictional state based on the general region and includes cities like Baltimore and Philly.

Grand Theft Auto: Mid-Atlantic.

Archived