Unpopular ASOIAF opinions

lom678

In the end the Iron Throne isn't a thing anyone still alive would even care about. This is the last winter for everyone. Snow in Dorne! Ice and Fire meet in the middle, most won't survive the collision and the very last POV chapter will be through the eyes of the very last living character. GRRM is going to Red Wedding the world.

The Wall probably will NOT fall.

Aegon is REAL

Rhaegar is a fool that gets way too much love.

R+L=/=J

I find Arya's chapters post Red Wedding more boring that the others.

Prophecies are utter bullshit.

Jon is DEAD.

I think Stannis would make a great king.

Robert gets way too much hate.

I like Theon and Cat.

This forum is dark and full of crackpot and fanfiction.

I think everyone who engages in anti-Stark revisionism is being wilfully contrarian and every piece of evidence they use to show that (eg) Ned was a bad guy or that Arya is evil is complete nonsense.

R+L almost definitely = J, but I don't really care because I prefer Stark to Targs. In fact, I prefer Tyrells, Greyjoys, Baratheons, Martells and most other families to Targs, who mostly seem to be crazy and/or useless. (Exception for me is Maester Aemon who was awesome).

Separately, someone above said the BwB were just murderers. While I concede their moral compass seems a bit askew since LSH took over, up to that point they were very much Robin Hood and his band of Merry Men (stealing from the rich to help the poor) so if you hated them then then that basically makes you the Sheriff of Nottingham.

"....And cancel Christmas" (for Alan Rickman fans)

Lady Stoneheart diminished the impact of the Red Wedding.

My unpopular opinion: No, she doesn't. Quite the contrary, actually - her existence is like salt in the wound, it makes the RW seem even worse.

But whatever, I've heard this argument like a thousand times, I don't even care anymore.

By the way, although I love both Cat and UnCat, I get why some people dislike what Stoneheart represents - the fact that death in this universe doesn't need to be final, that there are ways to bring people back. I get that. But to say that LSH in some way takes away from the tragedy of the Red Wedding is just not true at all.

Arya is seriously boring and an unconvincing character. Have disliked her since the very beginning of AGoT.

Catelyn Stark is a bitch.

Sansa is awesome.

Dany is a good ruler.

Jon is the best Lord Commander the Wall could wish for.

Septa Lemore is absolutely not Ashara Dayne.

The High Septon is most likely not Howland Reed.

Septa Lemore is most likely not Tyene's mother.

Jon is alive.

fAegon is fake. There's no evidence that points to him being real... contrary to the evidence that he's fake.

The prophecies, visions and foreshadowings are important / usually mean something. I believe that solely because GRRM likes using them. I cannot exclude that he will someday purposefully mislead us, though.

According to a particular fanfic site (which I would never read or condone because that would be wrong) the three most popular parings among fans are Jaime and Brienne, SanSan, and Arya and Gendry. AND I HATE ALL THREE. I may hate Sansa and Tyrion even more though.

People who are into "shipping" need not be acknowledged a sentient beings.

Catelyn for freindzoning him back in the day. If he can't take Cat's maidenhood he'll take the closest and most similar thing.

I’m sorry, why is he entitled to either?

People who are into "shipping" need not be acknowledged a sentient beings.

To be fair, I have my own ship, but it’s there in the text and involves two adults, so I win.

Hi there! First post :blush:

Here goes:

Stannis is being totally mislead and his story line will simply fade away. He will neither end up with a glorious death, nor with an outstanding victory. He just doesn't have a place in this world.

[/heresy]

Euron Greyjoy is the perfect enticement for Dany on the surface.

Alayne Stone understands how crucial Petyr was in keeping her alive and saving her.

Jon got exactly what was expected.

Aegon is here. As the Epilogue via Varys so beautifully spelled it out, "He's here fans, DEAL WITH IT."

Catelyn for freindzoning him back in the day. If he can't take Cat's maidenhood he'll take the closest and most similar thing.

People are deserving of revenge on someone because that person didn't sleep with?

Especially, in the sense they don't agree to give their most important aspect determining their value in their society.

People are deserving of revenge on someone because that person didn't sleep with?

Especially, in the sense they don't agree to give their most important aspect determining their value in their society.

Never said it was right. I just want it to happen, fuck Brandon Stark.

I think Ned volunteered to take Theon as hostage to keep him from being killed, and had no intention of killing the boy if Balon did rebel again. It would not be the first time Ned defied Robert to protect a child.

Theon murdered two innocent children so people wouldn't laugh at him. Not even going to go into all the people Theon murdered to cover up for his murder of the children, or the innocent people he executed for the crime of killing those witnesses that Theon himself actually killed. He has a callous disregard for human life and has repeatedly shown himself to put his own self-interest over the rights and well-being of others.

But then, I think Tyrion is a dick for ordering the murder of the bard who was blackmailing him. Tyrion was not defending his own life. He wasn't even defending Shae's, because he could have sent her away. He was defending his right to keep a prostitute against his father's wishes. But I still think that's a far better reason to kill than Theon's reasons.

if Ned cared about Theon's life he would have told robert to fuck off when he decided to make Theon a hostage, he wouldn't have taken Theon on, Ned does not break his oath. and plus, if he cared so much andd if he wasn't planning on killing Theon anyway, why not tell him that? why did he then needlessly psychologically torture him?

I think here's severly misunderstanding the character here, which is no surprise, i've heard it all before many times trust me. Theon killed two innocent children when Ramsay prestended to idea to him (it never came from Theon) because image is important when you're a leader, if you get disrespected as a leader your men will leave you, you will end up alone dispised probably killed horribly (especially in Theon's case cause you know he'd be trapped in the north) Theon was trapped, he had no choice and it ate him up inside. I think it's funny how so many people seem to have skipped the entire chapter GRRM spent on describing Theon's horrible guilt nightmares. so no, he does not show any disregard for human lives, in fact, Theon killed much less people then most of the other characters in this series and they don't feel guilty about it, so who shows disregard for human lives? certainly not Theon. that being said, he puts his own self interest first, sure, who doesn't? there's very few people and very few characters (I guess davos is the only one, but then again Davos is perfection) who put other peoples well being above their own. it's simple human instinct, self preservation.

I have no clue what you're saying here. so basically you're saying that Tyrion killed the bard for no good reason at all and yet Theon is worse even though Theon did have valid reasons...

I think that by and large, the simple answers to questions are often the unpopular ones. Occum's razor be damned. Most people seem to like to swing for the fences with wild theories and then crow about what they get right, forgetting what they get wrong. Of course it could also be that the more wild theories are just more fun to most people.

Archived