What Would Cause You To Stop Reading The Series?

Caesar Targaryen

Hypothetically speaking, what potential event would cause you to stop reading the series?

For me, it would be:

- Dany has sex with one of her dragons. I only say this because before I finished the series up to ADWD, my friend told me that one of his co-workers said that she dies that way in the book. Turns out, it was only a jape.

- Ser Barristan turns traitor. In my opinion, he possesses every quality a true knight should have: loyalty, honor, courage, and more, and is one of the few truly good characters in the series as well as one of my favorites. So to see him betray Dany for whatever reason would break my heart (let's hope GRRM isn't getting any ideas from this :P).

That's all I can think of ATM.

If the series is left unfinshed until I lose interest. (Which is unlikely I will become disinterested therefore nothing should stop me from reading)

No event in the book will make me stop. I am too invested to know the ending now. But there are many things that have already made me mad, throw the book, cry and swear off it!

If Jon was REALLY dead and never returned I would do all of the above just to cave and continue reading half an hour later. Although there are heaps of scenerios to make me do this involving other characters as well.

Oh, and obviously the show lapping the books will be a low point, but we're not supposed to delve into that too much in this forum.

This wouldn't bug me too much. So many characters are left out of the show and I still need to know what happens to them. Plus I started as a viewer before a reader. Although I get why people would be pissed it is just a bit of a non issue for me

Honestly nothing. That's not to say that nothing could happen that would cause the books to be terrible, but I've been reading too long to not find out how it ends, even if it ends in disaster.

Honestly nothing. That's not to say that nothing could happen that wouldn't cause the books to be terrible, but I've been reading too long to not find out how it ends, even if it ends in disaster.

Pretty much this.

This wouldn't bug me too much. So many characters are left out of the show and I still need to know what happens to them. Plus I started as a viewer before a reader. Although I get why people would be pissed it is just a bit of a non issue for me

You're very lucky. I always read before watching. Anything. Movies ruin books far more than vice versa, because your imagination is already curtailed. If I thought it would be remotely possible to avoid finding out the Big Unveils, I'd absolutely stop watching nowish.

- Sansa going darksided (having some edge to her is fine, but going full blown evil/Littlefinger's puppet would turn me off to her)

- Sansa being abused to a disturbing extent

After losing Robb she's become the character I'm most interested in. I don't want to see her become evil. I also don't want to see Littlefinger or anyone take advantage of her. If either thing were to happen, I think I may just stop caring about the story.

Archived