What Would Cause You To Stop Reading The Series?

Caesar Targaryen

i'm waiting last few months for tWOW and i'm already losing patience.

since i`ve never before was waiting for any book my rational is to treat it like

tv-show:one year for next season seems ok

if waiting goes beyond 2 years ,i`m done with it

since i`ve never before was waiting for any book my rational is to treat it like

I'm more than a little certain that you are doomed to disappointment.

I'd stop reading if George R. R. Martin decided to alternate the language of each chapter between Valyrian, Dothraki, WingDings, Klingon, and other languages that would take too much effort to decode.

For me, nothing could make me stop reading. Nothing. Keep in mind that I watched every. single. episode. of The X-Files religiously even after the show started falling to crap. This occurred around season 6 when the set to the show was moved from Vancouver to LA and acquired different writers because of it - this was the last 4 seasons of the shows 9. If I can pull through that, I can pull through (if possible) bad writing, favorite characters dying, and long waits between books. Even if GRRM were to die and the series were picked about by another author, I'd still want to read. I wouldn't expect it to be as good, but I'd still read.

However, I might lose interest in the stories (though keep reading) if:
All of the Starks died.

Daenerys and her dragons die.

If Tyrion dies.

If any more Stark direwolves die. (Guess that goes along with the Starks dying.)

If any of those things occur, it better be for a DAMN good reason and at the very end of the book.

You've only recently begun reading the books, haven't you? ;)

Jon and Dany being secret twins.

Or any one else being a secret twin.

Some romance btw Jon and anyone else but Arya

A romance between Arya and anyone else, especially Gendry

I wouldn't stop reading but I don't know if and how could I recover from Arya dying..

Honestly, I've made it through so much soul crushing, grisly scenes and turtle spotting, that if I'm are still going strong at this point, I'm going to get to the end however dire it may be. However, I'm confidant that GRRM will pull out all the goods, and that TWOW will be amazing when it arrives, so theres no need to worry.

Unless it ends with a sing along musical number. Then it burns.

I've stopped now. not buying or reading any of his stuff until he puts out TWOW. Its at the point where it looks to me like he is milking the popularity, and fair enough if you need the money or more interested in other things or unsure of what you're going to write.

There is no release date and there wont be for a while. i do think it'll be released but i wouldnt say i'm 100% sure. The one after...

Archived