Joffrey Baratheon and lady Tyrell

Led Habell

I guess you're describing their relationship on the show, because we're shown very little to nothing of their relationship in the books. On the show, she basically plays on his manias to win him over, and afterwards using her influence to show him how to win over the "smallfolk". And being loved means nothing to him other than increasing his sense of pride & power. I can see where you'd think he became a changed person, I just don't see it. His behavior at the wedding, I believe, proved as much.

In the book her marriage to Tommen is where we start to see Margery's cunning, as she wins him towards herself and away from Cersei's clutches.

I guess you're describing their relationship on the show, because we're shown very little to nothing of their relationship in the books. On the show, she basically plays on his manias to win him over, and afterwards using her influence to show him how to win over the "smallfolk". And being loved means nothing to him other than increasing his sense of pride & power. I can see where you'd think he became a changed person, I just don't see it. His behavior at the wedding, I believe, proved as much.

In the book her marriage to Tommen is where we start to see Margery's cunning, as she wins him towards herself and away from Cersei's clutches.

*tips hat*

Yes, Joffrey was best as a dead husband. He was a sociopath and there is no fixing that. On the show, Joff does seem to like Natalie Dormers sexy and aware character, and she is much better at playing to the small folk. He could have been influenced, but he would always have been a sadistic scary creep. The kind that kills animals, has Sansa beaten, humiliates Tyrion and has Ned executed when even Cersei doesn't want to. Tywin doesn't seem impressed either. The Hound leaves him. Run Marg run! Wait, Lady O to the rescue.

Well in the show he seemed quite taken with her. Its not hard to see why. That Natalie Dormer... awoooooooOOOH! :cool4:

I think he may not have been as cruel to her as he was to Sansa. Remember he associated Sansa with her "traitor father" who tried to have him overthrown. So who knows?

Tywin is sort of a cruel sociopath and seemed to like Lady Joanna well enough. Same is probably true of Roose and his wives.

Well in the show he seemed quite taken with her. Its not hard to see why. That Natalie Dormer... awoooooooOOOH! :cool4:

I think he may not have been as cruel to her as he was to Sansa. Remember he associated Sansa with her "traitor father" who tried to have him overthrown. So who knows?

Tywin is sort of a cruel sociopath and seemed to like Lady Joanna well enough. Same is probably true of Roose and his wives.

Tywin isn't a sociopath. Sociopaths can't love. He clearly loved her.

Yes, Joffrey was best as a dead husband. He was a sociopath and there is no fixing that. On the show, Joff does seem to like Natalie Dormers sexy and aware character, and she is much better at playing to the small folk. He could have been influenced, but he would always have been a sadistic scary creep. The kind that kills animals, has Sansa beaten, humiliates Tyrion and has Ned executed when even Cersei doesn't want to. Tywin doesn't seem impressed either. The Hound leaves him. Run Marg run! Wait, Lady O to the rescue.

While executing Ned was tactically stupid, it's in not nearly as morally questionable as the things you compare it to.

From his point of view, Eddard pretended to be his dear father's friend until his death, after which he tried to usurp the throne out of the hands of his heir, an offence punishable by death, and often much, much more. When he said to Sansa that he was merciful towards Ned, he was right, for his supposed crimes, Ned could have had way worse.

Archived