Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 7 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

I don't know why they'd end his episodes with Jon letting the second group of wildlings through the Wall. That seems one of the things liable to be cut, to me.

I think since Martin already used the whole saving the kingdom lines in those inside the episode videos we are not getting that in the actual episode

It probably wouldn't be in the show anyway, they already fucked his motivation for going north.

After reading the valonqar article on TWOTW a few days ago, I have been considering how this will be done in the show considering Cersei's additional boy (the black haired beauty) discussed in season 1.

The prophecy cannot really just change to 'four children you will have', because this boy was explicitly not golden, nor will he be crowned. If it remains at three children, then attentive viewers will immediately poke holes in the prophecy, whereas (in the books at least) so far everything stated in the prophecy had come true (as far as we know, Robert could have 100 kids but we certainly haven't met them).

I guess they could just change it to 'three grown children', I suppose Tommen could be considered grown (in the show).

I think young Cersei is one of the things I am most excited about seeing in season 5, especially if we find out more regarding her friend and the well.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I have been keeping up with all the season 5 news threads, but ALOT (and i guess not a lot) has been talked about.

I think Jon's Arc ends with the wildlings coming through the wall south. I think Stannis' ends with an inconclusive battle of ice.

The more I think about it the more I think that IF

Jon is not removed

from the story for an extended period of time (i.e. more than the equivalent of one episode) For the Watch will be pushed back to season 6. i.e it can happen in 601 or 602 and he will be back by 603.

IF he is gone for an extended period but nothing significant happens that requires his absence then it can happen in 510 and he is back by 601/602.

I guess the problems will arise if he is gone for an extended period AND plot points occur that require him to be out of action... assuming there will be only 2 seasons left after season 5, he cannot be removed from the story until the end of season 6 (unless he sits out almost all of TWOW).

I just really want to see For the Watch this season, for the purely selfish reason that we may get some TWOW spoilers.

However now with Hardhome (or Hardhome substitute) possibly happening in 508, it may be a tight squeeze getting everything in, especially as 509 and 510 look quite full. Then again I am pretty sure we all thought the same thing about 410.

edit: spelling

After reading the valonqar article on TWOTW a few days ago, I have been considering how this will be done in the show considering Cersei's additional boy (the black haired beauty) discussed in season 1.

The prophecy cannot really just change to 'four children you will have', because this boy was explicitly not golden, nor will he be crowned. If it remains at three children, then attentive viewers will immediately poke holes in the prophecy, whereas (in the books at least) so far everything stated in the prophecy had come true (as far as we know, Robert could have 100 kids but we certainly haven't met them).

I guess they could just change it to 'three grown children', I suppose Tommen could be considered grown (in the show).

I think young Cersei is one of the things I am most excited about seeing in season 5, especially if we find out more regarding her friend and the well.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I have been keeping up with all the season 5 news threads, but ALOT (and i guess not a lot) has been talked about.

The prophecy still works as is if Maggy the Frog was only referring to their bastard children.

I honestly don't think the writers care whether people might get 'spoiled' next season if they see Kit Harington filming. There's really very little they can do about it, so I don't see it as a factor for whether they include 'for the Watch' or anything after that.

I honestly don't think the writers care whether people might get 'spoiled' next season if they see Kit Harington filming. There's really very little they can do about it, so I don't see it as a factor for whether they include 'for the Watch' or anything after that.

As I said, I hope For the Watch IS included at the end of this season. Filming photos giving away Kits return do not bother me, after all Charles Dance is returning this year to little or no fan fare in the media. Obviously Kit will be bigger news as his fate in TWOW is unknown.

It just all depends on how long he is removed for and what the fall out is.

I'm glad they dont feel obligated (anymore) to put Dany in every spot.

So, 4 new shots we can add to our list...

oh please what do you mean by anymore she still is the protagonist of the story and its very obvious that these three shots are taken from early shootings before october and september and the shootings that have been done later didnt make it could be due to various reasons..if he had any scenes shot before that iam sure she would have been added her scenes started to film during october and that involves lots of CGI and her indoor scenes we dont have much info on when it was done ...iam saying this because they did shoe her last season shot from the top of pyramid ...you may not like her but there are people still like her so wait for the trailer

and please try tell me this when you watch the trailer and it doesnt have danny in it...

i dont think cersei's will be the one when she hears about her fathers death beacause it looks like daytime and already the bells where Tolling when Varys left and if the guesses are right the season will open with the Cersei flashback and waking up and hearing the news and this scene may be later in the same episode

it is me or anyone thought that shot reminded of her conversation with Littlefinger about who has the power with Lannister gaurds around

As I said, I hope For the Watch IS included at the end of this season. Filming photos giving away Kits return do not bother me, after all Charles Dance is returning this year to little or no fan fare in the media. Obviously Kit will be bigger news as his fate in TWOW is unknown.

It just all depends on how long he is removed for and what the fall out is.

The Wall scenes are filmed in isolated areas anyway. The only way he might be spotted actually filming is if Jon makes it to King's Landing in TWOW, which I don't think is probable.

Oh, no problem. :cheers:

Kind of strange that season 2 never got any yearender footage, isn't it?

yes it is

maybe we can play that since there is no new news to talk about which scenes would have made it to the season 2 year ender

for me :

Rob with greywind in the rain

Arya with gendry and hot pie looking at harrenhall

Danny teaching drogon to eat or dracarys moment when danny is chained

jon and sam looking at the north and speaking

stannis gets of the ship and leading his army

tyrion giving halfman speach

The Wall scenes are filmed in isolated areas anyway. The only way he might be spotted actually filming is if Jon makes it to King's Landing in TWOW, which I don't think is probable.

Agreed.

Maybe Jon could have an AGOT Dany moment, and have his body burnt by the Nights Watch/Mel.. only to not be harmed by the flames, just his hair burns off..

Then

1) Kit finally gets to change his hair IRL

2) Kit can lurk around NI more stealthily

3) It will reignite the 'Targs are fireproof' arguments

4) Mel will lose her shit

#crackpot

Archived