What's for Dinner #5

TerraPrime

Tonight, duck and fig pizza.

WF, think,Lily is right. Some fat will make the rice feel more substantial, salt will flavour it and something like lemon juice or fried onion would help too. I'd say avocado, lime and coriander might work too.

Paprika chicken (diced chicken breast fried with peppers, red onions and mushrooms, diced chilli, garlic, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and some.herbs. Cover with some.chicken stock, simmer, then stir on.sour cream before serving) and rice. Was good.

Then I treated myself to some dessert and cooked apples, cinnamon and pears with some sugar and.water in a pan and served warm with natural yoghurt. After large helpings of both, I'm now lazing around feeling sleepily content.

Refried black bean burritos

Me too, if some days later. With sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, guacamole and a really, really good salsa verde made by my favourite local Mexican.

Rick bayless is a hero of mine.

The first time I saw Bayless I thought "Who is that annoying guy with the ridiculous voice" and I changed the channel.

Big mistake. Rick is awesome. One must learn to tolerate the voice, but after that, BINGO! So much knowledge and respect for the cuisine.

While TP and others will recoil at the improper use of the term char siu, the best way I can describe dinner is "char siu pulled pork." It's pulled pork, but cooked with the sauce that usually accompanies char siu pork (and especially char siu bao) in the US.

I don't judge (openly).

watermelon radishes

Get out! So jealous!

Goddamn. I could have eaten 1,000 of them buns.

Your anaconda don't, your anaconda don't, your anaconda don't want none unless we got buns hon.

Re: Ordos

I no longer eat dinner. Need to keep the weight off. Only breakfast and lunch which are more important.

You should read up on sensible and effective ways to lose weight. Hint: skipping meals is not it.

You should read up on sensible and effective ways to lose weight. Hint: skipping meals is not it.

Actually it depends on WHICH meals you skip. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and an absolute no no for skipping. Which is why I get very angry when I don't get breakfast.

Evening meals are a very recent thing. A few hundred years ago nobody ate before going to bed. Also I've been told that late night eating is what gives you most weight gain. Midnight snacks are totally forbidden. I was once told a saying by my father: Eat breakfast like a king, eat lunch like a prince and eat dinner like a pauper.

All of this put together convinces me to skip dinner.

Archived