What's for Dinner #5

TerraPrime

Roast beef shrapnel and debris. I sliced up 3 good sized roasts for sandwich meat, took all the finer shavings and butts, and made a breadless cheesteak with some mild chedda. Then I dumped a bunch of sauteed onions on top, a little hot sauce, and ate the pile of meat.

So in other words you ate butt meat tonight.

Tonight I fried some Puerto Rican spiced chicken tenders. I put them on a flour tortilla with shredded cheese and tzatziki sauce, rolled it and added Angry Chef brand hot sauce plus a little Cholula sauce. Multi-culti yo.

More importantly, tomorrow I shall be making Ponche Navideño, which is a Caribbean eggnog which carries a punch. This is not the kind of nog that is served in glass cups with moose ears from Wally World. This is PONCHE! WEPA!!

Made sauerkraut and sausage last night. Very traditional. Well, technically the sausage I used was "chorizo", which is not very traditional, but since it was from the Plain Folk farmstand, the "chorizo" was basically kielbasa with paprika in. Those people wouldn't know spice if it grabbed them by their buttonless pants.

I went a little heavy on the rosemary, but otherwise I was quite pleased. Very nice with some coarse mustard, sourdough toast and an apple for dessert.

I have a question regarding whole wheat bread actually. Whenever I try to make it, it ends up really heavy/stodgy and doesn't really seem to rise. Is this a problem with the kneading, proving, or my adding the yeast to the other ingredients? I've tried quite a few times now and never seem to get the recipe to work.

Archived