Does the Vale know whats been happening?

livball2012

I really can't remember reading about this but I am very curious. Does anyone in the Vale actually know whats been going on? I mean I know Lysa has been keeping tabs and just refusing to take part but does any of the other important houses in the Vale have any notion as to whats been going on around the kingdoms and the magnitude of the events? Or are they all really just trying to wait it out. Because with all of these conflicts going on I find it amazing that a whole region of the seven kingdoms have pretty much remained unaffected.

That's why they are isolating themselves, to the point of neglecting patrols on the High Road.

If they didn't know anything, and if they were on "businness as usual" mode, their merchants would show up at every port, and their knight would be riding the High Road to "teach the Mountain Clans a lesson they wouldn't forget" like they always do.

They are holed up because of the situation so they need to know it, at least in a way.
Someone for example has definitely told Yohn Royce that something happened to his son serving Renly as a Kingsguard. Maybe not the precise truth, but something.

Of course, they know exactly what has happened. Remember when a Vale’s lord was going to kill Petry, but another lord told him to stop because they are not the Frey. Petry gave them his protection under the guest rights, so it would be a great social crime to kill him. Also, the Vale (along with Dorne) chose to not become a part of the War of the Five Kings

Personally, the Vale is useless and I am glad Lysa was killed because she was dump enough to be munipulated by LF and not helping Robb and Cat. I don't know how much military power LF has in the Vale, but they should play a big role in the next two books.

If The Vale is useless, why are you expecting them to play a big role in the remainder of the story?

If The Vale is useless, why are you expecting them to play a big role in the remainder of the story?

What I mean is during the war of the five kings, the vale was useless because they are lead by lysa who was stupidly manipulated by LF. That would have helped Robb, also I believe with there change in leadership, the vale could enter the upcoming war. Now I don't see how the lords of the vale could trust LF and if Sansa is revealed, the lords might support her. Also Blackfish might return there since he was a paramount knight when serving Jon Arryn as well as commanding the respect of the vale army.

The other "kingdoms", particularly the Riverlands directly to their west, paid a heavy price thanks to the War occurring during the final harvest before winter. The Vale kept both its army and food supply intact. Like Illyrio says early in this book, Westeros will be starving halfway through the winter, so anyone with food will be a major power player and not as likely to be desperate for a "savior" (like Danerys).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree, nothing gets by Littlefinger. He is still pulling strings.

The sudden departure of Jaime and Brienne makes me think Brienne got wind of Sansa's whereabouts. Perhaps the unmasking of Sansa, and her revelations will bring the Vale into the fray. Littlefinger undoubtedly has a bolthole or three

Archived