Game of Thrones Episodic Game Released

Westeros

Holy shit, I think I just realized who the mole is...

In episode 1, the maester mentions that you should offer the ironwood to the Boltons as a form of payment to keep them at bay when literally everyone is 200% against it. In episode 3, when everyone is talking out back in the ironwood grove, the camera shows the shady looking reaction of the maester when they're talking about the plans.

Holy shit, I think I just realized who the mole is...

In episode 1, the maester mentions that you should offer the ironwood to the Boltons as a form of payment to keep them at bay when literally everyone is 200% against it. In episode 3, when everyone is talking out back in the ironwood grove, the camera shows the shady looking reaction of the maester when they're talking about the plans.

Yeah, but I think he's the obvious choice. I believe it's the mother, doing it for some crazy motherly reason.

Azor H. Ahai, what a great episode! Standing up to Gryff was sooooo damn satisfying!

Agree.

When I saw (in end of ep 2) Asher and co. backing away from a roaring creature in a cave, I was thinking of a lion or bear, and wondering if they live in Essosi terrain. I was totally shocked to find Drogon in there.

I think the mole is

Lady Forrester, somehow. Can't trust mothers after what Catelyn did to Robb. Although she is unlikely to share Rodrik's plan to save Ryon with any Whitehill. Still, her family was killed by Northmen during RR. I won't trust her with anything other than her own children's lives.

Thanks to the Watchers on the Wall review, I think it is Littlefinger behind the coalboy, and not Varys. Why else should Littlefinger's theme play (I did not recognize any BG themes at all)

If this story was part of the novels, there would be theories floating around like:

Lady Forrester has sworn vengeance on all the North and anti-Targaryens after the fall of her family during Robert's Rebellion. If she can ask Rodrick to kill all whitehill babes, why not bring harm to all Forresters, too? She is also secretly in love with Ludd Whitehill.

Maester Ortengryn is part of Grand Citadel Conspiracy. Ironwoods are part of the magic that citadel wants eradicated.

Britt was actually sent to the wall to find the North Grove, by stalking Gared.

That Lord whom Sera in love with is feigning his affections to Sera only to get more influence over Mira.

Cotter the potato-fucker is Mance Rayder's spy in Castle Black.

etc etc..

oh, the possibilities!

I'm glad I'm not alone in my doubts.

just got done playing the episode. my initial thought was

duncan. i know telltale loves to have you pick between polar opposite choices a lot of times (his opposite being royland) but he was my first thought since he seems so quick to have you take the least aggressive approach. didnt really think of the maester but i got the impression that the mom was supposed to be the obvious pick.

just got done playing the episode. my initial thought was

duncan. i know telltale loves to have you pick between polar opposite choices a lot of times (his opposite being royland) but he was my first thought since he seems so quick to have you take the least aggressive approach. didnt really think of the maester but i got the impression that the mom was supposed to be the obvious pick.

Personally I don't think it's the mom. It mirrors Cat too closely, plus she wouldn't let the plans about Ryon slip. The maester on the other hand has been suggesting shady shit with just flat out offering to give the ironwood up to the Boltons. In E3 when everyone is discussing plans, the camera randomly shows the maesters reaction & he never says a word. It's not like he chimed in with something to add & they cut to him for it. Everyone else was talking & he never said a word & the camera cuts to him. Very random. I know everyone thinks it won't be that easy, but that just might be why it's really him, no one expects it!

When I had to chose the sentinel in episode 1, I chose Duncan becuase I thought, "whoever I don't choose may turn against me sometime in the future. Duncan knows about the North Grove which sounds like an important thing, so I want Duncan on my side." But for the same reason, I thought neither Duncan nor Royland could be the traitor. Because there must be lot of people chosing Royland as sentinel, and if Duncan turn against them, the North Grove storyline may take a totally different turn. And from the other Telltale game reviews, it seemed to me there will be no huge divergences in the story depending on how you play.

Just finished Episode 3

Big chuckle at "oh look the pie"

I'm thinking it's the Maestar because of Grand Maestar conspiracy reasons...

It was either her or Lady Forrester who you were prompted to mention or not mention the NG to, something shifty about Lady Forrester. Seems like she would want to have family lose all power so that the children could live, oh the irony of Ethan being killed so take out the GMC she's looking a lot warmer

Tuttle and Royland are loyal

I ended up killing Britt, maybe I should have clicked on his hand?

Didn't burn the letter

And I cowed before Gryff on the sisters behalf, maybe I should have told him to shove it, after all Ethan went the diplomacy route. Certainly would have liked to tell him to shove it

I chose Finn over Cotter to JS, reckon this will be relevant for battle of the Wall even though Cotter and Duncan look set to desert

Had a slight cringe at Dany at the end, only because of the "wheel" speech going through my head

I still reckon Tom is a Varys plant, the merchant, that Lord fellow and the Damien guy are LIttlefinger plants (Damien could be acting on behalf of Cersei though)

Overall it was a bit of a slow start but became quite enjoyable towards the end

When I had to chose the sentinel in episode 1, I chose Duncan becuase I thought, "whoever I don't choose may turn against me sometime in the future. Duncan knows about the North Grove which sounds like an important thing, so I want Duncan on my side." But for the same reason, I thought neither Duncan nor Royland could be the traitor. Because there must be lot of people chosing Royland as sentinel, and if Duncan turn against them, the North Grove storyline may take a totally different turn. And from the other Telltale game reviews, it seemed to me there will be no huge divergences in the story depending on how you play.

Eh, I wouldn't judge this series based on other series. Everyone always cries about "illusion of choice", but that's every video game. But we don't know how some of the decisions will come back later on in this series because we haven't played it all the way through yet.

Just finished Episode 3

Big chuckle at "oh look the pie"

I'm thinking it's the Maestar because of Grand Maestar conspiracy reasons...

It was either her or Lady Forrester who you were prompted to mention or not mention the NG to, something shifty about Lady Forrester. Seems like she would want to have family lose all power so that the children could live, oh the irony of Ethan being killed so take out the GMC she's looking a lot warmer

Tuttle and Royland are loyal

I ended up killing Britt, maybe I should have clicked on his hand?

Didn't burn the letter

And I cowed before Gryff on the sisters behalf, maybe I should have told him to shove it, after all Ethan went the diplomacy route. Certainly would have liked to tell him to shove it

I chose Finn over Cotter to JS, reckon this will be relevant for battle of the Wall even though Cotter and Duncan look set to desert

Had a slight cringe at Dany at the end, only because of the "wheel" speech going through my head

I still reckon Tom is a Varys plant, the merchant, that Lord fellow and the Damien guy are LIttlefinger plants (Damien could be acting on behalf of Cersei though)

Overall it was a bit of a slow start but became quite enjoyable towards the end

I don't think we'll even see the battle. It seems like Gared will desert during the battle at Craster's and the rest will be beyond the wall.

Closest thing to the battle at the wall I think we'll see is if Asher and Malcolm join up with the sellswords Stannis hires after hearing he'll be taking the North.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived