Deltora Quest? did author know GRRM or vice versa?

OrangeStallion

It is a great series! It is for children and sometimes simplistic, but still engaging with riddles and such.

Dorne is probably a corruption of Dawn, so that name isn't a copy. And Doran is a pretty easy fantasy name.

However, Deltora is split into Seven Tribes and the Shadow Lord has shades of the Great Other/Nights King or whoever is leading the Others. Grey Guards aren't disimilar to wights to, or Unsullied.

While I do admit that there is many more similarities, I'd pass them off as just fantasy writing.

It is an epic childrens fantasy with lots of other materials and connections to her other series, which is great. The art in the accompanying books are fantastic too. And there was even a worldbook!

It is a great series! It is for children and sometimes simplistic, but still engaging with riddles and such.

Dorne is probably a corruption of Dawn, so that name isn't a copy. And Doran is a pretty easy fantasy name.

However, Deltora is split into Seven Tribes and the Shadow Lord has shades of the Great Other/Nights King or whoever is leading the Others. Grey Guards aren't disimilar to wights to, or Unsullied.

While I do admit that there is many more similarities, I'd pass them off as just fantasy writing.

It is an epic childrens fantasy with lots of other materials and connections to her other series, which is great. The art in the accompanying books are fantastic too. And there was even a worldbook!

I agree. I loved reading them when I was younger (even I would have fun re reading them now) with the riddles and what not. The plot twist at the end was also pretty great too.

Archived