Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

Wouldn't that kind of mess with the story of ASOIAF?

Well, there's mention of ice dragons in ASoIaF and TWoIaF - so it wouldn't be breaking any possibilities.

But in terms of story... Probably. I mean, if any house, regardless of how small, brought down an ice dragon on a rival house people would know and people would talk.

Still, all that talk of the North Grove's got me hoping for ice dragons.

[spoiler]

Yeah - I posted early on in these threads that Telltale are great at giving the illusion of consequence - but little in the way of actual real consequence.

So I'm happy to see there will be at least some consequence from a major decision. I still think it will have little bearing on the final outcome with the Whitehills. It will just be a different Lord in charge at the end. But the way they get there will be at least a little different. And it makes sense that the decision point was at the end of the penultimate episode - so they just have the final episode where they need to show two different view-points rather than carrying it through several.

Oh - and it was a tough decision, but I saved Rodrik. I like both characters, but Rodrik is just about to get married and I want him to get his happy ending - and to get his revenge on the Whitehills for all the shit he's had to put up with. And it made sense to me that the younger "soldier" brother would give his life to protect the brother who is the leader of their family. Rodrik dying just so the family could get their 4th Lord in a few months didn't seem right to me.

Yes, Rodrik is going to have problems with support from the pit fighters. But if Asher survived, he'd have equal trouble with support from the Glenmores. Different paths to the same eventual outcome, as I said.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The whole traitor thing was an error. If it is Royland it makes little sense, but if it is Duncan it is just crazy stuff. I should've killed him out of plain stupidity, if not for treachery, but didn't. And Rodrik knows about the North Grove (which at this point I'm certain is a big red herring).

But hey, I thought it was amazing to decide which Forrester lives. I chose Rodrik. Like other posters said, Asher had kind of fulfilled his arc - estranged son who comes around for the sake of family and brings the means for its survival, including his own sacrifice.

Rodrik still has to unite the Forresters and its allies to ultimately defeat the Whitehills (and I hope this leads to the death of that apologizing little shit of a lady Gwyn they had to make Whitehills don't look so bad -- it makes me feel more hatred instead).[/spoiler]

Well finally caught up... am a bit disappointed with the episode. This time, it seemed exceptionally often that what the characters were saying was different from what was written in the chosen text option... I guess it all depends on the intonation and it was probably meant that way. But I was often wanting to say something else and then got annoyed when the character says something totally opposite to my intentions...

I know the problem has existed for all episodes and is probably the way the game is designed. Nevertheless I think it's quite annoying and made me replay the last save point. I was under the impression the other brother will become prisoner and thus chose Asher to stay behind as he's the way more interesting character to play. Also agree that them running into the trap after having been told about it was annoying. Actually, the whole logistics and logics of how many men they need and so on seems awfully illogical...

It seems like a similar problem the show has, wanting to pin down all those memorable moments and decisions and action sequences rather than letting them flow naturally from the plot (and thus having fewer of those events).

Still gonna play the last episode, but this one really disapointed me.

I am also in the camp with those who want our decisions to have more of an impact.
Many times, the three different answers that are available, are the same thing, and when the character speaks, he ends up saying all three things at once.
That is the only problem with the game.
For example, in episode 2, i acquired Lady Glenmore's hand in marriage and a friend of mine had to forge the letter to achieve the same. And another friend failed alltogether. But still, there are no differentiations in the story. It's not that Margaery found out and punished Mira, or something similar.

• 5 months later...

So I was late to the party in finishing the last episode.

Not a fantastic finale, but it appears that our choices will carry over to the second season. Hooray. In regards to Mira, looks like she will be playing the Sansa role after all. I begrudgingly gave into that asshole and said I would take his hand. ANd off goes Tom's head. Sorry, buddy. No happy ending for you. I'm looking forward to the moment when I can put a knife to my betrothed's neck, and end his 15 minutes of fame.

Beshka will be taking on the role of Osha as she rides off into the desolate North with Rickon jr (aka Ryon). Perhaps she'll be a PoV in the next series. Asher got pummeled by arrows and sword thrusts, but like a good Northman, he marches on (or rides away; however you wish to look at it). And I chose to go back south of the wall  with our deserter crow. That was a strange finale with the bastard Forresters. 

I'm wondering if Malcolm will be a playable character as he is now Dany's Jorah/Barristan. Not sure how quickly they will make their way back to the homeland. As for Asher, also not sure what his next move is. Does he stay in the North, or go South? WIll be interesting to see how that plays out since he is now as good as a NW deserter in the North.

In my game, Mira refused to marry that asshole. And she got a somewhat less happy ending than in your game - she lost her own head.

It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with such different possible endings in season 2.

Game of Thrones was the first game that I ever bought that I had to wait for installments to come out. I will not be doing that again. By the time a new episode came out, I had remembered the previous episode enough not to want to replay it, yet not well enough to catch everything that was going on. 

With good reviews for an entire season, I will buy Telltales completed works, but I am out on waiting from now on.

18 hours ago, AndrewJ said:

Hidden Content

It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with such different possible endings in season 2.

Damn... Didn't think that would be possible. I wonder if that could've been avoided with whom you allied yourself with?

18 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

Game of Thrones was the first game that I ever bought that I had to wait for installments to come out. I will not be doing that again. By the time a new episode came out, I had remembered the previous episode enough not to want to replay it, yet not well enough to catch everything that was going on. 

With good reviews for an entire season, I will buy Telltales completed works, but I am out on waiting from now on.

Yeah I found myself in a similar situation.  The game never enticed me so much to play it when it was released.  I always got into it about 2-4 weeks after the release.  I often found myself forgetting who I was allying with, or how I reacted to certain characters, so my responses throughout the season were surely inconsistent.

Archived