Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

Just finished. Pretty good episode.

I chose to forge the letter in Marg's name, refused to kiss the ring, won Rodrik's betrothal, stood up for Cotter, and killed the Lannister man. Rodrik coming back at the very beginning of the episode was shocking to me. Sj4iy pointed out his return, and he came back a lot sooner than I anticipated. The Wall was a better start than I thought it would be, and the playground bully already presented himself (though I think he's gonna turn into a Grenn-esque companion). I'm still pretty suspicious of Serra, and her attempts to get me to drink Cersei's wine is just telling me that Cersei gave her the wine to try and get me drunk so I could divulge plans. I'm also guessing that the little boy covered in soot is either working for LF or Varys. Asher is a pretty affable fella, and looks like he's headed towards Dany and dragons. I'm guessing he won't make it back to Ironrath until at least the penultimate episode (if not way later).

I've played Telltale's other series as well, but so far, none of them have made me feel like I fucked up bad as much as this one. I swear, everything I do just makes things worse for the characters. I try to be good, I really do my best, but it always ends up blowing up in my face. What stood out to me in particular was losing the betrothal to Elaena. I mean, it's clear they both love each other, how could I have messed up so bad that they end up breaking up? Why can't these two crazy kids just be happy?!

But hey, at least Rodrik's alive, so that's good. I guess. I hope my choices don't end up killing him for real.

And Asher was, um...interesting? I'm not a fan of any Essos POVs in the books, but Asher's parts were surprisingly cool.

I've played Telltale's other series as well, but so far, none of them have made me feel like I fucked up bad as much as this one. I swear, everything I do just makes things worse for the characters. I try to be good, I really do my best, but it always ends up blowing up in my face. What stood out to me in particular was losing the betrothal to Elaena. I mean, it's clear they both love each other, how could I have messed up so bad that they end up breaking up? Why can't these two crazy kids just be happy?!

But hey, at least Rodrik's alive, so that's good. I guess. I hope my choices don't end up killing him for real.

And Asher was, um...interesting? I'm not a fan of any Essos POVs in the books, but Asher's parts were surprisingly cool.

I keep thinking I fucked up too. There were a solid four or five choices I made that I cringed at shortly afterwards. I hope ditching the knife doesn't screw me but I don't think there is DNA labs in Westeros.

Wait, you can mess up the bethrotal?! How?!

I had Mira forge the letter in Margary's name urging the marriage to go through but then Elanae felt bad because she felt manipulated so I had Rodrik tell Eleana she didn't have to go through with it and then she chose stay anyway. I kinda figured the choice was only between a happy wife or a reluctant one, but that you were getting married either way.

Wait, you can mess up the bethrotal?! How?!

I had Mira forge the letter in Margary's name urging the marriage to go through but then Elanae felt bad because she felt manipulated so I had Rodrik tell Eleana she didn't have to go through with it and then she chose stay anyway. I kinda figured the choice was only between a happy wife or a reluctant one, but that you were getting married either way.

I did the same.

Just played through the episode! I'm assuming we're not using spoiler tags...

Choices:

1. Didn't Forge Letter - Figured a forgery from House Tyrell could be pretty easily found out. Was pretty funny when Serra talked about how she was hoping you'd be something more exciting.

2. Killed the Legion guy - I mean.....they're going to be mad no matter what. Heck, it wasn't even shown in the final choices.

3. Stood up for Cotter - More I was silent and didn't tell on him....

4. Drank wine with Serra - Unwisely, I honestly think she isn't a spy at the moment. She could be lying about her story, but I think she's just a friend now. Of course, that doesn't mean she'd spill her guts if Cersei arranged a marriage for her like she did with Bronn.

5. Got a marrage with Elaena - You have to offer half your ironwood in order to secure it. It doesn't specifically say that, but once she started talking about how her family had to be practical, I figured offering something was the only way to secure it.

6. Didn't kiss his ring - Rodrick's a lord. He can't just bow to every whim. What's next? He becomes Whitehill's pleasure servant? Plus, he'd look weak in front of Elaena. Felt good when she said she was glad he didn't do it.

7. Killed the Lannister guard - Guy was sent to kill me and the coal boy could be a valuable ally.

8. Tossed the knife - Actually thought about this. I'd rather keep it and throw it away somewhere better, but I don't know if I can do that later on. If they connect Mira with the knife left there, I figured I could play the innocent handmaiden routine and talk about how a handmaiden could possibly overpower a guard.

As far as storylines go, I'd say I enjoyed Rodrick's and Mira's story the best so far. I really like watching Rodrick's struggle (I also think he has the best voice actor) and Mira playing at politics. They've done a good job at the wall so far, and I thought having Jon talk about the red wedding with Gared was a really good addition. Asher seems cool, but he hasn't really had the chance to do much yet. Overall, I liked this episode better than the first one.

Just played through the episode! I'm assuming we're not using spoiler tags...

Choices:

1. Didn't Forge Letter - Figured a forgery from House Tyrell could be pretty easily found out. Was pretty funny when Serra talked about how she was hoping you'd be something more exciting.

2. Killed the Legion guy - I mean.....they're going to be mad no matter what. Heck, it wasn't even shown in the final choices.

3. Stood up for Cotter - More I was silent and didn't tell on him....

4. Drank wine with Serra - Unwisely, I honestly think she isn't a spy at the moment. She could be lying about her story, but I think she's just a friend now. Of course, that doesn't mean she'd spill her guts if Cersei arranged a marriage for her like she did with Bronn.

5. Got a marrage with Elaena - You have to offer half your ironwood in order to secure it. It doesn't specifically say that, but once she started talking about how her family had to be practical, I figured offering something was the only way to secure it.

6. Didn't kiss his ring - Rodrick's a lord. He can't just bow to every whim. What's next? He becomes Whitehill's pleasure servant? Plus, he'd look weak in front of Elaena. Felt good when she said she was glad he didn't do it.

7. Killed the Lannister guard - Guy was sent to kill me and the coal boy could be a valuable ally.

8. Tossed the knife - Actually thought about this. I'd rather keep it and throw it away somewhere better, but I don't know if I can do that later on. If they connect Mira with the knife left there, I figured I could play the innocent handmaiden routine and talk about how a handmaiden could possibly overpower a guard.

As far as storylines go, I'd say I enjoyed Rodrick's and Mira's story the best so far. I really like watching Rodrick's struggle (I also think he has the best voice actor) and Mira playing at politics. They've done a good job at the wall so far, and I thought having Jon talk about the red wedding with Gared was a really good addition. Asher seems cool, but he hasn't really had the chance to do much yet. Overall, I liked this episode better than the first one.

I kissed the ring. I felt if I didn't something horrible would happen to Royn.

And plus, Rodrik appearing to be weak could be surprisingly effective cover, for now.

Whitehill's actually in a really good position right now. According to Gwyn(who shows up if you don't kiss the ring), Ryon's starting to believe the bad things Whitehill says about his family. If he can have Rodrick assassinated and Ryon further brainwashed, he basically has a puppet Forrester lord.

Whitehill's actually in a really good position right now. According to Gwyn(who shows up if you don't kiss the ring), Ryon's starting to believe the bad things Whitehill says about his family. If he can have Rodrick assassinated and Ryon further brainwashed, he basically has a puppet Forrester lord.

God dammit. At least I secured the marriage with Elaena, hopefully that works out.

It was great. I think i really failed as Rodrick, i lost the betrothal and as Mira i told Tyrion to get all the Ironwood from us. But right now we have no men and if hostilities break we seem doomed.

I loved the "Jon Snow knows nothing" notification.

It was great. I think i really failed as Rodrick, i lost the betrothal and as Mira i told Tyrion to get all the Ironwood from us. But right now we have no men and if hostilities break we seem doomed.

I loved the "Jon Snow knows nothing" notification.

What!? How!?

Well that's good to know. I didn't forge the letter, I thought Rodrick could handle the marriage, and it would just get Mira into trouble. I was wrong. I screwed up the marriage and lost all the ironwood to the Whitehills. If I continue like this, House Forrester will not survive long.

Btw, I loved Talia's song at the end. It was a nice addition.

I wonder how you can win Elaena without forging the letter.

Just be nice to her and then offer Ironwood in exchange for the alliance.

I refused to kiss the ring, Roddy's a bloody lord, you can't go around kissing that chubby pricks ring.

Also dick move Jon Snow, telling me not to get in fights with other recruits when you threatened to murder Rast

I refused to kiss the ring, Roddy's a bloody lord, you can't go around kissing that chubby pricks ring.

Also dick move Jon Snow, telling me not to get in fights with other recruits when you threatened to murder Rast

Will the betrothal continue even after Whitehill takes the other half of the Ironwood?

I refused to kiss the ring, Roddy's a bloody lord, you can't go around kissing that chubby pricks ring.t

Yeah I did both these as well

Enjoyed the ep a lot, liked Asher def think the uncle will die next ep

Archived