TTNE 445: Mucho mucho ice cream in su trucky-trailer?

Grand Moff Mithrandir

I was not entirely serious with the "calming down" part. ;)

I agree about the lack of the plot, actually, and I dislike the splitting into two films too. But there were some good scenes, I think Katniss' psychological state was well developed, I like that Coin character too. And the scene with the singing was great.

The film did not drag for me at all.

I also had a great company of a friend that I have not had a long chat with for a long time, so all in all a pleasant afternoon. :)

I agree that Jennifer Lawrence pulled of the nervous wreck Katniss pretty well. Also :bowdown: to the makeup artist who worked on Peeta and Joanna. The singing scene was nice indeed.

That sounds great :)

Okay I didn't sleep, got into a brief spat on facebook and I was called a vulgar word which pissed a few of my lady friends off

Whoever has me added on Facebook, please check out the latest post on my timeline....

I'm just going to sit in the corner... not sleeping

Nym.... I just want the best for you! I'm pretty confused with your decisions, but I respect them... just please get better!

Lany just saw, it is lovely!

Helena, dear make it if you can.... if you can't don't stress. And yes dear it would be a date ;)

Also, where is my mother!? :uhoh:

Daughter!

I've been busy making jewelry :devil:

Way out. In the water see her swimming [emoji3]

Here, sweet child, I have made a necklace just for you

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g7_MvzY6vPc/U1CqIbQ4M9I/AAAAAAAAEUU/pIQaoBfqJqk/s1600/Screen+shot+2014-04-17+at+12.10.04+PM.png

Hello my king :kiss: I have missed you dearly........... how is your back these days?

Hello friend of Nym, nice to meet you! I'm Cora....... my handle will likely change again, so I want you to know my name now and minimize any future confusion

How are you? hope you enjoy the boards and our little spamily :)

when did you start watching GoT or start reading asoiaf...... what do you like more? favorite characters?

No, Edulcorated. You're Edulcorated [emoji15]

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

I am cutting out book marks for the next time we have indoor recess. I have all this card stock that I have never used for anything. Might as well put it to good use. I have 240 of them :lol: Next I next I need to cut the strings for the tassels. I need to find a way to make them without the needle.

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

I am cutting out book marks for the next time we have indoor recess. I have all this card stock that I have never used for anything. Might as well put it to good use. I have 240 of them :lol: Next I next I need to cut the strings for the tassels. I need to find a way to make them without the needle.

Perhaps use a crochet needle instead of a needle? I found this tutorial, it might work with a crochet needle (Step 6)

Morning!

If you didn't get it:

Spoiler
The newsreader is called Jon Sow...har har :drool: :ninja:

If you've already seen this 1000000 times:

Spoiler
Sorry

I was watching channel 4 when that happened! And it happened multiple times... LOL

And the name is no co-incidence I bet ;)

Home. Bed after 27 hrs without sleep.

I hate my neighbors. I hope my patience with youth lasts the weekend. My fingers are crossed that the parents are home next door all weekend and the guy above pulled weekend duty.

I have heard mixed reviews. From what I have read on the thread in the Entertainment sub-forum, quite a few liked it (I believe GMM said he enjoyed it too) and there were some particular stand-out scenes that were not *technically* in the book due to the first-person POV system used, for example (film spoilers)

the raid to get Peeta back from the Capital. That is apparently shown on screen, though some people criticised it because it is cut with Finnick's "secrets" speech, which may have taken that moment away from him slightly

I have not seen the film myself yet, I will either wait until I go home or, more likely, wait until it is out on DVD. I also refuse to go see the Hobbit, after the atrocity that is the second film

ETA: I will say that despite being something of a book purist I rather enjoyed the HG films. Maybe it is because the source material is not the best written stuff and so I did not feel so bad when they were not entirely true to it? :dunno:

Also, can someone explain the Phillip Seymour Hoffman stuff to me? Had he already finished all of his scenes before, he, well, died?

I doubt I'll hate it but I'm not expecting it to be as good as the first two.

He had two scenes left to film, but they changed those, so he wouldn't appear in them. They considered using a digital model of Hoffman but thought that wouldn't do justice to his performance (which I agree with).

Yeah, my sister was fangirling over it too :D

I read the books yeah, though I have to say I already forgot most of the details.

I truly loathe the idea of splitting the last volume of book series into two movies. I believe the trend started with Twilight when they split the last book into two. And of course to keep up with the blockbuster revenues HP had to do the same. With these two, nothing saved Divergent and HG from a 4-parts adaptation.

I personally don't think the split was justified in this case. I checked my watch three times during this movie to see how much is left. It was unduly slow and imo they didn't even use the extra time well. HP 7 part 1 managed to pull off the slow, dark, tension building, calm before the storm atmosphere. I didn't see the same in this case. Maybe I'm just too critical :D

I'm really curious what you will think of it when you watch it. Let me know of your opinion by all means :D

I'm not sure why this is spoiler... just to be safe I guess... :dunno:

Maybe that would be a good idea for you too...?

There was nothing wrong with the creepy and pessimistic thing. Those were the good parts. What I disliked was the long and slow filler scenes that kept breaking the tension building. It was a shame that with 2 hours for a 1-hour plot they didn't manage to give decent amount of screen time to characters like Finnick or even Cressida (who was just THERE. Natalie Dormer has more potential, imo, than to be just there)... :dunno: This is just my opinion.

In fact, I don't remember very much from the books and I agree it isn't the best written piece. If they want to double the revenues on Mockingjay, so be it. What I disliked

is that I sat there for 2 hours and I left with the feeling that this movie did nothing for me. No major plot, no great characters, no dark tension (that would make me say OMG I WANT THE NEXT ONE NOW), no heart ache for the rebels, no nothing... :dunno:

HP was the first to use the split IIRC. They made excellent use of it too.

I'll let you know my thoughts :)

HP was the first to use the split IIRC. They made excellent use of it too.

I dislike all the HP movies. And do not think the split brought any good at all there. (Order of the Phoenix is longer than Deathly Hallows, and they kept that in one piece ... I am not saying that any of them are good movies, but I am saying it was unnecessary to split them.)

I dislike all the HP movies. And do not think the split brought any good at all there. (Order of the Phoenix is longer than Deathly Hallows, and they kept that in one piece ... I am not saying that any of them are good movies, but I am saying it was unnecessary to split them.)

Well, each to their own.

You sound like you've seen them all. Why did you keep watching if you disliked all the earlier ones?

Well, each to their own.

You sound like you've seen them all. Why did you keep watching if you disliked all the earlier ones?

I did not dislike them enough to stop loving HP altogether. Those books were what I grew up with! ;)

EDIT: And they have good scenes too. I just think they are bad with handling the story from the books. They missed a lot of important information, and the last few only really make sense if somebody has read the books.

I did not dislike them enough to stop loving HP altogether. Those books were what I grew up with! ;)

EDIT: And they have good scenes too. I just think they are bad with handling the story from the books. They missed a lot of important information, and the last few only really make sense if somebody has read the books.

I agree that the books are better, I think the movies are fun too though.

There's no denying that they missed a LOT of information in the second half of the series. There were gaps before that but it's even worse at the end.

I like the first two best. Ricvhard harris Dumbledore is love

The first two are my least favorite. Harris was good though.

Archived