Season 5 Trailers

paulh_85

I'm of two minds RE: Aegon's involvement. On one hand, they could simply be holding him back until season 6. Which, given how little impact he really has in ADWD, would make sense. On the other hand, simply replacing him with Dany would make the whole Varys/Illyrio conundrum infinitely simpler.

Varys is a liar though, so, you never know why he is telling Tyrion that. We can hope Griff is still there!

Well, Griff doesn't have to be part of the series for Varys to lie or mislead Tyrion.

The fact that Arianne hasn't been cast should tell you everything you need to know about fAegon on the show. If she really marries him in TWOW only for Dany to 'slay the lies' by exposing him as a Blackfyre and if Dany then gets the throne anyway, there is really no need for that extra subplot to be in the show other than to add some more artifical convoluted conflict. Arianne is only really a focus in the books because Doran is most likely going to marry her to fAegon and it gives us more of a parallel to Sansa. If fAegon ends up being just nother obstacle for Dany then you can remove him and all the other stuff connected to him if the end result is going to be Dany sitting on the damn Iron Throne anyway. I also think it's best for the show to focus on the main characters we already know going forward. This may also be why Victarion and Euron have not been cast: their connection to the Dany storyline is the only thing that we have right now and if that one changes maybe there is no need for the Ironborn subplot at all on the show to get where the story needs to go.

I really won't be surprised if Griff is cut, it feels very typical of the show to do.

There's not much show of the ironborn either from what I can tell, not that I'm particularly bothered.

But yeah, I think it's not surprising if Griff is cut, he hasn't had much impact in the book and obviously what Varys said too. It just doesn't seem like the kind of character that the show would want to include. I think maybe the show-only watchers maybe just wouldn't understand who is us/wouldn't really care, so I think they probably see it best to leave him out.

Maybe if George writes him as having a bigger impact in the books later on then maybe they'll add him into a later season but I don't know, it doesn't feel very likely.

The fact that Arianne hasn't been cast should tell you everything you need to know about fAegon on the show. If she really marries him in TWOW only for Dany to 'slay the lies' by exposing him as a Blackfyre and if Dany then gets the throne anyway, there is really no need for that extra subplot to be in the show other than to add some more artifical convoluted conflict.

I kind of feel like we can't really rely on that, Lady Stoneheart wasn't in the show yet she clearly has a big impact on the plot with the whole Jamie and Brienne thing.

But lets say that in the books Jaime is killed by Stoneheart and then the latter gets killed by Brienne and that's basically her whole contribution to the story, you could very well have Jaime die in a different way on the show so he could be a stand-in for Oakheart. I don't think we'll get Stoneheart on the show.

Well, duh.

Well the season four trailer was edited in a way that it made it sound like Jaime was sending Brienne to find Arya and not Sansa. It's a stretch to believe so but it isn't impossible Varys and Tyrion's lines in the trailer are two non-sequential parts of the conversation. Or even two different scenes edited together to look like the same scene in the trailer. Although those things are highly unlikely. I doubt an Aegon casting could be kept secret and why introduce him later than season five if he's important?

Hey!

Long time no see, back for the season, hu? :D

The trailer, at first I was meh about it but after watching it a few times I've gotten more exited, I definitely can't wait for the season to start.

Yes, I'm back!

I'm also excited and mostly scared because you can really tell we're going in uncharted territory. April can't come soon enough :P

Re lack of LSH: I now have this theory that Sansa will be taking her role in some ways. In the trailer LF talks to her about vengeance, and we know from the spoilers

that Brienne&Pod were in the Vale

Obviously, it changes everything, but it would still make sense in the context of the show I guess.

Jaime in the Sept.

Cersei in a palanquin, looking at Jaime.

Boats rowing to a village in the North. Looks like Hardhome, possibly.

Bronn drawing a sword.

BRAZEN BEASTS!

Little Finger schooling Sansa. Avenge them!

A Lady who knows how to use a whip! Sandsnakes!

A shot of Sunspear?

Wildlings heading into the water.

A woman cutting her thumb. - Isn't this Young Cersei?

Tommen and Margaery. Standing in the Great Sept of Baelor. With a Septon behind them…

Wildlings marching.

Varys and Tyrion together. Varys giving advice.

Jon Snow.

Sansa taking a bath? She looks really, really worried!

Wildlings at a closed fort gate.

Dany “I’m not going to stop the wheel, I’m going to break the wheel”.

Ser Jorah fighting

Cersei looking at what appears to be a Jack Snake in the Box?

Cersei “That little monster is out there, somewhere drawing breath”.

Melisandre and fire, lots of fire.

Bearded Tyrion!

Jon Snow rallying the troops “With me!”.

Jaime is Dorne and a beautiful woman turning.

Lady Olenna! “They’ll never even find what’s left of you”.

Another shot of a Brazen Beast.

Bronn and Jaime fighting a mounted Dornishman.

Arya in front of the House of Black and White!

Arya picking up Needle.

A mounted group of House Aryn men.

Varys: “The Seven Kingdoms needs a ruler loved by millions with a powerful army and the right family name”.

Tyrion: “Good luck finding him”.

Varys: “Who said anything about him”.

Dany looking at a big dragon breathing fire!

People in boats being dragged down by arms from the water.

Missandei kissing Grey Worm!

Gladiator fight in Daznak’s Pit with Dany in her white dress, in the background.

Melisandre disrobing.

Unsullied with Dany, Daario and Barristan in tow.

Another shot of Dorne.

A Wildling with a big axe.

More Brazen Beasts!

Chaos in Daznak’s Pit with Dany and her entourage being protected by the Unsullied.

The fall of the Harpy!

Yes, I'm back!

I'm also excited and mostly scared because you can really tell we're going in uncharted territory. April can't come soon enough :P

Re lack of LSH: I now have this theory that Sansa will be taking her role in some ways. In the trailer LF talks to her about vengeance, and we know from the spoilers

that Brienne&Pod were in the Vale

Obviously, it changes everything, but it would still make sense in the context of the show I guess.

Glad to see you then!

I know, it's kind of weird because I feel that they are changing more of the story this season in order to streamline the story. It's hard because we know the books so well and there is a rhyme and reason for how things happen and now we don't even know why they are making the changes that they are making.

These are the times you have to remind yourself the show is not the books.

Interesting leak, seems accurate. The leak has been revealed already in october and it has the Varys quote exactly how it is in the trailer.

Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/Stannisswagatheon/posts/814624378577731

yeah, quite a few seem accurate according to the trailer so we can probably guess all of them are true. So many spoiler leaks this year.

Archived