These are the Undisputed Reasons why Jaime is less than scum

House Obama

I agree. Jaime simply did it for Cersei, and violated Guest's rights in the process.

Again. Why doesn't anyone tell this guy that Jaime didn't violate guest right, because it happened at Winterfell, not Casterly Rock?

Again. Why doesn't anyone tell this guy that Jaime didn't violate guest right, because it happened at Winterfell, not Casterly Rock?

I don't really have much interest in this other than to clear this one point up. Jaime did violate Guest Rights when he tried to kill Bran. Guest Rights are a two-way street.

The guest right is a sacred law of hospitality. When a guest, be he common born or noble, eats the food and drinks the drink off a host's table beneath the host's roof, the guest right is invoked. Bread and salt are the traditional provisions.

When invoked, neither the guest can harm his host nor the host harm his guest for the length of the guest's stay.[1] For either to do so would be to break a sacred covenant that is believed to invoke the wrath of the Gods both old and new. Both the teachings of the old gods and the Faith of the Seven hold to this. Even robber lords and wreckers are bound by the ancient laws of hospitality. [2]

(Emphasis mine)

Archived