What are you listening to? Vol XVII: Fragments of the past flash before my eyes

Ferrum Aeternum

Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors

Low - Just Like Christmas

Idlewild - There's Glory In Your Story

Loooove that song.

I do like Eels a lot, particularly the way that even though there's usually a lot of depressing things happening in their songs E still manages the occasional moment of hope or optimism, perhaps best illustrated by the contrast between the verses and chorus in Susan's House.

williamjm - have you by chance heard any of the solo albums from the Doves guys? I saw that Jimi did a solo record and the brothers maybe did one too, but I haven't heard any of it yet.

No I haven't heard Jimi's solo album yet. I did think I should give it a try because I do like Doves a lot, but then forgot about it.

Circling back just a moment to Pig Destroyer, I have to ask: are they supposed to be folks that destroy pigs, or are they pigs that destroy other stuff?

Well, I wouldn't call then folks, more like a huge grinding, mauling machine of some sort... but yes, definitely the destroyer-of-pigs (and anything else) take on the name.

For your edification, and listening pleasure, Trisk

Don't worry Trisk. Despite the Scarlet Crustacean's woefully misleading description, Pig Destroyer are a Portland based brother and sister duo who folk-inspired indie rock akin to Neutral Milk Hotel and with some hints of 80's style synth-pop. The name Pig Destroyer comes from the fact that they run a full vegan, bacon shop in Portland in their off-time. It's like totally ironic.

You'll be safe if you click that link.

I'm actually listening to A Dance With Dragons audiobook read by Roy Dotrice. It's been a marathon- each book is about 32 hours of listening. But I can't stop. It's fascinating. I read the books a few years ago but listening to them is a whole different experience. My hubby is getting annoyed because I have my earbuds in every time he wants to talk to me.

I'm actually listening to A Dance With Dragons audiobook read by Roy Dotrice. It's been a marathon- each book is about 32 hours of listening. But I can't stop. It's fascinating. I read the books a few years ago but listening to them is a whole different experience. My hubby is getting annoyed because I have my earbuds in every time he wants to talk to me.

I like listening to the audiobooks as well. =o)

Alcest - Printemps Emeraude

Archived