Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

I began a game as Stannis during the "Crowned Stag" era yesterday, and have the following issues if someone could help me out?

• Due to a lack of brides which would lead to a decent alliance I have tried to go to for Arianne Martell to which the Martells suprisingly agree. After waiting for 6 years or the Martells then always call of the marriage as it would mean Dorne passing to a Baratheon child. Is there anyway around this?
  • I try to have Renly assasinated but nobody ever really seems keen. Is there a way to persuade people as bribery doesn't seem to work.
  • Driftmark always rises against me so I have to put the lord in prison and in turn his son. I become hated but at least inherit Driftmark
  • Renly ends up rising against me, Robert refuses to help, I die with no heir.

Can anyone give me any pointers for getting started with Stannis during this time.

Thanks,

I began a game as Stannis during the "Crowned Stag" era yesterday, and have the following issues if someone could help me out?

• Due to a lack of bridges which would lead to a decent alliance I have tried to go to for Arianne Martell to which the Martells suprisingly agree. After waiting for 6 years or the Martells then always call of the marriage as it would mean Dorne passing to a Baratheon child. Is there anyway around this?

I try to have Renly assasinated but nobody ever really seems keen. Is there a way to persuade people as bribery doesn't seem to work.

Driftmark always rises against me so I have to put the lord in prison and in turn his son. I become hated but at least inherit Driftmark

Renly ends up rising against me, Robert refuses to help, I die with no heir.

Can anyone give me any pointers for getting started with Stannis during this time.

Thanks,

Well, my advice is going to be centered around the historical game instead of the mod, which I've only played two or three times, but hopefully it helps.

• Probably not. When the women is an heir in her own right, she will want to continue the family name. It is a number's game, but typically you need to have a superior title to get them agree to let the inheritance fall out of the family. In the base game, I usually marry my second sons off to countesses.

Once again, probably not. This mechanism has changed with expansions and patch updates, but to avoid making the assassination action to powerful it requires the target to otherwise be vulnerable. I'm guessing Renly has high diplomacy which means a lot of people like him and there isn't much you can do to influence that. The other option is related to the mod itself. You might get an event, I can't recall if its random, where the faceless men offer to kill someone for you. They'll succeed, but the price might be high.

You should be able to strip Driftmark from that family, though it does require he rebel and you defeat and imprison him. This lets you take away one title without penalty, which you should then give to a vassal that likes you. Or just keep it for your self because you can. Be sure to be checking out the relationship modifiers. They might tell you why Driftmark (or rather Lord Driftmark) is more prone to rebel. It probably has to do with land. Or, the son rebelled because you were 'mean' to his father. Keep in mind your stewardship rating limits the number of "holdings" you can have. Every holding above the limit causes a -10 relationship penalty with all vassals.

This is a tough one. You can try to game the military situation, but I recall the mod being some brutal in regards to troop numbers. Perhaps your only bet is to find a marriage alliance with another strong party, but I'm not sure who that could be. It will require an actual marriage, not just a betrothal. Then, that ally would be honor bound to come to your aid in case of war.

Is Asha born yet? If she is, than you can make a betrothal with her. After you're married, you just need to assassinate a few people and you'll have the Iron Islands.

Is Asha born yet? If she is, than you can make a betrothal with her. After you're married, you just need to assassinate a few people and you'll have the Iron Islands.

Have you actually done that? Assassinations are highly finicky in CK2, I've always found.

Have you actually done that? Assassinations are highly finicky in CK2, I've always found.

Good point. It is a bloody shame they made it so you can only kill people via nefarious plots. Much more simpler back when you could just click the "assassinate" button next to someone's name and send hired blades in exchange for some money.

Good point. It is a bloody shame they made it so you can only kill people via nefarious plots. Much more simpler back when you could just click the "assassinate" button next to someone's name and send hired blades in exchange for some money.

And if your character is a semidecent person and the other guy is also, it's impossible. You can't get anyone to join you in a plot. Used to be it was guaranteed success if you tried to kill kids 7 and under, but they got rid of that too.

And I've forgotten, you'll never be able to marry Asha if you're not IB. The mod has never, ever allowed followers of the Old Gods or Seven to intermarry with the IB. True to the books but extremely annoying.

Well, there is some good news. I remember seeing a mod somewhere that returns the basic "assassinate" diplomacy option to the game. I don't know if it works for this mod too, but I am sure it works for the base game.

There's an event for a free assassination on Renly, but I don't know if it works outside of the Clash of Kings start. Stannis has to be a Red God convert at any rate. Basically I think that them nerfing assassination was a good thing. It was used too much before and almost made the game rely on it.

There's an event for a free assassination on Renly, but I don't know if it works outside of the Clash of Kings start. Stannis has to be a Red God convert at any rate. Basically I think that them nerfing assassination was a good thing. It was used too much before and almost made the game rely on it.

Needing it made the game less plausible. In real life, people hired assassins to kill their enemies all the time. The Middle Ages were full of assassinations, most of which were carried out not by Brutus-styled plots but instead by catspaws with knives.

If you have a child character and can survive assassinations, you get a nice bonus of piety and some pretty hilarious narrative as well!

They should make it so that if a paranoid character survives an assassination attempt, he has a narrative along the lines of "I knew it! Everyone really is out to get me!".

In my latest game my first wife(of house Royce) passed away after giving me two children and I'm now betrothed to Margery Tyrell. The thing is Robert has made me Hand of the King but what exactly does that entail? What extra powers does it give you? Seeing as I'm next in line and he still has no surviving kids I should try to have him killed.

In my latest game my first wife(of house Royce) passed away after giving me two children and I'm now betrothed to Margery Tyrell. The thing is Robert has made me Hand of the King but what exactly does that entail? What extra powers does it give you? Seeing as I'm next in line and he still has no surviving kids I should try to have him killed.

This is playing as Stannis?

I'm having a hard time imagining Stannis and Margaery being married. Do you think they'd get along?

Don't worry about your next move; you're doomed anyway. :)

Archived