Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

I'm thinking Wot5K/Robert's Rebellion, where each person gets to control a Lord Paramount? (Or king)

We really should make this happen. :)

None of us can play renly, since the stannis player gets to murder him 10 seconds in, and if 2 players paly the same dude, it crashes the game

None of us can play Dany, she has too many events

So that leaves us with Robb,Balon,Stannis and Joff and their bannermen

None of us can play renly, since the stannis player gets to murder him 10 seconds in, and if 2 players paly the same dude, it crashes the game

Who says the Stannis player gets to murder Renly in the game? Maybe Renly has Stannis assassinated on Dragonstone. Muahaha!!

I had an amazing game playing as robb stark. Where everything basically went "right".

Straight off the bat The Vale declared for The North. That gave me great joy. Then, instead of attacking The North, Balon went with Theons plan and attacked The Westerlands, giving me the Greyjoys.

Over the next months my armies crushed the Lannister armies, the Ironborn pillaged the Western coasts, and the Knights of The Vale beat back Jofferies armies. In a battle near Harrenhall, Robb slew Tywin in personal combat. With the Lannisters firmly beaten in The Riverlands, i began the march on Kings landing.

Meanwhile in the south, Stannis Baratheon chose not to listen to the Red Woman, and instead stood alongside his brother against the Lannisters.

With Robb's armies unnaposed. We marched on Kings landing which quickey surrendered. Allowing all the Lannisters to be imprissoned. Robb himself swung Ice to behead Cersei and Joffery, avenging his father. The other children were left alive, and Tyrion was allowed his head, and remained ruler of Casterly Rock and the Westerlands. Robb and his armies left Kings landing and The Iron Throne to whoever claims it first.

With The North independent, consisting of the North, the Riverlands, and the Vale, King Robb Stark declared a war for the Dawn to destroy the Others, at the advice of his half brother.

All in all it ended well.

Yeah. If you can go into the religion file and make it so you can intermarry different religions. It doesn't make sense that Drowned God people can only marry Drowned God People, and the Old Gods can't marry the Seven and stuff.

documents/paraodox interactive/crusaker kings II/mod/a game of thrones/common/religions/00_religions.txt

Alternatively, you can have your heir's guardian be someone with the faith of the seven, so they might just convert, and then be able to intermarry, but of course all your drowned god vassals would hate you. :(

Here's an example of the information for the seven.

See where it says intermarry = other religion names here? You just add that part to all the religions you want to be able to intermarry. You can also do all the essosi religions if you want, but I never got around to it. I hope they fix that in the next release though.

Old Gods people can marry people of the Faith, as Robb I married Marg.

Old Gods people can marry people of the Faith, as Robb I married Marg.

Yeah, because the old gods and the Fot7 are in the same religion group (westerosi), the problem is that the Drowned god isn't, so the Ironborn can't marry any mainlanders.

Plus Dorne? I haven't played wot5k as much as aegons conquest, dance, or blackfyre's. But, do Tywin's westerlands and The Reach already start out as loyal to the IT or can you choose a different side when you start with them?

Plus Dorne? I haven't played wot5k as much as aegons conquest, dance, or blackfyre's. But, do Tywin's westerlands and The Reach already start out as loyal to the IT or can you choose a different side when you start with them?

The Tyrells start with Renly, but he usually dosen't survive, so they switch sides to the Lannisters (I think they can pick Stannis though).

Tywin Starts on the side of Joff, and I doubt he can switch.

Yeah, because the old gods and the Fot7 are in the same religion group (westerosi), the problem is that the Drowned god isn't, so the Ironborn can't marry any mainlanders.

Oh, ok. I guess I'm misremembering.

does the command intermarry = essos_group or intermarry = westerosi_group work in the 00_religions.txt file?

I guess we could have a Renly player, but only if he decalres for stannis (or the other way around)

I was just trying to think of a scenario after the death of dragons, because if one player gets dragons, then they are way OP.

Maybe some other scenario would work better? Any suggestions?

The Tyrells start with Renly, but he usually dosen't survive, so they switch sides to the Lannisters (I think they can pick Stannis though).

Tywin Starts on the side of Joff, and I doubt he can switch.

One time I played Robb, but without marrying Marg, I distracted the Lannisters enough to Stannis siege KL and capture Joffrey.

I didn't kneel and fought Stannis (which now had the Reach), when hope was lost...

Tywin: "Dear Robb, may the gods bless your house, I decided that your cause was just enough, I will take arms for you"

I regret not taking a SS.

In my opinion, the Feast scenario is more interesting, but it is a bit more hectic

In that scenario we have:

Euron,Aegon,Stannis,Tommen,Cersei,Littlefinger,Robert Arryn, Roose Bolton,Jon Snow, Mace Tyrell, Doran Martell and Aurane Waters, And The leader of Lys since he has Edric in his court.

Plus the bleeding years is Fairly Balanced if no one picks Aegon.

In my opinion, the Feast scenario is more interesting, but it is a bit more hectic

In that scenario we have:

Euron,Aegon,Stannis,Tommen,Cersei,Littlefinger,Robert Arryn, Roose Bolton,Jon Snow, Mace Tyrell, Doran Martell and Aurane Waters, And The leader of Lys since he has Edric in his court.

Plus the bleeding years is Fairly Balanced if no one picks Aegon.

True. I'm leaning more towards Feast. Anyone else got preferences/objections? (Though if anyone hasn't read up to aDwD, Feast has spoilers, and we can do Bleeding Years instead.)

Awesome! How'd you do that?

I made house cards relevant to the rebellion. I bought a second board game and used the Greyjoy pieces to make Targeryen with some red nail polish as stripes. House Arryn I used stark pieces with sky blue nail polish as stripes. House Tully I used Lannister pieces and used dark blue polish for stripes.

I made it 4 on 4 with the greyjoys as a wildcard. House Baratheon, Stark, Tully, and Arryn are one team. House Targeryen, house Tyrell, house Martell, and House Lannister are the other team.

The goal is to take r hold Kings landing and kill the opposing king.

I had an amazing game playing as robb stark. Where everything basically went "right".

Straight off the bat The Vale declared for The North. That gave me great joy. Then, instead of attacking The North, Balon went with Theons plan and attacked The Westerlands, giving me the Greyjoys.

Over the next months my armies crushed the Lannister armies, the Ironborn pillaged the Western coasts, and the Knights of The Vale beat back Jofferies armies. In a battle near Harrenhall, Robb slew Tywin in personal combat. With the Lannisters firmly beaten in The Riverlands, i began the march on Kings landing.

Meanwhile in the south, Stannis Baratheon chose not to listen to the Red Woman, and instead stood alongside his brother against the Lannisters.

With Robb's armies unnaposed. We marched on Kings landing which quickey surrendered. Allowing all the Lannisters to be imprissoned. Robb himself swung Ice to behead Cersei and Joffery, avenging his father. The other children were left alive, and Tyrion was allowed his head, and remained ruler of Casterly Rock and the Westerlands. Robb and his armies left Kings landing and The Iron Throne to whoever claims it first.

With The North independent, consisting of the North, the Riverlands, and the Vale, King Robb Stark declared a war for the Dawn to destroy the Others, at the advice of his half brother.

All in all it ended well.

Awesome!!!!

I made house cards relevant to the rebellion. I bought a second board game and used the Greyjoy pieces to make Targeryen with some red nail polish as stripes. House Arryn I used stark pieces with sky blue nail polish as stripes. House Tully I used Lannister pieces and used dark blue polish for stripes.

I made it 4 on 4 with the greyjoys as a wildcard. House Baratheon, Stark, Tully, and Arryn are one team. House Targeryen, house Tyrell, house Martell, and House Lannister are the other team.

The goal is to take r hold Kings landing and kill the opposing king.

Cool!

I haven't played that much yet, but I bought CK2 specifically for the Game Of Thrones mod. I still have to learn a lot, but I am completely hooked.

I'm playing as Littlefinger in AFFC. I've decided to secretly betroth myself to Sansa and focus on the Riverlands. As his regent I decided to take some liberties regarding my recompense from Robert Arryn's treasure chamber. Robert Arryn's education was "unfortunately" very bad and now a complete idiot, with every trait on 0, sits at the Eyrie and has to struggle with his vassals.

When Sansa was 16 I married her, to produce some attractive/genius offspring. Unfortunately the reveal of Sansa Stark strained the relationship to King Tommen somewhat, but he was kind enough to grant me the Lordship of the Riverlands anyways, although he only gave me a small part of its vassals.

About that time Daenerys started her invasion of Westeros (she didn't even go to Meereen as far as I can tell) and as a good strategist I decided to let those guys fight for a while. The warscore slightly tipped in favor of Daenerys, so I offered to join the war and pledged fealty to her. Slightly after that Tommen was killed and King's Landing taken. I was assigned Hand of the King, which gave me the joy to lead the process against Cersei which ended in her execution after a passionate accusal of mine. Also I was given the choice by Daenerys on what to do with Stokeworth after Lord Bronn lead a hopeless rebellion against the throne. Under mysterious circumstances the rule of Stokeworth now falls in the hands of Petyr Baelish.

I have now united the Riverlands under my rule and plan to use my claim to the North (Sansa) soon.

Some questions:

- What can you do against child mortality? I had male twins by Sansa (one was a genius) and both died - one from pneunomia and the other of something else :(

- Can a child inherit both attractive and genius? Of my four children so far, two had genius and none attractive

- My heir is a genius and I'm currenty educating him at the Twins by Lame Lothar Frey (a grey eminence I think). Is it better to educate him by myself (Elusive Shadow)? Does learning have an effect on the child's education like the tooltip claims? Arumba didn't say so in his tutorial I think.

- Is it worth to try and claim the High Lordships of your vassals? One of them will die soon without an heir. Can I keep a High Lordship of a location after giving the castle/lordship itself away to one of my vassals?

- Is there a way to gain piety quick? I can only start my claim against the North with 100 piety (Ramsay is fighting against heretics - Stannis I assume).

- My relation to Daenerys is extremly good (+100). At some point Littlefinger should obviously start trying to get on the IT himself. How much would a Faceless Man cost to kill Daenerys and how can I get my dynasty in line of succession for the throne?

Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated! :)

Archived