SPOILERS - The New Bakker Story (or the first half anyways)

bakkerfans

R. Scott Bakker has a new story coming out in Grimdark Magazine! The first half of the story will be published on Jan 1 and the second half will come out in the April 1 edition. Spoilers! This is the thread for talking about the story!

ORIGINAL TOPIC: Adrian Collins, founder of Grimdark Magazine, will be telling readers how to access an excerpt from Bakker's new story! Check his twitter account (https://twitter.com/AdrianGdMag) on Tuesday, December 9th at 10:30 PM US eastern time. If you sign up for Grimdark's mailing list, you will receive the excerpt next week!

Adrian Collins, founder of Grimdark Magazine, will be telling readers how to access an excerpt from Bakker's new story! Check his twitter account (https://twitter.com/AdrianGdMag) on Tuesday, December 9th at 10:30 PM US eastern time. If you sign up for Grimdark's mailing list, you will receive the excerpt next week!

Thanks for the heads up! Curious to see what this story will reveal..

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but in the meantime I'll be happy if the new excerpt puts to rest the idle speculation as to the color of the cunuroi's seed.

Since the story is set in Carythusal on the eve of the Scholastic Wars I doubt that we will find the answer to that seminal question.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but in the meantime I'll be happy if the new excerpt puts to rest the idle speculation as to the color of the cunuroi's seed.

I think the Scarlett Spires/Shir/other stuff around that could be a rich vein for even more stories. I like the magical/political junction a lot.

Well, Bakker wouldn't use short words and terms people outside like, sologdin there would understand. Although, you know, coming onto a form and naming yourself Bakkerfan, and having your only post be abot some magazine no one has heard of, not exactly subtle.

Strill trying to get my mind around a magazine named GrimDark on purpose. That isn't 40k related.

Well, Bakker wouldn't use short words and terms people outside like, sologdin there would understand. Although, you know, coming onto a form and naming yourself Bakkerfan, and having your only post be abot some magazine no one has heard of, not exactly subtle. Strill trying to get my mind around a magazine named GrimDark on purpose. That isn't 40k related.

I need to read 40k, any suggestions for a beginner?

Archived