Small Questions v.10093

Jon Weirgaryen

What should we make of Petyr telling Sansa he sent to Braavos forvthe jousting dwarves and Penny telling Tyrion Littlefinger's man contracted them in Pentos?

1) Usually conniving of some kind from LF.

2) LF's man was better informed as to where the troop of jousting dwarves was/could be reached and went to the right place to procure them.

3) Something else.

But the George calls attention to the difference. He doesn't need to do that to showvthey move around. We got that directly from Penny. At least we know Petyr wasn't lying about contracting them since Penny confirms thait was Petyr's man. But why would he tell Sansa Braavos?

But the George calls attention to the difference. He doesn't need to do that to showvthey move around. We got that directly from Penny. At least we know Petyr wasn't lying about contracting them since Penny confirms thait was Petyr's man. But why would he tell Sansa Braavos?

Well, I always figured that Penny and Oppo had been in Braavos when Petyr heard about them, send his guy there, but by then, Penny and Oppo had travelled on, leading to Kettleback to search after them. It would be a show of LF's determination, perhaps, how far he is willing to go to get exactly what he wants, instead of looking for other dwarves in Braavos (which would have been much easier).

My take is that there is some kind of LF/Illyrio connection. Either LF's man is actually in Varys' pay and told LF he found the dwarves in Braavos because that is where he was supposed to be working or LF has been snooping round Pentos and isn't being honest with Sansa as he doesn't fully trust her yet. I like the latter as I think it would be funny if LF had worked out what is going on with Aegon and had already put his traps in place.

I'd bet it was just a slip up. One of those mistakes that aren't really mistakes because they can be explained away by the characters themselves being mistaken or disingenuous. Like Barristan conflating his tourneys.

I'd bet it was just a slip up. One of those mistakes that aren't really mistakes because they can be explained away by the characters themselves being mistaken or disingenuous. Like Barristan conflating his tourneys.

But he brought attention to it. This was not Septon Chayle.

Rereading for the first time and literally joined because I don't understand why Varys told the small council that Dany was pregnant? I think even if his motives aren't strictly Targ I don't understand why he would want Robert to want her dead? Robert easily could've decided to send a FM after her ...

Also, did Varys ever actually intend to revoke Jorah's banishment? He definitely couldn't of until Ned died which he probably saw coming but did he ever intend on it?

I think Varys wanted a re-enactment of the first quarrel between Rob and Ned about dead Targaryen children for a reason. Dany might have died as a result of it still, that would not matter to Varys. Why should it? Varys is no Dany fan nor a Targaryen loyalist.

If Varys and Illyrio wanted the Dothraki to come across the Narrow Sea and invade Westeros, having Daenerys assassinated or nearly assassinated gives the Dothraki motive to do so, as revenge.

Well, both Viserys and Dany were unable to make them cross the sea. And with the Westerosi minds gone, I doubt they would be looking for the means. To say it with Eddard's voice:

"The narrow sea would still lie between us. I shall fear the Dothraki the day they teach their horses to run on water."

AGoT 33 Eddard VIII (at the start of the chapter)

Rereading for the first time and literally joined because I don't understand why Varys told the small council that Dany was pregnant? I think even if his motives aren't strictly Targ I don't understand why he would want Robert to want her dead? Robert easily could've decided to send a FM after her ...

Also, did Varys ever actually intend to revoke Jorah's banishment? He definitely couldn't of until Ned died which he probably saw coming but did he ever intend on it?

You might find the discussion here of some interest...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104810-varys-the-ned-lf-too-um-and-cersei/

Archived