Football 33: The Return of the Red Devils!

MercenaryChef

Inexperienced, injury-prone youngster? Sign him up, Arsene!

Elsewhere, excellent piece in the Guardian exploring the history of Stamford Bridge. Some amazing pictures.

lolol

Seriously though, it is important to remember that we've only seen him have one good season and he's been injured a lot. Classic case of a reputation that has been enhanced in his absence. We have absolutely no idea what he's like after all his injuries.

I'd be wary of thinking his injuries aren't long term problems based purely on hope. He's been picking up niggling little things for years now outside of his 9 month lay off. Everton would be better for Nastasic. He's a good young defender but he needs a couple of seasons in the first team consistently which I can't see happening at Arsenal due to injuries, all that rotation etc

Mangala is a better prospect than Nastasic by the way. Pretty obvious if you actually watch Mangala from week to week rather than the odd game here and there or the highlights.

ETA: Also worth remembering about Nastasic that he had one great season and then he was out of form for a fair while. Wouldn't bet the house on one good season.

Sounds like Ruud van Nistelrooy. Well known knee problems (even before the major injury he suffered) and then snapped up by Red Manchester as soon as he was better. Injuries don't always tell the whole story.

But I'm not saying that I would want Nastasic at all costs. If he's available (and even better, available on the cheap because of his recent problems), then we should look at it as an option. The fact he had a good season shows that he has the ability, rather than focussing on him being out of form for a while after. Between him and Koscienley we'll have someone who can play CB with Per "BFG" Mertesacker.

Regarding Mangala vs Nastasic - I tend not to watch a lot of Man City games, so I'll take your word for it.

Form was probably the wrong word. I meant that he looked half the player rather than he ws just misplacing passes and stuff. Positioning was off, he lost half a yard of pace somehow etc

I've been MIA from this thread for months. I have 10+ unwatched episodes of the PL Reveiw Show waiting on my DVR.

It's probably just a sabbatical from soccer (I'm on a break from playing too and considering a full retirement). I'm sure I'll return with refreshed appetite soon enough. Keep the flame alive in the meantime. Hopefully Liverpool's transfer committee will all be replaced before January.

I've actually been watching NFL games most Sundays. The outcomes are far less predictable, which has been a welcome change.

I've been MIA from this thread for months. I have 10+ unwatched episodes of the PL Reveiw Show waiting on my DVR.

It's probably just a sabbatical from soccer (I'm on a break from playing too and considering a full retirement). I'm sure I'll return with refreshed appetite soon enough. Keep the flame alive in the meantime. Hopefully Liverpool's transfer committee will all be replaced before January.

I've actually been watching NFL games most Sundays. The outcomes are far less predictable, which has been a welcome change.

Not so fast, Daniel Sturridge!

Come join us in the NFL thread, and God help you.

(I'm hoping Liverpool get some fire in them after the transfer window, it's sad seeing my dad apathetic about the team.)

Just because Mario is subject to racism doesn't mean he himself is immune to making racist comments. Or that he shouldn't be penalized when making such comments, even if it is meant to be a joke.

I didn't say that he isn't capable of saying racist things because he's subject to racism. It's a slap in the face of someone who experiences real racism to be forced go to a fucking class about it when they make a dumb racial joke. And actually yeah, I don't think the FA should be able to penalize anyone for anything they say on their social media or in their private conversations.

Archived