The worst thing you've ever read.

peterbound

Those Stormdance(er?) books, the japanese "inspired" (aka he watched akira and read a wiki article on japan, I shit you not its in an interview)steampunk books make me want to tear my hair(what's left of it) out and scream. I mean I don't expect historical accuracy in SFF but Good lord man, I;ve never seen someone butcher a culture that bad, even on purpose. Orson Scott Card is nicer to Muslims.

50 shades definitely makes the list. I read all three. LOL. I don't like to have opinions on things if I'm not rly informed and at first it was just boring, then bad, then hilariously bad and then I got to that point where it was so hilariously bad I just skim read the rest of the whole thing. (Online pdf someone sent me, didnt buy books lol didnt feel at all guilty about not paying for them) and they were bad. Really, really crap and boring and problematic and just...bad.

The Kite Rider by Geraldine McCaughrean. We're being forced to read it in English right now, which is infuriating since you can actually learn more from a pebble. I have better things to do, i.e lurking on the forums.

Oh, and before you ask, I'm probably younger than the vast majority of the people here. Somehow it never occurred to me that I should hide my age.

I'm actually a twelve-year-old.

The Kite Rider by Geraldine McCaughrean. We're being forced to read it in English right now, which is infuriating since you can actually learn more from a pebble. I have better things to do, i.e lurking on the forums.

Oh, and before you ask, I'm probably younger than the vast majority of the people here. Somehow it never occurred to me that I should hide my age.

I'm actually a twelve-year-old.

Elia, being much, much older than you I can assure you that many terrible and deeply dull books await you. Read them anyway as there is no way of telling what is profoundly great and what should properly be used as bedding for pigs. Welcome to the forums also. I am sure you will find many suggestions on what to read here that you will find interesting .Don't be afraid to strike out into adult territory with your reading. Old enough to be here is old enough to read what we read here. :read:

Oh yes, worst thing I ever read. Being a compulsive reader from about the time I actually learned to read, too many to mention. Recently though, I was given a Dan Brown book. Absolute dreary drivel.

Did Stormdancer take place in Japan? If not, it sounds like the guy tailored the legends to suite his needs, which is fine. I need to add Ed Greenwood's Elminster books to this. I somehow made it through the first and gave up on the second...I don't care about elves.

Yeah you should actually look up Stormdancer. Dude had people calling each other sama as a title instead of a suffix, and I don't really see what legends ge even "tailored" for his garbage. Dude claims he did research and got all bitchy in interviews when it ties out HE READ ONE ARTICLE ON WIKIPEDIA. Dude didn't tailor shit, he's just a dumbass

Wow, you read the entire YA section? So you're that creepy guy who sits in the corner at B&N and paws through it all, eh?

No, your Momma is the creepy guy who ....

Forget it, comebacks aren't my forte. I have to comb through such shit on my sister's insistence because the niece reads such books apparently, which I now do by simply going on Wikipedia. It should be called the Ripoff genre, it is more creatively bankrupt than animated films.

( On a side note, I am the worst brother/ best uncle since I gave her my ASOIAF books )

i hated the beginning of Disciple of the Dog so much, i couldn't go on

Is that the one with all the fart jokes?

The real problem here is that anything I found as bad as peter did Monster Hunter in the OP I got rid of, so I can't just look at my shelves and remember. Other than my tie in collections of course. Oh! I got one!

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Around-Realms-Forgotten/dp/0786901195/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418784613&sr=8-1&keywords=once+around+the+realms&pebp=1418784621046

Archived