School children killed in Pakistan

DJDonegal

Arguing the legality of /any/ war is fucking laughable. Those two words don't belong together. War is war, legal or not. At that point it's who's got the biggest stick. You've got to let that shit go.

And Jslay, you sound like a fucking cartoon character. You're outclassed in this argument. Just sit in the cheap seats on this one. You're making a fool of yourself.

Thanks for the encouragement. outclassed lmao.

I think the debate so far has been quite civil.

As for mourning, I don't often indulge in it, for mourning alone does not make things better for anyone, except for the mourners themselves, as it allows them to express their feeling of loss in an emotional way. The dead children are not better off because of our mourning. Other children in war zones will not benefit from extra safety because of our mourning. If you feel the need to mourn for the sake of coping with the tragedy, by all means do it. But mourning alone is not enough.

I if that's what makes you feel better, wonderful. I am glad.

To clear things up, I wasn't really speaking to you. It was more aimed at the people who jump into these threads declaring that more violence will solve the problem.

Perhaps some reflection is indeed needed, to process emotions and thoughts, before the endless debate continues. Maybe if we were all able to stop ourselves from reacting in any way but with sorrow and by collectively feeling a great sense of loss the debate would cease being a debate.

If only humanity possessed that sort of empathy.

Ok, I can see how my indifference to these scum bags torture could inflame some. I do apologize if it offended any, but there is one thing in this world that would cause me to be violent. Harming my family/children. Torturing would not bring the children back. It would be purely revenge, which is wrong. I just feel pretty strongly on the subject.

And you're alone in this? Most people feel this way. It goes without saying, and surprisingly, most people can contain their urges to torture and maim when presented with a conversation involving youthful deaths.

And you're alone in this? Most people feel this way. It goes without saying, and surprisingly, most people can contain their urges to torture and maim when presented with a conversation involving youthful deaths.

I didn't urge anything. READ. I said I had no problem with my government torturing these people. That is called indifference. Not a call to arms. Way to go!

To clear things up, I wasn't really speaking to you. It was more aimed at the people who jump into these threads declaring that more violence will solve the problem.

Well in that case we are making the same point ;).

If only humanity possessed that sort of empathy.

I don't think we'd be human anymore if we could empathize on such a level. Most people only feel true sorrow when bad things happen to them or the people closest to them. Very few human beings feel true kinship with the entire race.

I don't think we'd be human anymore if we could empathize on such a level. Most people only feel true sorrow when bad things happen to them or the people closest to them. Very few human beings feel true kinship with the entire race.

Child killers are not human IMO.

My god man, get your shit together, it's one page back. Not even like this is a long thread:

' if you slaughter children you should be tortured, yes.'

Away from what this topic is descending towards; BBC have set up a live page to follow the developments.

Now confirmed over 130 dead, and all the attackers have been killed. That's a shame, no matter your view, because they have lost any chance at gleaning further intelligence from the attackers.

ETA: I don't know if the live page is UK only or not. If someone from outside the UK who clicks on it could confirm, that might be useful for other people to know.

I didn't urge anything. READ. I said I had no problem with my government torturing these people. That is called indifference. Not a call to arms. Way to go!

It would actually be up to the Pakistani government to torture these people. Its not like they really have a problem doing that as far as I can see. They don't have branches of their government exposing it, they just get on with it and do it. How's that working out for them?

Are there any Pakistanis here ?

I would really like to hear your perspective about your country before shooting away as some have. What do you make of this mess your nation is in? Does Pakistan as nation even recognize the problems before it ? I mean I've heard that they teach you in schools stuff like Pakistan won all it's wars against India ,falsify apparent threats in history against your country and over exaggerate details to glorify your past leaders ( mainly Jinnah) and your military. Is this true ? Because if it is then it explains why you as citizen have been so accostumed to how your military is hijacking your national interests to look out for itself, especially now that they have the America (amreeka is how it's pronounced there right ?) spectre

Now you've arrived at an interesting point. Pakistani military is both , the glue that holds the country together and the destroyer within. It's a Leviathan that might be the only institute left in Pakistan that still has absolute authority over its internal affairs. Mind you , the ISI is a completely independent entity of it's own, but the military establishment is what dragged the country in the mess that it is today, but is the only thing that prevents an all out breakdown. Thus institutional reform for the Army is impossible ; whatever stability can be provided to this nuclear nation calls the shots and has the final say

My god man, get your shit together, it's one page back. Not even like this is a long thread:

If you slaughter innocent children you should be tortured, yes. I don't know why I was trying to back pedal. Let's focus on the topic and not iindividual feelings. Sad day for the world.

What are you talking about? I said that torturing people is not the right solution to this tragedy. So did cdawnb.

The snapping at each other really needs to cool down. I can see this is a sensitive topic for some people, but we can discuss it without getting personal.

Terrible news to wake up to. The scale of it is pretty sickening.

Pakistan is performing most horribly amougnst the South Asian countries. They cant flush out terrorists from their homeland and yet are eyeing to reach 150 mark on their nukeheads? WTF ?

Humanity is fucked alright, but Pakistan is a functional anarchy heading for the worst

Pakistan having nukes is a fucking disaster. They do not have their shit together at all when it comes to the security situation over there and if one of those things goes missing I don't just worry about the consequences of a detonation - I also worry about what the rest of the world is going to be able to justify in order to stop that from happening.

If you slaughter innocent children you should be tortured, yes. I don't know why I was trying to back pedal. Let's focus on the topic and not iindividual feelings. Sad day for the world.

Because, as I stated upthread, you're outclassed. Stay out of these conversations. You look foolish. The whole internet debate isn't something you're good at. There may be things in the world you excel at. Things that you are considered the apex motherfucking predator at. This isn't one of them. Stop.

Well it's impossible to feel the kind of sorrow a family member of one of these massacred kids is feeling. Same goes for the family members of the men who stormed the school to commit this abhorrently twisted violence.

I think Dawn's point is that most of us are capable, if we try to ignore extraneous thoughts, of feeling a deep sympathy for all those grieving and for the loss of innocent life. We just...don't take the time to do so.

What are you talking about? I said that torturing people is not the right solution to this tragedy. So did cdawnb.

The snapping at each other really needs to cool down. I can see this is a sensitive topic for some people, but we can discuss it without getting personal.

Relic started the flame train, saying I have a brick for a brain. I wonder if he will give himself a warning?

Jslay,

They are human. Hitler and the Nazis were human. Pol pot and the Khmer Rouge were human. Stalin and the NKVD were human. American pilots who's missles and bombs kill children are human. Humans are capable of incredibly heinous acts of violence and have been so capable for millions of years.

Calm down Solmyr, the world doesn't revolve around you on this one.

Archived