Worst Mom in the series

teemo

To go along with the Worst Dad thread, who is the worst mom in the series? Visenya comes to mind in history terms...she poisoned her sister-wife's son and had an evil fucking son. Lysa is also pretty bad in modern day. Cersei has two good kids but Joffrey was a monster and she enabled him...

Well it's more of a contest than the "worst dad" one, that's for sure (I mean that one was so obviously Davos).

I don't know who to go with, I mean Cersei seems to love her kids, albeit in a twisted way.

Lysa was definitely bad news for Sweetrobin in the long run, but she wasn't malicious (towards him anyway).

Selyse could be a candidate, but she's not overly evil or malicious either, she just seems disinterested (and she's a petty human being in general).

...and if anyone says Catelyn, you get a spanking!

...and if anyone says Catelyn, you get a spanking!

Catelyn

Cat because abandoning Bran and Rickon and not returning to them when she had the chance.

Cat because Special Snowflake.

Cat

Right, I warned you, all of you - assume the position.

snip

Hey, what's with the new avatar?

I go with Lysa this week. Last week was Cersei... These two get the crown of worst mother.

Melisandre.

Her shadowbabies are murderous thugs. And they only lived less than a day each.

Terrible mother.

And she can't even dedicate herself to let those kids live for more than a day.

Selyse is going to let her only child be burned alive. She needs to save a spot on her shelf for this trophy

So, we are deciding this on something that didn't happen and we are not sure it will?

Hey, what's with the new avatar?

Davos tried to devise a public relations campaign where Stannis wishes you a merry christmas / happy holidays, but the best we could get from him was a stony expression while getting covered in snow, and even that took 4 takes.

that was more of a tongue-in-cheek reference to the troll-thread arguing that Davos is a terrible parent

I guess I can see where they are coming from, he is down to three out of seven at the moment, ha ha.

And back to bad mothers, do we know anything about Craster's very first wife? Who is presumably the mother of the next generation of Craster's wives. Because just on results alone I think she would deserve a place in the running and if not her then maybe Ned's mother. She was horrible that even all these years after she died he refuses to think about her at all. How sad.... :crying:

Cat because Special Snowflake.

Yeah, Special Snowflake had a hard life dealing with ice stares of one person. I swear to God, the idiocy of such claims...

Davos tried to devise a public relations campaign where Stannis wishes you a merry christmas / happy holidays, but the best we could get from him was a stony expression while getting covered in snow, and even that took 4 takes.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I expect to get something worthy of this, you know?

I am deciding on something I consider a certainty. You can make up your own mind.

True enough... Have that in mind when it comes to Sansa debates :)

do we know anything about Craster's very first wife? Who is presumably the mother of the next generation of Craster's wives.

We don't. Given the wildlings' propensity to have a rape-culture, well... we simply can't tell. Maybe she was simply Crasters first victim, and died in childbirth.

Archived