Reconciling huge events of the past

Has anyone come up with their own timeline of events that is of course not provable, but at least is a coherent train of thought?

I'm really having trouble coming up with anything that hits on all of the big events that we are led to believe took place.

A fucking moon was destroyed

land bridge from Essos to Westeros destroyed

Long night

Neck was sunk

seasons changed from regular to irregular

Valyrians bound dragons

Apparent squishers/mermaids left the land if not the world at some point

there seems to be another race of Old Ones on Leng that seem like they could be the maze builders due to height, so what happened to them?

All the huge structures of black stone, oily, fuzed, and huge blocks, were built by whom and for what purpose?

Dragons use to be all over the world

Some things are holding me up, and it may be that I need to step back further to see them. I keep coming back to the Neck flooding and the arm breaking as actually being natural events, and with that in mind I can basically only think of the end of an Ice Age. So that makes me think the land bridge between Essos and Westeros was flooded after the long night, but that's contrary to the timeline we are presented with. I also can't help but think that if a moon crashed into the earth that the resulting cloud of dirt and such could in fact cause an ice age. Everytime I think I'm coming up with a nice theory that rolls everything into 1, I fail and it just doesn't come together. My 2 best guesses are as follows, and I do not like them.

Moon #2 falls into earth, creates ice age, first men migrate south and find land bridge to westeros in search of food. Others always existed, but the ice age allows them to move south for the first time. People/beings of Ashai try a desperate magical act to bring back the sun that results in seasons becoming irregular and their own destruction. Eventually humans and cotf defeat the ww's, and the dust and dirt settle back down to earth ending the ice age. As ice melts the land bridge between Essos and Westeros is re covered with water.

Or

Land bridge between Essos and Westeros always existed and the FM crossed at a regular time while seasons were regular and there were 2 moons. When the 2nd moon crashed into earth it hit the land bridge taking it out. This still results in an ice age and long night due to cloud of dirt and dust. WW's use long night to attack. Ashai try to fix things with magic and it messes up the seasons and destroys them.

As I said these are crude theories that I am not happy with. Anyone have anything better?

Edit: These theories do not include a possible war between mazebuilders and squishers, which I kind of think happened.

I'm not worried about integrating the Old Ones, the Mazebuilders, or most of the oily stone business into the story. That stuff is only in tWoIaF, not in the present-day story, and merely serves to supply a mysterious background, the sense of the unknown. The one exception might be the Hightower, but Sam will be checking that out for us soon.

There is no reason to try to explain everything through natural events. Magic exists in Planetos. The wonky seasons were caused by magic. The Hammer of the Waters probably happened, and happened twice - the only questions are about timing.

The story about the two moons says IIRC that a moon got too close to the Sun, cracked, and released dragons who drank fire and descended to the world. If we choose to interpret that as a real celestial event, it's not necessarily a moon crashing - it's an eclipse followed by a meteor shower, and the story comes from Qarth, who never figured out anything about dragons anyway. The second part of the story was fulfilled by Drogo (the Sun) and Dany (his moon), not by a real celestial event. We should probably consider the first occurrence to be allegorical as well.

Archived