GRRM ~ 12 Days of Westeros on Twitter ~ V.7

Ser Cold Fingers

Even though this is no longer a Hype Train thread...it will still be fun to discuss and guess the next day.

Everyone needs to keep checking this OP every so often. I will add information as I gather it. That way, we can just copy it for the next revision as needed...heck y'all know the drill! :)

GRRM's official Twitter confirmed that this is NOT a countdown to the release of TWoW.

• https://twitter.com/...519400561610752
  • #12DaysofWesteros is NOT a countdown to the release of WoW, we're sorry for those of you who were misled, just spreading Christmas Cheer :)
  • But to note...it doesn't clarify that it is NOT a countdown to the announcement of TWoW Release Date! Tricky buggers! :cool4:

Random Things to Note

Spoiler
  • There has not been a release of any ASoIaF information like this...but that is a product of the time...social media is MUCH bigger now
  • GRRM Joined Twitter on June 9, 2014
  • These pictures are professionally made, and unique. They are not recycled banners that you can find on Google...they were created specifically for this promotion. Why spend the money on just a Merry Christmas?
  • The #GameOfThrones reference is a literary colloquialism for A Song of Ice and Fire since most people only watch the shows and do not read the books. Try asking a friend about ASoIaF who doesn't read the series...they'll say HUH? You correct them by say "Oh, A Game of Thrones". They will then know what you mean. So #books. Voila.
  • There is speculation that since the Hype Train was so powerful, that several captions on the more recent pictures have been changed... :frown5:

Previous Versions

Day 1 - House Tully

Day 2 - House Greyjoy

Day 3 - House Frey

Day 4 - House Bolton

Day 5 - House Arryn

Day 6 - House Tyrell

Day 7 - House Martell

Day 8 - House Baratheon

Day 9 - House Lannister

Derailed by GRRM's LiveJournal

Time of Posts

Spoiler

Day 1 - 9:59 AM CST (10 Dec 2014)

Day 2 - 10:47 AM CST (11 Dec 2014)

Day 3 - 10:49 AM CST (12 Dec 2014)

Day 4 - 2:03 PM CST (13 Dec 2014)

Day 5 - 4:59 PM CST (14 Dec 2014)

Day 6 - 12:59 PM CST (15 Dec 2014)

Day 7 - 12:20 PM CST (16 Dec 2014)

Day 8 - 12:38 PM CST (17 Dec 2014)

Day 9 - 1:46 PM CST (18 Dec 2014)

Great Houses Remaining

• Stark (currently Exiled)
  • Targaryen (currently Exiled)

Possibilities for the 12th (but not necessarily Day 12)

Spoiler
  • Night's Watch
  • Blackwood (mostly for the readers, show watchers may not get it)
  • Bran on his weirwood root throne in his cave
  • House Baelish (because he technically is the Lord of Harrenhal)
  • House Manderly (readers)
  • House Martin (George & Parris)
  • Random House
  • House Claus
  • House Stokeworth (just because I would laugh)
  • Greetings from Bravos
  • Citadel announcing Winter
  • Picture of The Winds of Winter book jacket, captioned "So Close..."
  • Dunk & Egg pictured in front of a wooden sign "Winterfell, 250 leagues"
  • House Blackfyre...captioned..."Just like Winter...we have arrived..."

Meaning?

Spoiler
  • Spreading Christmas Joy
  • Winter Solstice is an astronomical phenomenon which marks the shortest day of the year...which is alsoThe Longest Night!
  • While we as fans hope the countdown may be to something important (TWoW release date #hope), it may also be nothing more than a fun holiday campaign.
  • Each tweet may also provide some foreshadowing and subtle clues about the roles each house will play or what each house may encounter. ???

Lets discuss! :frown5:

Choo Choo :crying:
#HypeTrain :bawl:

I just don't get these...anyone on this board could have come up with more clever captions. And many of you have. Now they're just depressing to look at.

Oh my god! I've been thinking the same thing! I would expect something like this from someone who knew of the major houses but have never read the books, but for this to have been from his publishers is just weird.

Day 8...I'm going with Baratheon.

Yeah me too.

BTW why not make you own wooden plates, and draw on them with soldering iron, later just paint it with wood paints not that much of the work, after all you have shed now #FuckTheCopyright

Yeah me too.

BTW why not make you own wooden plate, and draw on them with soldering iron, later just paint it with wood paints. #FuckTheCopyright

Talent. That is what is stopping me. I can draw it using AutoCAD or create it 3D with Creo Elements...but drawing with my hands...not so much.

You greatly overestimate my tracing ability.

I'm no Banky...I can't trace!

Well it's nice to be self-aware in this matters. You can always try, and with practice comes perfection.

Now lets get back to business, I wasn't around to say it and I will say it now, Martell one sucks, it's OK as far as pics go, it's not Arryn but it's mild and weak somehow, they lost enthusiasm.

I think they changed the text. Instead of Text embedded in to the photo...it is on a banner of sorts.

The text on banner is also on the Arryn one. The Bolton previous text can easily be covered up by a paint brush in the clouds. No complex background to match there, unlike the Arryn and Martell.

I really think they changed the Bolton, Arryn & Martell. Not the Tyrell.

I think they changed the text. Instead of Text embedded in to the photo...it is on a banner of sorts.

The text on banner is also on the Arryn one. The Bolton previous text can easily be covered up by a paint brush in the clouds. No complex background to match there, unlike the Arryn and Martell.

I really think they changed the Bolton, Arryn & Martell. Not the Tyrell.

Yeah, I've been harping about that since Boltons, so I agree.

I also agree with Tyrells being exception

Yeah, I've been harping about that since Boltons, so I agree.

I also agree with Tyrells being exception

I'm wondering if after all this is over...maybe a few weeks...the actual pictures will just show up somewhere. I really need to see if I can find the twitter account to the Random House intern that is handling this...

Archived