GRRM ~ 12 Days of Westeros on Twitter ~ V.7

Ser Cold Fingers

GRRM's official Twitter confirmed that this is NOT a countdown to the release of TWoW.

• https://twitter.com/...519400561610752
  • #12DaysofWesteros is NOT a countdown to the release of WoW, we're sorry for those of you who were misled, just spreading Christmas Cheer :)
  • But to note...it doesn't clarify that it is NOT a countdown to the announcement of TWoW Release Date! Tricky buggers! :cool4:

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but the 12 days of Westeros is not a countdown to Christmas, but to the first day of winter.

Damnit, I've gotten my hopes up!

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but the 12 days of Westeros is not a countdown to Christmas, but to the first day of winter.

Damnit, I've gotten my hopes up!

Yup...it ends on the LONG NIGHT! The Winter Solstice...the shortest day and LONGEST NIGHT.

This was the rocket fuel we used to power the Hype Train the first 3 days.

I'd love it to be a countdown of some importance, but the attitude taken by grrm on his live journal about the countdown and it's meaning, screams otherwise. Like, pissy screams otherwise

Yeah...when I was in my cups, I had started forming notes on a response to GRRM...it was all very respectful (not sarcastic) but it did try to point out things from our perspective, which I think he has a hard time seeing.

What's going to happen? A boycott?

Even after all of what's happened some of you are still talking as if you understand how stuff works.

You know nothing.

You, on the other hand, appear to have it all figured out. Run along and play and let us lackwits have our fun.

Happy Holidays!!

Books about Christmas cheer?

Honestly, it will probably end with a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays greeting...but one could still hope. Plus it is still fun guessing on the next House and we have had a ton of fun unrelated discussions in here.

It is a nice change of pace since our other options are:

• Don't discuss anything and ignore this website

Try your best to piss on everyone elses good time

Discuss the same topics over and over, especially ith the new members of the board

Or discuss new interpretations

For me...I enjoy this thread...it is light hearted and we try to keep it that way.

Baratheons are next.

Then I say Lannisters, then Targs, then Starks. I'm set on the Starks being last but I'm not sure what the missing 12th will be, although I'm betting it's the Night's Watch. In which case I think it'd come either between Lannisters and Targs, or between Targs and Starks.

Baratheons are next.

Then I say Lannisters, then Targs, then Starks. I'm set on the Starks being last but I'm not sure what the missing 12th will be, although I'm betting it's the Night's Watch. In which case I think it'd come either between Lannisters and Targs, or between Targs and Starks.

I have a weird feeling that Starks to be the penultimate tweet..."Winter is Coming". Since the countdown ends on the first day of Winter...hence winter has arrived.

Last day to be NW with a message about Winter.

Or it will be House Martin (George & Parris) wishing us all a Happy Holidays...but this one holds less weight since the target audience is both sullied & unsullied.

If it was just the books, I would also throw the Citadel into the ring announcing Winter...but, IIRC, the Citadel is not mentioned often in the show. (been a while since I watched the show).

Archived