Poll:Gorillas vs. Chimps?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Which creature do you guys prefer more?

Also, which is more dangerous and why? I keep hearing about chimp attacks on people, both in Africa, and on little old ladies who keep them as companions.

I have barely ever heard of a gorilla killing a person, or even seriously injuring them (though they easily could.)

Im more of a gorilla man myself. The seem nice and gentler (which I think they are in fact.) Although baby chimps can be kind of cute, adult chimps are pretty tough and scary looking Imo. Any thoughts?

Chimps & Gorillas are not monkeys. They, like us, are apes.

This bugs me.

As for the OP, I prefer chimps. They seem to have an air of sarcastic superiority as opposed to Gorillas, who simply have an air of superiority.

Chimps & Gorillas are not monkeys. They, like us, are apes.

This bugs me.

As for the OP, I prefer chimps. They seem to have an air of sarcastic superiority as opposed to Gorillas, who simply have an air of superiority.

Phylogenetically speaking, apes are just a subset of monkeys, like monkeys are a subset of primates. But I get what you're saying.

Which creature do you guys prefer more?

Also, which is more dangerous and why? I keep hearing about chimp attacks on people, both in Africa, and on little old ladies who keep them as companions.

I have barely ever heard of a gorilla killing a person, or even seriously injuring them (though they easily could.)

Im more of a gorilla man myself. The seem nice and gentler (which I think they are in fact.) Although baby chimps can be kind of cute, adult chimps are pretty tough and scary looking Imo. Any thoughts?

I also prefer gorillas, although the reason you hear of chimps who keep attacking people and don't hear the same of gorillas is that far fewer people are dumb enough to try and keep gorillas as pets rather than because, AFAIK, gorillas are any less aggressive.

I also prefer gorillas, although the reason you hear of chimps who keep attacking people and don't hear the same of gorillas is that far fewer people are dumb enough to try and keep gorillas as pets rather than because, AFAIK, gorillas are any less aggressive.

Nah, Chimps are much more violent in the wild too. They can take it to pretty horrific levels

Gorillas for the pacifist win.

If you think about it, it's pretty obvious that chimps are more violent - they're omnivores, they kill and eat animals; gorillas are strictly vegetarian. Yeah, they're capable of doing a lot of damage, they're just unlikely to.

Archived