NBA Regular Season 2014-2015: Injured Kobes and All Star Unibrows

Rhom

Bit of a concern at the end of the game though, as he got kneed on the side of the face, resulting in a possible concussion and an actual dent in his cheek

http://i.imgur.com/sn030qS.jpg

Hope the guy's alright, but this shit was weird. If that knee connected with his temple, then that might've been life threatening.

It was a remarkable game against the Blazers. Without Durant, without Adams, without Kanter. Westbook was a beast once again. Not that Lillard didn't do good damage himself but Westbrook is just insane. It is so right that the MVP discussion is between him, James, Harden and Curry. We definitely need to wait until the end of the season before we can say who should win this one. Last year Duran was a fairly clear winner but this time you've got 4 super legit candidates.

So Westbrook was superb again, and yet, another loss. I do hope Westbrook isn't injured, that was a nasty hit to the face by Roberson. Another player that stood out again to me is Mitch McGary. Really like his style, seems like a real talent to me. And that is interesting because Steven Adams really surprised as well last year. What is with thse young bigs in Oklohama that come up so fast? McGary had a few good games already but last night he showed real skill.

Windhorst (sp) was on Cowherd this morning and was sort of claiming that he had it on good information that LeBron was kind of annoyed that he wasn't showing up in the MVP discussion enough this year. That actually makes sense to me, at least now that Cleveland has roared back into the picture. I suspect that LeBron will come back into the discussion if Cleveland keeps looking stronger than that really slow start to the season.

I also think that a player like him sometimes paradoxically has a harder time winning MVP the more great they are because folks kind of assume that they are so gifted that their greatness is a given or something. More like a fact of the universe than a special effort just from that year.

It's okay, he's a shoe in for executive of the year...

ETA: That pic of Westbrook is stomach churning. :stillsick:

It's okay, he's a shoe in for executive of the year...

ETA: That pic of Westbrook is stomach churning. :stillsick:

Indeed. He underwent surgery today, will miss next game and will be reevaluated this coming week. He's very fortunate; if it were 2 inches higher (I.e. at the temple) then he would be under dire circumstances. As it stands, the Age of the Bestbrook will have a (hopefully) minor hiatus.

...and the Raps have hit the low point in the last season and a half, by losing to the Knicks. Ugh.

...and the Raps have hit the low point in the last season and a half, by losing to the Knicks. Ugh.

Don't worry the Wizards are here to make you feel better. They somehow lost to the 76ers and TWolves in the last week. The 76ers loss is particularly embarrassing. How do you lose to a team that's both trying to lose and just traded away what little NBA level talent it has?

Holy Toledo what a win tonight by the Warriors!

They erase a 26 point deficit in Beantown.....going really, really small (Bogut terrible, Speights doesn't play and Ezelli suspended).

I don't how that will work tomorrow night against Brooklyn( Plumlee, Lopez, and company), but the Dubs will take this one with a smile.

Don't worry the Wizards are here to make you feel better. They somehow lost to the 76ers and TWolves in the last week. The 76ers loss is particularly embarrassing. How do you lose to a team that's both trying to lose and just traded away what little NBA level talent it has?

Well the TWolves have actually been a decent team since Rubio's return. Raps play the 76ers tonight, so we'll see. I think they're in the same boat as the Wizards.

Archived