Predictions for Cersei Lannister for TWoW?

dsug

Cersei is a feminist character but she is not a feminist symbol or a feminist icon or anywhere close to it. Learn to differentiate please.

She is a feminist icon in the context of Westeros...has the power and position to exert an influence denied to most other women, she even had the power to change/revoke laws when she was regent. Dany has similar status, though not in any official capacity, and I despise that dragon worshiping brat.

She is a feminist icon in the context of Westeros...has the power and position to exert an influence denied to most other women, she even had the power to change/revoke laws when she was regent. Dany has similar status, though not in any official capacity, and I despise that dragon worshiping brat.

Right and Cersei did absolutely nothing to change things or help other women. Instead she further continued to oppress women just like her tyrannical father. Dany on the other hand actively goes out if her way to help women

The Tyrells could just as easily use Tommen to name one of themselves reagent, Varys may want Cersei to become reagent again but there's no guarantee that it will work out that way. Even if she does become reagent, the Tyrells would still hold most of the power in KL, they have troops in the city she only has a small number of Lannister men and Cersei doesn't have many friends at court anymore.

As for not leaving before, Stannis had a claim to the throne, the Tyrells have absolutely no claim without Tommen. If Joffery had abandoned the city when Stannis was bearing down on it it probably would have surrendered to him. Now that he's far away in the North it's not really an issue for the moment.

Except this is Varys we are talking about. Cersei has the master of whisperers on her side, and she is still mother to the king and Lady of CR, commanding the other part of the alliance. Besides, if you read TWoW spoiler Mercy, you'd find that she does regain the Regency.

"If he goes back without the gold the queen will have his head"

Cersei has regained the Regency, or Swyft wouldn't be answering to her as master of coin. It can't be Margaery given she has never been known to have a violent disposition.

Except Stannis was attacking the city, a more immediate threat than the Tyrells. The Tyrells won't let Cersei smuggle the king out, he needs to be in KL with them to effectively rule.

She will win her trial and I think somehow Varys will get her back into position as regent because he NEEDS her to keep things in the state of chaos from which fAegon will eventually appear as a savior. Cersei needs to be there when the Iron Bank comes for their due, and when the religious war really breaks--she is the scapegoat in Varys's plan.

Then the assassins will come for Tommen.

The Martells will take advantage and send Myrcella (and Tristane) to rule (since Quentin is gone--Arianne is going after fAegon, so they are trying to have hands in all pots)--but Myrcella, once crowned, will also die.

Her children gone, Cersei will be sent back to Casterly rock, powerless, where Edmure Tully (currently a prisoner there) will strangle her, fulfilling the prophecy as Valonquar as Cat's Little Brother...

I agree that she'll flee to CR but I disagree that it will be right after the trial. She'll be feeling relieved, victorious, and she'll be hell bent on getting revenge. I'm honestly fine with the HS getting his ass handed to him so I like the idea of Cersei paying off that debt.

I think Aegon will be what causes her to flee. That and possibly some false news about Jaime. She may not love Jaime but I think she'd be shaken to the core if she thought for sure that he w

If Myrcella dies I think she'll go before Tommen.

A small thing but I won't be surprised if she starts sporting a wig once she resumes being Regent.

If Margaery does end up being executed I could also see Cersei looking to make a non Tyrell alliance through marriage to Tommen. I admit though that there aren't many suitable candidates, certainly not as far as from the Great Houses. Shireen, Sansa, Arya, were the best candidates prior to the war but now I can't really think of anyone who is age appropriate plus being highborn enough.

• 2 months later...

Revival!!

I could see Cersei, after winning her trial, essentially ordering the eradication of the Faith. Headed by Ser Robert Strong, she sends some men to just slaughter everyone in the Sept of Baelor, and then burn it to the ground with wildfire.

That would certainly enrage the smallfolk.

I love theorizing about Cersei's fate.

Letseee ... First, she'll win her trial. Varys wants to keep her in power, to do some more chaos, so he'll plant evidence for Margaery's guilt (whether she is actually guilty or not) and she'll be executed. Tommen will be a sad widower panda, and the Tyrell's will be upset. They'll rally their forces, but may or may not direct it at the Faith (there are pious people in their ranks, and it sends a bad message to attack your own Religion). The Sandsnakes will arrive in King's Landing with Myrcella; Tyene to whisper sweet nothings in the High Sparrow's ear and Nymeria to take Oberyn's place in the Small Council.

Second, f?Aegon shows up, possibly with Arianne at his side. Tyene or Nymeria murdur Tommen to make way for either queen Arianne or prince-consort Trystane. The Tyrells make war with Aegon outside King's Landing, or perhaps ally to get rid of Cersei, and Cersei burn down the city with the Substancetmto get rid of them all, purify herself from the Walk, and make Casterly Rock the new capital.

Third, she flees the city with Myrcella to Casterly Rock, crowns Myrcella queen, and rule in her name. The Tyrell forces and the Martell-backed Aegon forces has either been obliterated, or heavily reduced, with possibly both Mace and Aegon bbq:ed. Willas and Doran are pissed at Cersei and join forces to take her down, and WOOOSH in comes Dany flying on Drogon, with Victarion's Iron Fleet, 1 000 000 seasick dothraki, and a Tyrion on a Viserion.

Fourth, I'm sure something about the Others happens, with the Starks and the Snow as the heroes. Myrcella dies in some tragically interesting way (perhaps a bad case of Arya). Dany makes a big meltdown, and hurrah the Others are repelled, which just shows what we all can do if the seven kingdoms work together. Dany storms Casterly Rock and casts down the queen, but Cersei try to flee and is caught up by Jamie who strangles her.

Then there's a disco and everyone and their horse are groovin' like a happy d@mn ending.

The End.

Jaimie loves Cersei...if he kills her...it will be a mercy killing.

I don't think Cersei and Jaimie will survive to the end...and I don't think the end of the series will be a super happy one like most fantasies...

Maybe the Others will overtake Westeros due to all the in-fighting and the survivors will flee to Essos? And go to war against Dany for control of Essos?

A theory:

Cersei will see Kevan's demise as her last chance of holding on to power. She will grasp that chance in desperation, accuse the church of what happened to Kevan, and order the High Sparrow to be arrested. The church will respond by raising the population in revolt. The City Watch will be unable to stem the tide, and may even turn against Lannister troops. The Red Keep will be overrun. Tommen will perish despite the heroic efforts of Ser Pounce. Cersei will be forced to flee to Casterly Rock with one or two loyal, drooling White Cloaks. The Hound and the Mountain will enjoy a private reunion rather than a public one. The unification of the Seven Kingdoms as one under the now vacant Iron Throne effectively ends.

Well done, Cersei, you avoided your impending trial and managed to exceeded Varys's expecatations, all at the same time.

Given the slow rate plot continues I see her surviving Winds.

- Her trial will be a win for her.Under Varys's influence I doubt Margaery will have the same luck.She will be found guilty and await execution.

- Cersei will have mixed feelings about Kevan's and Pycelle's death:relief that she will regain regency and remain in King's Landing and madness that Tyrion is still there and her time is coming.

- She will regain some power,but the Sand Snakes will be furious when they see Robert Strong and hear the rumors about him.I believe they will kill Tommen, unmask the zombie and cancel Cersei's win.She will be arrested again.

- Jaime, learning the chaos in King's Landing, will return and try to rule at last,trying to protect Myrcella and keep the Tyrell-Lannister alliance.Cersei will feel he betrayed her.

- I believe Sansa will return to King's Landing (the Mad Mouse will take her?) and will be found innocent for regicide.This will push Cersei more over the edge.

- Aegon takes King's Landing.All remaining Lannisters (including Cersei) become his hostages.

The end of Winds finds her imprisoned, totally insane after Tommen's death,feeling betrayed from her family and especially Jaime,hating Tyrells and Martells for allying with Aegon, hating Sansa and Tyrion for killing her son,wanting revenge from the Faith and the smallfolk of King's Landing for the walk of shame.

I don't think Cersei will be pleased by Kevan and Pycelle's deaths. She would be pleased if she had orchestrated them herself, but not when they have been orchestrated by another. She is more likely to have mixed feelings, especially about Kevan (I don't think she would care much about Pycelle). She would probably feel relieved that he's out of the way, but at the same time would become more paranoid, because whoever killed him is a threat to her as well, and angry because this is a blow against her House. Remember, she was angry when Catelyn arrested/kidnapped (call it whatever you like) Tyrion, even though she hated Tyrion, since that was an insult and an attack against House Lannister.

I doubt Margaery will be convicted at her trial, let alone be executed. Everyone agrees that the evidence against her is minimal: Cersei's manufactured evidence collapsed as soon as Cersei was arrested, and the only solid piece of evidence is her broken hymen, which could potentially be attributed to horseback riding. Additionally, her father and his bannermen hold King's Landing, and will likely put some pressure on the High Septon and the judges to rule in Margaery's favour (remember that there are other highborn young men and women that are also accused of being involved in her adultery, and their parents would not want them to be executed, which they would be if she is found guilty). Margaery also has the common people on her side, since she is very popular in King's Landing due to her involvement in charity. There was a mob outside Baelor's Sept shouting for Margaery's release. Since the new High Septon was raised by the people, he would not want to go against their will.

Imo, Dany is much more of a feminist icon than Cersei. Cersei is as much a feminist icon as I am pink unicorn with sparkly silver wings and a tail made out of candy floss. It is apparent from her POVs that she thinks that women are stupid sluts and that she's the only smart woman in the world. She also keeps thinking that she'd be better off if she were a man. And she has done absolutely nothing to improve the position or treatment of women in Westerosi society. In fact, she displays so much hatred against her own sex that I wonder what on earth you must be thinking to label her a feminist icon. She has a position of power that most other women can't have, that is true, but so does, for example, a female politician in the modern world that argues for women to have "traditional" roles, staying out of the workforce and fights against contraception and sexual freedom for women. Would you label her a feminist icon? (There are many such examples in the real world, I will not give specific names).

Archived