Predictions for Cersei Lannister for TWoW?

dsug

I am looking forward to any sort of action at Casterly Rock.

As far as the valonqar killing her: she's older than Jaime. I would like to see Jaime being the one to kill her, but I don't think she'll die before the last book.

• 2 weeks later...

I think both the trials will go south for her. One younger brother will support the faith and beat her champion the other younger brother will successfully defend Margery. These younger brothers will have matching facial burns.

Then her story will be extended some how and she will be about to go out in giant blaze of glory when Jamie chokes her to death and her story line ends with a fizzle.

Tbh I have no idea

I think both the trials will go south for her. One younger brother will support the faith and beat her champion the other younger brother will successfully defend Margery. These younger brothers will have matching facial burns.

Then her story will be extended some how and she will be about to go out in giant blaze of glory when Jamie chokes her to death and her story line ends with a fizzle.

Tbh I have no idea

Why do people think Jaime will be the one to kill her, it seems very unlikely. Unless there's some evidence I'm missing?

Why do people think Jaime will be the one to kill her, it seems very unlikely. Unless there's some evidence I'm missing?

Everyone is predicting that she will be responsible for Tommen/Myrcella/Tyrion/Brienne 's death (maybe even all of them) which would be enough to make Jaime strangle her in the heat of the moment. Plus, she did kinda ruin his life...

• 1 month later...

She flees to Casterly Rock seeing Aegon advance with his armies. But she burns down Kings Landing as a "parting shot" to spite both Aegon and the peasants who took pleasure in her nudity.

I can totally agree with this. She will do what Jamie stopped. Jamies whole life changed then. He became the Kingslayer, everyone hates him for that. Then his own sister/lover destroys everything. This would make Jamie angry enough to kill her. Especially if she makes her children die as well.

And this would also explain the series. Dany had a vision where she (Dany) walks through the throne room, everything is covered with snow (it is winter) and everything is burned down. I never understood that scene. Now I do.

I can totally agree with this. She will do what Jamie stopped. Jamies whole life changed then. He became the Kingslayer, everyone hates him for that. Then his own sister/lover destroys everything. This would make Jamie angry enough to kill her. Especially if she makes her children die as well.

And this would also explain the series. Dany had a vision where she (Dany) walks through the throne room, everything is covered with snow (it is winter) and everything is burned down. I never understood that scene. Now I do.

I really like the irony, and narrative symmetry of this. Not to mention we've had foreshadowing of a sorts in her using Wildfire to burn down the Tower of the Hand.

IIRC we are to see the Rock in TWoW. Could only really be through Cercei's eyes (POV).

My predictions. She wins the trial, The Iron Bank calls for its due, Arya sent to K.L. to collect and Tommon picks up the tab. Cercei loses her marbles and burns down K.L and leaves for the Rock which we'd see, presumealy near the end of TWoW. Setting up for the last book finale (subplot) climax with Jaime (perhaps even withTyrion making an appearance as part of Dany's return to Westeros)

Cersei will win her trial by combat. She will unleash Robert Strong on the Faith and all her enemies. The Kingsguard and her soldiers will gain a tentative grasp on Kings landing. Margery will not survive her trial unfortunately and probably rather than burn Kings Landing to the ground, the Tyrells will just leave them to starvation with the promise of no aid or food.. She will be known as the Mad Queen after all the death and atrocities she unleashed on the Kingdom. Her time is going to be short lived. Making Jamie yet the KinSlayer again.

I think she regains some power uses Robert Strong and Qyburn to kill Margaery. Then some time will pass before Aegon's army, the dornish army supporting Myrcella and Quentyn, Euron riding a dragon with his ironborn and the mannis all turn up with their armies at once. Chaos ensues. Tommen and Myrcella die. Cersei unleashes the wildfire just as Stannis (the little brother of her husband) walks through the flames and throttles the life out of her. Then the others turn up and kill everybody.

I definitely think she will use Ser Robert to be her personal guard/attack dog. She will win her trial by combat and basically be exiled to Casterly Rock. She will stay there and stew for a while, with Ser Robert at her side.

Eventually, Myrcella will die and Cersei will return to an army. She will slaughter the remaining Tyrells, but Tommen will die in the battle. Completely insane, she will lock herself in the throne room and have the entire city set ablaze with wildfire. Eventually, someone (Jaime? Tyrion?) will arrive and choke the life from her before the flames consume them both.

Idk if this is in the right place but whatever.

What do you guys think will happen to Cersei in the winds of winter? Share all your thoughts!!

My personal theory:

We will first see Cersei from someone else's POV, perhaps Mace Tyrell or someone, coming to tell her of Kevan and Pycelle's deaths. She will put on a big show of grief and all that, and the POV will comment on how much she's changed since the walk of shame. Cersei will pray a bunch for Kevan and Pycelle, or at least pretend to.

And then eventually we shift to Cersei's POV and she's like "YASSS THEYRE DEAD THANK GOD." But then she's gonna suspect Tyrion and all that. She refuses to have Kevan's funeral held at the Sept of Baelor, because she never wants to go back there. It's somewhere else.

Next, she has her trial by combat and Ser Robert Strong wins. She immediately drops the whole pious act and resumes her bitchy attitude. She views Margaery's trial, and watches with joy as they execute her for her "crimes.''

Mycella will die, and she will go batshit crazy. She'll suspect they Tyrells did it to get back at her for Margaery, and watch over Tommen like a hawk. She will attempt to kill herself, but will not go thru without because she needs to be there for Tommen. And she still needs to see every building in Kings Landing burned to ash.

You're forgetting Maggie Frog's prophesy. We know that Margaery will live and take everything that Cersei holds dear, before the Valonquar kills her. Prophecies have had a pretty good track record in ASOIAF as far as coming true is concerned so I think we have already seen the outline of what will be Cersei's future...

Deep down I wish the Faith uses Gravedigger-Hound as a Champion and he defeats Strong, thus fulfilling the prophecy of the valonqar.

I don't know how well that fits with her retaking the regency as one poster stated above, but we'll see.

if she wins her trial she will think that she can get away with everything as she can always choose trial by combat. so the faith will look for a champion who can defeat strong and when the hears of the undead giant he will realize who that is and fight him. at least thats what i hope.

I think her first chapter will be the trial. I think Robert will go up against a tertiary character and defeat him. I don't think the Faith's Champion will be the Hound but maybe after Robert Strong is revealed to the world and everyone figures out he is Gregor, the Faith might send Sandor to fight him in a later trial by combat to give him closure. But anyways, I think that Cersei will not be able to take up regency again and Mace Tyrell will assume rule as Lord Regent. Cersei and Mace will be in a major conflict throughout the first half of the book. Cersei has by far less power but I think she's learned from past mistakes and will not make as poor of decisions this time. The possibility of her being assassinated seems unlikely because people like Varys and Littlefinger want her left alive and Mace wouldn't want look any more suspicious than he already does for the deaths of Kevan and Pycelle. I have a hard time seeing Doran declaring for Aegon. I think Mace might decide to join him since the Lannister/Tyrell alliance is a ticking timebomb. Cersei will flee King's Landing with Tommen and head for the Riverlands.

I think Varys made a mistake if he was trying to return her to power by killing Kevan and Pycelle. I think the Tyrells will completely take over from the Lannisters in TWOW and Cersei will be kept out of power. She'll probably try to steal Tommen away and flee King's Landing for Casterly Rock after her trial (If she wins, which seems likely for the moment). Whether or not she'll succeed in that I have no idea. If she doesn't she'll remain mostly powerless but if she gets back to the Westerlands with Tommen she'll have the power of the Lannister treasury and army behind her and she'll have left the Tyrells clutching a throne without a king.

Varys WANTS the Lannisters & Tyrells to fight

So Cersei trying to seize control works perfect for him

There also is no way both Cersei and Margaery win trials

I have no idea what is up with the moon tea but it seems likely both Loras and Margary on the road to their own disgraces, which will cause Tyrell to pull out of a losing cause

Cersei will win her trial, but it will be a pyrrhic victory, because in the middle of a duel between ser Robert Strong and the Faith's champion, Robert goes frenzy, and kills many watchers around the fighting ring. Eventually he kills the person he should, and Cersei's innocence is proven. After the fight Cersei walks along the carnage of the innocent townsfolk that her champion has made and among the dead bodies is Tommen.

• 1 month later...

TWoW spoiler shows that she regained the Regency.

is this a reference to 

“If he goes back without the gold the queen will have his head." ?

When I first read that, I wondered if its possible they were referring to another queen, perhaps Margaery.  Is there more evidence I'm missing that Cersei has regained the Regency?

• 2 weeks later...

is this a reference to 

“If he goes back without the gold the queen will have his head." ?

When I first read that, I wondered if its possible they were referring to another queen, perhaps Margaery.  Is there more evidence I'm missing that Cersei has regained the Regency?

Margaery has not been known to have a violent disposition, and doesn't execute subordinates like that. She also wouldn't be acting in her name, but the king's. 

Archived