Video Games: This is (Elite) Dangerous

Werthead

As the last one got threadlocked.

Still trying to really get Elite: Dangerous off the ground. The learning curve is reasonably steep even for veterans of the series so far, but I have to agree with the assessments that the flight/combat model is fantastic, finding just the sweet spot between proper Newtonian physics and the more casual flight model in games like X-Wing and Freespace. The space station design is also exceptional. The one drawback to the always-online requirement (even for SP mode) is that it won't be possible to mod the game in the near future, as it is screaming out for B5 and BSG total conversions.

It's pretty much always worth waiting for the complete version with Firaxis. Unless you really, desperately want to play it right now I guess. Then do you.

I didn't get Civ 5 until after the first expansion came out and I feel like that was a good decision.

It's pretty much always worth waiting for the complete version with Firaxis. Unless you really, desperately want to play it right now I guess. Then do you.

I didn't get Civ 5 until after the first expansion came out and I feel like that was a good decision.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I got Civ 5 when all the dlc was released, so I'll do the same again. I'm in no rush, as I've started yet another Civ 5 game (no more Mr Nice Guy - I will go for my first domination victory).

I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas for the first time. I haven't got very far yet (just cleared the Nightkin out of that factory place near Novac) but I'm really enjoying it. Unfortunately I was attacked by 4 legion assassins while only at level 4, and had to keep getting killed until they stopped appearing for some reason.

I don't see anything that makes me wet on the Steamer.

I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas for the first time. I haven't got very far yet (just cleared the Nightkin out of that factory place near Novac) but I'm really enjoying it. Unfortunately I was attacked by 4 legion assassins while only at level 4, and had to keep getting killed until they stopped appearing for some reason.

That happened to me quite frequently. Get Boone on your side and heads will roll.

Dark Souls 2 is a damn good price but since they're going to be releasing a complete version with supposedly improved graphics (switching to DX11) and all the DLC bundled in it just doesn't make much sense to buy it right now. I never finished it before selling my PS3 personally.

I don't see anything that makes me wet on the Steamer.

That happened to me quite frequently. Get Boone on your side and heads will roll.

Managed to ambush another four of them with some stealth boys, dynamite, a hunting rifle and Boone. All Boone succeeded in doing was getting shot to pieces while I sneaked away and picked them off at a distance. He's been great as a companion, but that was not his finest hour. :P

Gotta avoid pissing off the Legion (or NCR) too early on. They only send people against you if your standing falls from killing them or completing missions against them.

Yeah I killed all of the Legion guys at Nipton, and am now vilified. :/

This game is great fun so far, but glitchy as fuck.

Managed to ambush another four of them with some stealth boys, dynamite, a hunting rifle and Boone. All Boone succeeded in doing was getting shot to pieces while I sneaked away and picked them off at a distance. He's been great as a companion, but that was not his finest hour. :PYeah I killed all of the Legion guys at Nipton, and am now vilified. :/

This game is great fun so far, but glitchy as fuck.

In a little while (or long while, depending on how much you digress from the main story) you get a single standing reset with all major factions that you're negative with. So if it gets too annoying, rush to the Strip, have that happen while you're there the first time, and then go back to doing whatever

Had my first go at PS4 remote play on my wife's Xperia Z3. Before I do it again I need to get the do-hickey that attaches the phone to the DS4 controller, so I don't have to find somewhere to rest the phone. I played Dragon Age Inquisition.

In general it worked well. However in heavy fighting scenes with a lot of onscreen action there was a bit of stutter. The Wifi failed a couple of times, but at least that auto-pauses the game as "controller has been disconnected", so it's annoying, but doesn't cause any negative consequences in the game itself. However I would not be wanting to play online multiplayer stuff using remote play.

The Z3 screen itself has great resolution, and the size is perfectly fine. The contrast / brightness was a bit low so I hope I can figure out how to adjust that. I can probably just do it in the game settings itself by turning up the brightness, but that will mean having to turn the brightness back down when I go back to playing on TV.

It might be a good marital aid. When my wife is sitting in bed reading, I can be there with her playing a game. At the moment if she wants to read or watch TV in bed and I want to play we're at opposite ends of the house.

It might be a good marital aid. When my wife is sitting in bed reading, I can be there with her playing a game. At the moment if she wants to read or watch TV in bed and I want to play we're at opposite ends of the house.

Me and the boyfriend gave up on the bedroom a long time ago. I end up curling up in my chair and sleeping there most nights, so he set up his work desk in the back of the living room so that we can be together. I don't know what he does back there, but at least we do it 'together' now.

Let me guess, you offed Vulpes Inculta?

If it gets too annoying, rush to the Strip, you get a one-time faction standing reset with NCR and Legion once you complete the main quest there. There are a few NCR camps on the way there that you can use to hide in if you need help. Plus Assassins almost always carry great gear.

Had my first go at PS4 remote play on my wife's Xperia Z3. Before I do it again I need to get the do-hickey that attaches the phone to the DS4 controller, so I don't have to find somewhere to rest the phone. I played Dragon Age Inquisition.

In general it worked well. However in heavy fighting scenes with a lot of onscreen action there was a bit of stutter. The Wifi failed a couple of times, but at least that auto-pauses the game as "controller has been disconnected", so it's annoying, but doesn't cause any negative consequences in the game itself. However I would not be wanting to play online multiplayer stuff using remote play.

The Z3 screen itself has great resolution, and the size is perfectly fine. The contrast / brightness was a bit low so I hope I can figure out how to adjust that. I can probably just do it in the game settings itself by turning up the brightness, but that will mean having to turn the brightness back down when I go back to playing on TV.

That's pretty cool. I haven't actually read of anyone (besides game reviewers) actually use that function. Does it bother you if there's too many things going on the screen at once?

So after I beat GTAV,I'm looking for a new game to aquire. I'm torn between Inquisition and Farcry 4.

I've not played the previous Dragonages and I've heard Farcry is basically a new skin on top of Farcry 3. Which isn't a bad thing, but.

So I'm really just looking for a recommendation between the two.

Archived