Favorite Quote in the Series?

Lord Coldhands

"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

and also: "The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done." I get chills everytime I read that. It holds such a promise.

Yeah I liked that. I never though Lord Manderly was capable of such.

"And me, that boy I was... when did he die, I wonder? When I donned the white cloak? When I opened Aerys’s throat? That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead." A brutally honest moment of self realization.

Yeah, Jaime has really, really, really changed for the better throughout AFFC and ASOS.

"Ho-Dor"

Hodor hodor hodor!

"In this world only winter is certain. We may lose our heads, it's true... But what if we prevail?"

Ned Stark to Borells

Don't particularly know why this one stuck with me.

I liked that one, too. Ned was a fantastic character. I wish he had lived longer, or gone to the Wall with Jon as Varys and Cersei thought he would.

Maderly's promise

"Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK." - I love a 10 year old girl thumbing her nose at Stannis

"Don't make me rue the day i raped your mother" - disgusting sentiment for sure, but damn is that just cold.

I kinda wish Jon becomes KitN, but I also want him to stay at the Wall ;-;

Did anyone else think Davos' speech to Wyman was better than Wyman's? Maybe it's because I'm more pro King Stannis.

I love the Varys quote on power as well, smartest thing in the series. It might sound hyperbolic but that could have come from Plato. Ok, the cave allegory is better, but it's better than the ship one I think.

This one isn't my absolute favorite, just like how simply its put

Brown Ben Plumm, the captain of the Second Sons, had put it more succinctly. "Man wants to be the king o' the rabbits, he best wear a pair o' floppy ears."

Archived