The Darkstar; Hero or Villain?

Pecnut

I call that head canon! And I have a lot of it.

Seriously, given the fact that he’s clearly jealous of Arthur’s fame, which he attributes to his wielding Dawn, and that he’s now essentially an outlaw with little to loose, I would call your idea speculative, but certainly not “crackpot”.

Basing things on character motivation and narrative makes us odd ducks around here. We should start a club.

I guess I've been in too many nerd wars in the Trek community that the word "canon" always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I digress. :P

But anyways, speculation is what we have to fill the ever growing void between the novels. Some people enjoy crunching the details of the world and the timeline as it were to predict what will happen next. The characters are what make the story more interesting than the setting to me. I didn't realize that until I reread Lord of the Rings for the millionth time and it occurred to me that as great as the setting was, the characters really are two dimensional and that's why I wasn't enjoying it as much as I was other novels.

So yeah, speculating(I'll run with that!) on character motivations is interesting for me because it will paint a more complete picture by answering why as much as who what when and where. So sure, I'll join the club! :P

Archived