Long Price Quartet or Acts of Caine

Michael Seswatha Jordan

The series are really different. What are you looking for in a book right now? Character-driven stuff or action? Unusual setting or gritty yet standard fantasy? Swearing and violence or polite hand gestures and politics?

You gotta give us more to go on. Both are great, and I'd recommend both, but they're so different I don't know how to recommend one over the other.

Can't go wrong with either, but Long Price is a bit overhyped on this board. Good series, but not one of the best out there IMO. I prefer Abraham's other fantasy series, Dagger & Coin.

Acts of Caine on the other hand, is not overhyped at all. Totally awesome, though I'm only nearing the end of the second book right now.

I have not read Acts of Caine so I cannot address the OP, but I am one of those who is hyping Long Price.. I think it's vastly underrated..

Put me in this category as well.

Yes, notice I said if you DONT do ebooks.

But because they're now available on ebooks, the price for a mmpb has dropped dramatically. Amazon has many copies for less than $20. A far cry from $9M.

It's quite possible these are the two best series in modern fantasy. Both nearly flawless.

They're also so completely different that they're basically impossible to directly compare. Read both.

Agreed. It's my favorite work of fiction.

Well, I understand LPQ is political right? Is there is still action and intrigue. I'm really looking for a lot of intrigue and something to make ya think.

You're probably looking more at Long Price then. The first book is a slow burn, and very little/no action, but it's got intrigue and politics like crazy. The third and fourth books have more action elements.

Acts of Caine has intrigue as well, especially book two (which is as far as I've read so far), but not at the same level as Long Price.

Archived